Author Topic: Comodo preformance  (Read 3378 times)

Offline engelis

Comodo preformance
« on: January 25, 2010, 01:58:19 AM »
2 Months ago when was using Kaspersky Internet Security  2010  my PC got Hacked.Lost all game accounts 7 email adress.
Then i found out about COMODO need to agree was suprized about preformance even on free version ^^
The thing im cerious aboout is when i start a game it always shows somthing about keyloging(Instal global hook).
its false possitive?

Offline Matty_R

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • How long is a piece of string?
Re: Comodo preformance
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 08:50:23 AM »
It`s telling you that the executable which has an entry in Defense+/Computer security policy is installing a Global hook.

From the help file, a brief explanation.

Windows/WinEvent Hooks - In the Microsoft Windows® operating system, a hook is a mechanism by which a function can intercept events (messages, mouse actions, keystrokes) before they reach an application. The function can act on events and, in some cases, modify or discard them.  Originally developed to allow legitimate software developers to develop more powerful and useful applications, hooks have also been exploited by hackers to create more powerful malware. Examples include malware  that can record every stroke on your keyboard; record your mouse movements; monitor and modify all messages on your computer; take over control of your mouse and keyboard to remotely administer your computer. Leaving this box checked means that you are warned every time a hook is executed by an untrusted application.   

Matt
A couple of computers :P

Offline jay2007tech

• Malware Research Group
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 11:08:25 AM »
.Lost all game accounts 7 email adress.
You can guarantee that something happened to cause it

The thing im cerious aboout is when i start a game it always shows somthing about keyloging(Instal global hook).
If there is a file you suspect, upload it to
http://www.virustotal.com/
they give you a answer

You should check to see if you have this setting
1)  click on the comodo icon
2)  click on "defense +"
3)  click on "advanced"
4) click on "Defense+ Settings"
5) make sure there's a checkmark on "Block all unknown requests if the application is closed"
6)  Now click on "'Monitor Settings"
7)  Make sure there's a checkmark on "keyboard" and computer monitor"
8)  click "ok"
9)  click apply IF there is one, if now don't worry about it
10) Your done :-TU

It's hard being a crooked Admin when the files won't pass an md5checksum test.  But like any other good crooked Admin it can be done, it just takes time(and lots of it) and a few aspirins

Offline SiberLynx

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 01:57:32 AM »
This matter was discussed and solved - FP

- that is a legit and commonly used technique regarding hooking
see double post here

The "e-mail & hacking" seems to be unrelated to the alleged "keylogger" issue and it was not explained by the original poster  properly neither there nor here.

My regards
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 02:00:24 AM by SiberLynx »
Main OS - Ubuntu
XP Pro, SP3 (32bit), Admin; Comodo Firewall 3.14.130099.587; Proactive with Defense+; Emsisoft Anti-Malware v9; Sandboxie
Win 7 x64, Admin (UAC off); Win7 advanced FW +TinyWall; Emsisoft Anti-Malware v9; Sandboxie
Win 7 Ultimate 32bit (UAC off); Emsisoft Internet Security v9 beta

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek