Author Topic: Why CIS Premium is Superior..  (Read 66569 times)

Offline Ya5h Kh4n

• Comodo's Hero
Re: Why CIS Premium is Superior..
« Reply #75 on: January 28, 2013, 06:48:11 AM »
i see it same like you. For me the new CIS in default settings gives not the same protection like the old V5. And u can see the bypasses here in the Forum very often. And in my tests i see it often too. But the most of the users close their eyes for this cause usability is more important for them. I think its dangerous, cause now, the usability means "i close my eyes for all, cause CIS will handle it" ... I am still on the point that u get the best security if u try to understand your security software and how to handle it by yourself.

The only change in default settings in V5 & V6 I know is now in V6 COM & Protected thing alert is automatically allowed/blocked as per the specific situation, in V5 you get popup for COM & Protected thing.
I dont know any invisible/internal changes or m I missing something here.

In my few test I did to compare V5 & V6, the protection was same (FW & D+ with internet security config & without AV & cloud AV). There were no active protection in case of any.

About bypass, do you mean in default settings of V6 few malware bypassed but not in default setting of V5?

In real world scenario, CIS 6 default is excellent specially for average/majority of users.

Experts can always change the settings to their needs.

But I agree with the GUI things. Basic or Advanced GUI, average users never try to change any settings so it doesn't matter to them how the GUI is. And DEVS have confirmed GUI changes will be there in the subsequent versions, I hope the important changes mentioned in the forum here are implemented.
;)Its hard to find the right ones when the wrong ones are so sexy;)

Offline Dch48

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #76 on: January 28, 2013, 05:49:19 PM »
Any GUI can be improved but what might be an improvement to some will be a detriment to others. I think the current UI is fine for average users.
AMD FX-6300 6 core CPU
Sapphire R9-270X GPU
Windows 8.1 64 bit, IE11 & Outlook 2007
Comodo Internet Security 7.0 full package, MBAM on Demand

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #77 on: January 28, 2013, 07:21:35 PM »
The UI needs adaptation for the advanced users and I am very much looking forward to see what changes may come in the future.

There will be compromises as there are two different types of users to cater for.

Offline tsc23

• Comodo's Hero
  • SpR Psychiatrist Institute of Psychiatry
« Reply #78 on: March 13, 2013, 07:51:47 PM »
I hope they leave the current UI with additional skin changes for users who prefer version 5 etc., I really like version 6 - I now have 1095 days left on my license key and cannot wait to see changes Comodo will make to an amazing product
MY PROFILE PICTURE IS THE HUMAN CONNECTOME - IT'S A NETWORK MAP OF A HEALTHY BRAIN, THEREFORE, WE CAN SEE WHAT CHANGES OCCUR IN DISEASE E.G., SCHIZOPHRENIA & ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE. AND YES, SCHIZOPHRENIA IS A DISEASE!

Offline yigido

• Malware Research Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • COMODO Rocks!
    • Free Comodo Products!
« Reply #79 on: September 02, 2015, 10:10:31 AM »
Hi Melih,

I prepare a Turkish subtitle for your video to explain the Comodo to Turkish users.
Do not forget to enable subtitles  ;)
Please see here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D8PUO9n3TQ

Sincerely,
yigido
Firefox Nightly
Encrypt the web! Use HTTPS Everywhere..
Block spying ads and invisible trackers! Use Privacy Badger..

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek