Author Topic: Vivaldi Updates and Snapshots  (Read 40911 times)

Offline yashkhan

• Comodo's Hero
Re: Vivaldi Updates and Snapshots
« Reply #75 on: August 21, 2015, 06:06:28 PM »
https://vivaldi.net/en-US/forum/vivaldi-browser/1518-portable-version

I read the complete 2 pages & what I could gather is during install select advanced setup - standalone install - This is portable install but not truly portable i.e move the install folder & there will be probs with running Vivaldi, etc... as its potable install is kind of tied to the initial standalone install location.

So for portable Vivaldi install on the system choose standalone install & select the install location & after install dont move the install folder... you have Vivaldi portable on the system, right?

Offline Sanya IV Litvyak

• Comodo's Hero
  • Lurking
« Reply #76 on: August 22, 2015, 05:36:53 AM »
yessnooo, if you're asking me then no, I used the 64bit installer.
I support privacy and freedom online - eff.org

Offline yashkhan

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #77 on: August 22, 2015, 06:16:34 AM »
I dont install beta on the system but if a portable version of beta is available then I give a try.

I just want to know if standalone install of Vivaldi as mentioned in my previous post is portable install or not?

Offline Sanya IV Litvyak

• Comodo's Hero
  • Lurking
« Reply #78 on: August 22, 2015, 06:53:35 AM »
I wouldn't know, sorry, never tried their "standalone install"

Offline wasgij6

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #79 on: August 27, 2015, 11:34:35 AM »
Snapshot 1.0.257.3 - Visual tab cycler and better cookie management

Today's snapshot includes our initial version of a visual tab cycler and better cookie management.

https://vivaldi.net/en-US/blogs/teamblog/item/48-snapshot-1-0-257-3-visual-tab-cycler-and-better-cookie-management
| Win 10 Pro (x64) | UAC Disabled | CCAV | Intel i7 4770k | Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo | Asus GeForce GTX 780 | G.Skill TridentX 32gb RAM | Samsung 850 Pro SSD |

Offline wasgij6

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #80 on: August 28, 2015, 12:46:19 PM »
Snapshot 1.0.258.3 - A quick fix for languages and improved tab selection for easier tiling

We wanted to get an extra snapshot out today, to correct the issue with native languages not being used in yesterday's snapshot. But that is not the only improvement; more work has been done on the cookie manager, we fixed an issue with excessive GPU memory usage, fixed an annoying bug with desktop icons refreshing on Windows and tab selection has been greatly improved.

https://vivaldi.net/en-US/blogs/teamblog/item/49-snapshot-1-0-258-3-a-quick-fix-for-languages-and-improved-tab-selection-for-easier-tiling
| Win 10 Pro (x64) | UAC Disabled | CCAV | Intel i7 4770k | Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo | Asus GeForce GTX 780 | G.Skill TridentX 32gb RAM | Samsung 850 Pro SSD |

Offline wasgij6

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #81 on: September 03, 2015, 11:41:28 AM »
Snapshot 1.0.264.3 - Private browsing mode and improved web panels

Today we add in a long requested feature, private browsing. We have also done further work on web panels.

https://vivaldi.net/en-US/blogs/teamblog/item/50-snapshot-1-0-264-3-private-mode-and-improved-web-panels

Offline yashkhan

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #82 on: September 03, 2015, 05:01:41 PM »
When I click "open link in new tab" it automatically switches to the new tab... Is there an option to not automatically switch to the new tab?

Offline LordRayden

• Comodo Loves me
  • mess with the best, die like the rest
« Reply #83 on: September 03, 2015, 05:07:03 PM »
When I click "open link in new tab" it automatically switches to the new tab... Is there an option to not automatically switch to the new tab?

Hi,

I also couldn't find it...
In the old Opera there where two options "open in a new Tab" and "open in a new background Tab"..
Probably it's not implemented yet...

Thanks

LordRayden

Offline Sanya IV Litvyak

• Comodo's Hero
  • Lurking
« Reply #84 on: September 03, 2015, 06:01:25 PM »
Hi,

I also couldn't find it...
In the old Opera there where two options "open in a new Tab" and "open in a new background Tab"..
Probably it's not implemented yet...

Thanks

LordRayden

Right-click the link and click "Open in background tab" ;)

Edit: This was broken until latest version but does work in the latest version, at least for me.

Offline yashkhan

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #85 on: September 03, 2015, 08:06:28 PM »
Right-click the link and click "Open in background tab" ;)

Edit: This was broken until latest version but does work in the latest version, at least for me.

This works fine... but "open in BG tab" is not available on every links.
Thanxx for the info.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 08:11:17 PM by yessnooo »

Offline wasgij6

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #86 on: September 10, 2015, 06:30:30 PM »
Snapshot 1.0.270.16 - settings in a tab and improved progress indicator

Today's snapshot includes the ability to view settings (preferences) in a tab and features a redesigned progress indicator—works better in the dark theme. We have also made yet another improvement in tab switching speed.

https://vivaldi.net/blogs/teamblog/item/51-snapshot-1-0-270-16-settings-in-a-tab-and-improved-progress-indicator

Offline sAyer

• Star Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.
« Reply #87 on: September 12, 2015, 12:01:12 AM »
Ran across this by chance and thought it gave a good overview of the browser. The video is old but nevertheless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EImj_Mt_UQ
"You affect the world by what you browse." - Tim Berners-Lee

"When you change the rules on what controls you - you will change the rules on what you can control.” ― Revolver

Offline wasgij6

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #88 on: September 14, 2015, 01:25:39 PM »
Snapshot 1.0.275.3 - Fixes to Zoom and Rewind

A small update to bring you the latest improvements since Thursday—fixes to Rewind and zooming and further work on the tab cycler.

https://vivaldi.net/blogs/teamblog/item/52-snapshot-1-0-275-3-fixes-to-zoom-and-rewind
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 01:27:28 PM by wasgij6 »

Offline Sanya IV Litvyak

• Comodo's Hero
  • Lurking
« Reply #89 on: September 14, 2015, 01:33:37 PM »
Anyone else noticed that some tabs open completely white even though the page is loaded behind that? For example sometimes if I open a youtube link in another tab with middle-mouse button then the tab will be completely white when I go to it and after that happens nothing in that tab will ever show even if you go to another site completely but if you clone the tab then the clone works..

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek