Author Topic: Vivaldi Updates and Snapshots  (Read 44005 times)

Offline wasgij6

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: Vivaldi Updates and Snapshots
« Reply #60 on: July 18, 2015, 02:30:59 AM »
Ah, to me all "TP*" is the same channel while for example beta is another channel..

Right now there are 2 different channels. Technical previews and snapshots. Snapshots are the weekly builds and TPs are every couple of months and much more stable.
| Win 10 Pro (x64) | UAC Disabled | CCAV | Intel i7 4770k | Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo | Asus GeForce GTX 780 | G.Skill TridentX 32gb RAM | Samsung 850 Pro SSD |

Offline Sanya IV Litvyak

• Comodo's Hero
  • Lurking
« Reply #61 on: July 18, 2015, 02:49:49 AM »
Right now there are 2 different channels. Technical previews and snapshots. Snapshots are the weekly builds and TPs are every couple of months and much more stable.

Ooooh, I that it was like "TP X Snapshot Y"
I support privacy and freedom online - eff.org

Offline wasgij6

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #62 on: July 22, 2015, 12:11:04 PM »
Snapshot 1.0.231.3 - Draggable tab bar, favicons in the address bar and spatial navigation improvements

Today's build includes two nice changes to the tab bar, favicon support in the address bar dropdown, spatial navigation improvements and Windows installer fixes.

It's still holidays here, with quite a few people away enjoying the sun. Nonetheless we have some nice fixes for you.

Tab bar improvements

A lot of you complained that it was impossible to drag the window on the tab bar. We hence spent some time fixing this for you. On the downside this means that middle clicking on the tab bar to open a new tab does not work anymore for now. We will look at finding a way for both of these possibilities to work together again. In the mean time we feel that this is a more sensible default. Another change to the tab bar is that the gap above tabs when the window is maximized can be removed in settings, which enables you to switch tabs more easily by just throwing your mouse all the way to the top. This used to be tied to disabled tab stacking, but we now made those two settings independent, so that it works for everyone!

Address field favicons

In the address bar drop drop down, we have added in favicon support, making it a little easier to locate correct URL, with just a quick glance!

https://vivaldi.net/en-US/blogs/teamblog/item/42-snapshot-1-0-231-3-draggable-tab-bar-favicons-address-spatnav
| Win 10 Pro (x64) | UAC Disabled | CCAV | Intel i7 4770k | Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo | Asus GeForce GTX 780 | G.Skill TridentX 32gb RAM | Samsung 850 Pro SSD |

Offline wasgij6

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2015, 12:48:24 PM »
Snapshot 1.0.233.3 - Reload bypassing cache shortcuts and a visual clue for Rewind

A new week and a new snapshot. We are still a little light on staffing during the holiday period, but we have a few more updates for you nonetheless. Highlights today include shortcuts for reloading the page bypassing cache, better visualization of what “rewind” does and fixes to the URL field selection, Quick Commands and tabs.

https://vivaldi.net/en-US/blogs/teamblog/item/43-snapshot-1-0-233-3-reload-bypassing-cache-shortcuts-and-a-visual-clue-for-rewind

Offline sAyer

• Star Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.
« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2015, 03:59:39 PM »
Quick question it' telling me i need to switch into developer mode to install Adblock. How's that done ? Second are there any behind the scenes settings ? I like the way It looks and feel of it, and the way it renders pages.

Found everything I was looking for and more.  :-X
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 04:15:32 PM by sAyer »
"You affect the world by what you browse." - Tim Berners-Lee

"When you change the rules on what controls you - you will change the rules on what you can control.” ― Revolver

Offline wasgij6

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #65 on: August 18, 2015, 11:44:29 AM »
Finally a new release with the addition of much needed features.

Snapshot 1.0.249.12 - Web Panels, Extension buttons UI, Progress bar info and tab performance improvements.

We have been hard at work over the last couple of weeks, resulting in a snapshot with many nice improvements and bug fixes. We have an initial web panel implementation, we added support for more extensions, our progress animation gets an overhaul and we have a couple of nice performance improvements.

https://vivaldi.net/en-US/blogs/teamblog/item/45-snapshot-1-0-249-12-web-panels-extension-buttons-ui-progress-bar-info-and-tab-performance-improvements

Offline Sanya IV Litvyak

• Comodo's Hero
  • Lurking
« Reply #66 on: August 18, 2015, 12:11:58 PM »
Finally a new release with the addition of much needed features.

https://vivaldi.net/en-US/blogs/teamblog/item/45-snapshot-1-0-249-12-web-panels-extension-buttons-ui-progress-bar-info-and-tab-performance-improvements

Woho! Finally, will be setting it up and seeing if it's usable as my main browser now. :)

Edit: Have it set up now and working "fine" some bugs with the extension buttons UI (no right-click, some doesn't update, some windows not showing for certain extensions, slow windows for extensions etc) but it's working "fine" ... Anyway, it's now my new main web browser, hoping it'll be my new e-mail client soon as well. :)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 01:27:42 PM by Sanya IV Litvyak »

Offline wasgij6

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #67 on: August 18, 2015, 02:25:27 PM »
I saw of their blog that there is a known bug with extension bar buttons, when the user clicks on them the UI disappears immediately. I'm really looking forward to seeing how Vivaldi evolves and how stable it is after the beta stage. They are still in alpha so they are still adding features. They haven't done optimization.

Offline Sanya IV Litvyak

• Comodo's Hero
  • Lurking
« Reply #68 on: August 18, 2015, 02:26:26 PM »
They haven't done optimization.

That part I've realized is very noticeable. ;)

Offline wasgij6

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #69 on: August 18, 2015, 02:27:55 PM »
That part I've realized is very noticeable. ;)

Me too but there is no point in optimizing code that is very likely to change.

Offline Sanya IV Litvyak

• Comodo's Hero
  • Lurking
« Reply #70 on: August 18, 2015, 04:04:47 PM »
Do you know if you can set it up to open bookmarks in the same tab instead of a new tab?

Edit: From the bookmarks bar I mean, not the panel.
Edit 2: I'm just going to get used to the panel instead. :P
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 04:08:12 PM by Sanya IV Litvyak »

Offline wasgij6

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #71 on: August 18, 2015, 04:42:45 PM »
Do you know if you can set it up to open bookmarks in the same tab instead of a new tab?

I haven't had a chance to use it yet. I'm at work. I'll mess with it later today

Offline Sanya IV Litvyak

• Comodo's Hero
  • Lurking
« Reply #72 on: August 18, 2015, 05:27:32 PM »
I found someone on the vivaldi forum found a way to get to the chromium privacy settings and such, go to vivaldi://chrome/settings/search#a ;) Allows you to disable things like prediction service and prefetch... or enable them.. for whatever reason..

Edit: One annoying issue I've found is that when copying text from the UI, it will copy from whatever you last highlighted in Bookmarks... So whatever you do, do NOT use CTRL+X ... that effectively removed ALL my bookmarks.. :-\ This largely makes notes useless. I've also noticed that web panels doesn't get "focus" so if you click a link, you can't go back because if you click back it will go back on the main site, not the web panel, even if web panel is the one being used at that moment.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 10:23:53 AM by Sanya IV Litvyak »

Offline wasgij6

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #73 on: August 21, 2015, 01:06:49 PM »
Snapshot 1.0.252.3 - Typed history dropdown, more polish on Web-panels and Extensions… and smooth scrolling

Since we made you wait a little for the last snapshot, we decided to throw out a update a bit quicker this time. Fixes to extensions, vertical tabs and Quick Commands, web panel improvements, a prettier preferences page and typed history.

We decided to give you this extra build for the weekend because we quickly fixed some of most annoying bugs that prevented a few of you from wanting to upgrade (issues with extensions failing to run and tab problems in vertical layout and Quick Commands). However, we also had time to throw in a nifty new feature and polish things up a bit!

https://vivaldi.net/en-US/blogs/teamblog/item/47-snapshot-1-0-252-3-typed-history-dropdown-more-polish-on-web-panels-extensions

Offline wasgij6

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #74 on: August 21, 2015, 01:13:15 PM »

Looks like this bug is fixed in the latest build

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek