Author Topic: Vivaldi Updates and Snapshots  (Read 39875 times)

Offline wasgij6

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: Vivaldi Updates and Snapshots
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2015, 11:53:23 AM »
Snapshot 1.0.209.3 More visual improvements and better mouse support

In the previous snapshot we introduced the option for a more classic looking (gray) UI. Following your helpful feedback we have tweaked and further improved this theme. As promised, we have also introduced a new option for a darker theme. To make it easier to work with keyboard shortcuts, we have added a new "cheat sheet" for keyboard shortcuts and updated our settings window. In addition, we added initial support for mouse scroll wheel tab switching and for Linux users, forward/backward mouse key support.

https://vivaldi.net/en-US/blogs/teamblog/item/34-snapshot-1-0-209-3-visual-improvements-scroll-wheel-tab-switching
| Win 10 Pro (x64) | UAC Disabled | CCAV | Intel i7 4770k | Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo | Asus GeForce GTX 780 | G.Skill TridentX 32gb RAM | Samsung 850 Pro SSD |

Offline wasgij6

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2015, 05:37:41 PM »
Snapshot 1.0.212 - On our way to TP4

Hey everybody,

While I am typically the guy with the bad news about snapshot delays, I have the honor of providing you all with the newest one today (on time. Yay! well, almost ). ;)

This snapshot includes a new feature enhancement to our popular mouse gestures (more on that below) and a lot of fixes for the most frequently reported bugs from the last snapshot such as a blank extension page, issues related to mouse gestures and tab switching, the broken search box and various UI issues.

Other than that, you can now finally install Adblock Plus if this is the ad blocker of your choice. It should no longer crash Vivaldi.

https://vivaldi.net/en-US/blogs/teamblog/item/35-snapshot-1-0-212-on-our-way-to-tp4
| Win 10 Pro (x64) | UAC Disabled | CCAV | Intel i7 4770k | Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo | Asus GeForce GTX 780 | G.Skill TridentX 32gb RAM | Samsung 850 Pro SSD |

Offline wasgij6

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2015, 12:05:53 PM »
Snapshot 1.0.219.3 - A cleaner Speed Dial and lots of fixes

Before we dive right into some of the changes made in this week’s snapshot build, we thought we would spend a little bit time explaining our plan going forward.

As our development continues on toward beta, we have added quite a few new features and made some significant changes to our products over the last two months, since TP3.

Because many people around the world download Vivaldi browser TP3, a build available for public download from vivaldi.com, we thought it would be a good idea to release the another newer Technical preview based on the current snapshot code.

As preparation for TP4, this snapshot focuses on mainly bug fixes, but sneaked in a few more customization options on Speed Dial!

https://vivaldi.net/en-US/blogs/teamblog/item/36-vivaldi-browser-snapshot-1-0-219-3-clean-speed-dial

Offline wasgij6

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2015, 01:00:26 PM »
Snapshot 1.0.219.34 - TP4 is just around the corner

We have done a lot of work on bug fixing this last week, with fixes for double rendering, the dark theme, UI zoom, keyboard shortcuts, history, gestures, Speed Dial and more!

Having spent the last few days killing many annoying issues, we are now really close to an updated technical preview. We hope to have a few more fixes but we think we are almost there. How is this build feeling for you? Are you aware of any major regressions since TP3? What do you think are the biggest outstanding issues with the newly introduced features?

https://vivaldi.net/en-US/blogs/teamblog/item/37-snapshot-1-0-219-34-tp4-is-just-around-the-corner

Offline wasgij6

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2015, 02:53:47 AM »
Snapshot 1.0.219.43 - Translation updates before TP4

We are even closer to TP4 now. This build includes a few more translation updates and some small tweaks for a better experience.

You gave us a lot of great feedback in the last snapshot. If you don't see it reflected in the changelog below, don't worry! We hope to incorporate much of it in a future (post TP4) snapshot.

https://vivaldi.net/en-US/blogs/teamblog/item/38-snapshot-1-0-219-43-translation-updates

Offline wasgij6

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2015, 12:56:13 PM »
Snapshot 1.0.219.51 - Crash fix before TP4

We are really close to TP status now. Before that happens we updated the translations some more and fixed an issue with Disqus.

The Disqus commenting system uses a popup window, which they immediately close after successful login. Unfortunately, this left our password saving dialog—which appears just after the close of the window—associated with nothing. We now close the password dialog with the window that spawned it. Unfortunately this fix has the downside of giving you no time to interact with it. Until Disqus fix this issue—this also affects the password managers of other browsers—you can login via their website to save the password into Vivaldi's password manager.

https://vivaldi.net/en-US/blogs/teamblog/item/39-snapshot-1-0-219-51-crash-fix-before-tp4

Offline Sanya IV Litvyak

• Comodo's Hero
  • Lurking
« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2015, 12:59:42 PM »
"Final" Beta release may not be far away now, I asked them on twitter and they plan on TP4 being the last TP but of course that's just the plan and they'll make as many TPs as are needed. :)

To clarify, by TP4 I mean all updates contained within TP4 and not simply the first build. ;)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 01:41:09 PM by Sanya IV Litvyak »
I support privacy and freedom online - eff.org

Offline wasgij6

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2015, 01:27:10 PM »
Isnt the next stage beta and RC? i think we are still a while away from final.

Offline Sanya IV Litvyak

• Comodo's Hero
  • Lurking
« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2015, 01:40:45 PM »
Isnt the next stage beta and RC? i think we are still a while away from final.

You're right, I misread their response, not to final but to beta. =)

Also, I am no longer able to install extensions through chrome web store... again...

Offline wasgij6

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2015, 01:46:21 PM »
Weird.. Its still working for me in the latest build.

Offline Sanya IV Litvyak

• Comodo's Hero
  • Lurking
« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2015, 08:01:52 PM »
Weird.. Its still working for me in the latest build.

Realized I hadn't updated to 1.0.219.51 but was still on Snapshot 1.0.219.34, with .34 it said "Available on Chrome" on the button and in .51 it now says "Add to Chrome" ... this feature is very in and out apparently. :P

Offline Sanya IV Litvyak

• Comodo's Hero
  • Lurking
« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2015, 08:19:08 AM »
Vivaldi browser Technical Preview 4 is here!

Hi everyone,

It has been a little over two months since we launched our last Technical Preview. After 7 weekly snapshots, lots of bug fixing and 4 weeks of the entire team working together in Magnolia, today, we are releasing the Vivaldi web browser Technical Preview 4!

Vivaldi TP4 comes with lots of bug fixes, functional improvements, and some cool new features.

It is a significant update to TP3. We’re heading into the right direction and coming closer to delivering that different web browser experience that you and millions of others want.

https://vivaldi.net/en-US/blogs/teamblog/item/40-vivaldi-browser-technical-preview4-is-here

(For some reason TP4 is version 1.0.219.50 while the build before is 1.0.219.51.... because logic.)

Offline wasgij6

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #57 on: July 16, 2015, 10:42:42 PM »
https://vivaldi.net/en-US/blogs/teamblog/item/40-vivaldi-browser-technical-preview4-is-here

(For some reason TP4 is version 1.0.219.50 while the build before is 1.0.219.51.... because logic.)

This is from one of the devs on their blog.

It's different distribution channels. They are actually identical apart from that. ;)

Offline Sanya IV Litvyak

• Comodo's Hero
  • Lurking
« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2015, 03:36:48 AM »
This is from one of the devs on their blog.

Ah, to me all "TP*" is the same channel while for example beta is another channel..

Offline wasgij6

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2015, 12:56:25 PM »
Snapshot 1.0.228.3 - With Chromeless UI

Following the release of TP4 we are back to adding new features. Today we have a particularly interesting one for those that want to make better use of your screen real estate. We have a new mode with no user interface at all! Use Ctrl+F11 or ⌘F11 (on a Mac) to try it out. We also we have a bunch more bug fixes!

As you know, we have worked hard to optimise Vivaldi with mouse gestures and keyboard navigation (lots of editable keyboard shortcuts, quick commands, etc.). Some power users may now find that they rarely need the UI any more and would prefer gain more space for the sites they are viewing. It can also be handy for others to switch into this mode when you want to avoid distractions and focus on one page, e.g. working with webmail, editing documents online or playing music and videos.

https://vivaldi.net/en-US/blogs/teamblog/item/41-snapshot-1-0-228-3-with-chromeless-ui

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek