Author Topic: Vivaldi Updates and Snapshots  (Read 72545 times)

Offline Sanya IV Litvyak

• Comodo's Hero
  • Lurking
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 10:28:45 AM by Sanya IV Litvyak »
I support privacy and freedom online - eff.org

Offline wasgij6

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: Vivaldi Updates and Snapshots
« Reply #106 on: October 22, 2015, 11:41:03 AM »
Looks like they compiled a new build for x64

Offline wasgij6

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #107 on: October 22, 2015, 11:23:03 PM »
Snapshot 1.0.303.23 - Tab and Thumbnail improvements

It has been a day since the latest snapshot, so we thought you might like another one! Today's update features a much needed rewrite of much of our tab drag and drop code. In addition, we have also taken another step towards more reliably displaying thumbnails in Bookmarks and Speed Dials.

https://vivaldi.net/en-US/teamblog/60-snapshot-1-0-303-23-tab-and-thumbnail-improvements

Offline wasgij6

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #108 on: October 23, 2015, 12:57:03 PM »
Snapshot 1.0.303.27 - Further tab fixes and search field improvements

Time for another snapshot. Today we clean up the known tab issues from yesterday's snapshot and bring some polish to the search field.

https://vivaldi.net/en-US/teamblog/61-snapshot-1-0-303-27-further-tab-fixes-and-search-field-improvements

Offline wasgij6

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #109 on: October 25, 2015, 12:39:55 PM »
Snapshot 1.0.303.32 - Beta Candidate

We are very close to moving on to the next quality level. Today's snapshot is not technically a beta but… we are very close!

https://vivaldi.net/en-US/teamblog/62-snapshot-1-0-303-32-beta-candidate

Offline wasgij6

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #110 on: October 28, 2015, 01:23:19 PM »
Snapshot 1.0.303.37 - Beta Candidate with Thumbnail improvements

Hey people!  Some might recognize my name from a certain other browser company, where I worked as a developer on the desktop browser for more than 10 years.

As you know, we are closing in on a beta and today we have some more fixes and improvements for you.

https://vivaldi.net/en-US/teamblog/63-snapshot-1-0-303-37-beta-candidate-with-thumbnail-improvements

Offline wasgij6

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #111 on: October 29, 2015, 10:51:44 PM »
Snapshot 1.0.303.40 - Beta Candidate with tab and import improvements

We have another beta candidate with tab fixes and support for more import options.

https://vivaldi.net/en-US/teamblog/64-snapshot-1-0-303-40-beta-candidate-with-tab-and-import-improvements

Offline wasgij6

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #112 on: October 30, 2015, 11:25:40 AM »
Snapshot 1.0.303.48 - Beta Candidate fixing tabs unstacking on restart

Hey,we couldn't let the weekend start without just one more build! We fixed a nasty issue a couple of you noticed where tabs broke out of a tab-stack after restart. There was also a crash that happened after generating a thumbnail for a note that we fixed. Happy bug-hunting and have a Halloweenish weekend!

https://vivaldi.net/en-US/teamblog/65-snapshot-1-0-303-48-beta-candidate-fixing-tabs-unstacking-on-restart

Offline wasgij6

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #113 on: November 03, 2015, 02:39:30 AM »
Vivaldi launches its first beta

Hi everyone,

We are very excited to announce that Vivaldi Beta is released for download today. With the first technical preview launch back in January this year, we set out to develop a web browser that was fast, powerful and customizable, for power users around the world.

Feature additions since the first technology preview

TP1 (released on 27.01.2015):
  • Tab stacking
  • Notes
  • Speed Dial
  • Bookmarks manager
  • Downloads manager
  • Quick commands
  • Mouse gestures
  • Page actions
  • Sidebar
  • Colored tabs
  • Visual tabs
  • Recently closed tabs
  • Shortcuts

TP2 (released on 05.03.2015):
  • Bookmarks bar
  • On-demand image loading
  • Fast/Forward
  • Spatial navigation

TP3 (release on 28.04.2015):
  • Tab Stack Tiling
  • Unseen page marker
  • Native window
  • Autoupdate
  • Personal data importing
  • Plug-ins on demand
  • Background tabs loading indicator

TP4 (release on 16.07.2015):
  • Startup options
  • Color schemes
  • UI zoom
  • HiDPI support
  • Pinned tabs
  • Task manager

Beta 1 (released on 03.11.2015):
  • Web-panels
  • Chromeless UI
  • Tabs visual navigation
  • Private window
  • Page loading progress indicator
  • Typed history list
  • Smooth scrolling
  • Geolocation support
  • HTML5 h.264 support
  • Full Extensions support

https://vivaldi.net/en-US/teamblog/66-the-first-vivaldi-beta

Offline wasgij6

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #114 on: November 10, 2015, 12:47:19 PM »
Snapshot 1.0.321.3 - Tab closing improvements and extension fixes

This is our first snapshot since the beta and we have fixed almost 50 bugs and made further improvements with tab behaviour. Two key fixes that we know some of you were waiting for are: backspace once again navigates in history and several more popular extensions are now working correctly.

https://vivaldi.net/en-US/teamblog/67-snapshot-1-0-321-3-tab-closing-improvements-and-extension-fixes

Offline wasgij6

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #115 on: November 19, 2015, 12:23:36 PM »
Snapshot 1.0.330.3 - Trash folder for bookmarks and notes, plus panel hiding

Today's snapshot adds a trash folder to bookmarks and notes, and added the ability to show which panels to display. We also fixed a handful of long-standing bugs, some highlights being adding the missing Up (stop loading) mouse gesture and giving you the chance to clear your closed tabs list. We also upgraded Chromium to 47.

https://vivaldi.net/en-US/teamblog/68-snapshot-1-0-330-3-bookmarks-trash-folder-and-panel-hiding

Offline sAyer

• Star Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.
« Reply #116 on: November 19, 2015, 01:20:21 PM »
Well I took the leap and have made Vivaldi my secondary browser. I first installed the experimental x64 but replaced it with x86 because the former seems sluggish and somewhat buggy on certain pages. I really like this browser and it's awesome to just be in the beta stage. The HTML5 h.264 support and Full Extensions support are major points in my opinion. I always wanted a secondary browser under Firefox but all the others came up short or undesirable to me for one reason or another. Vivaldi fits the bill.  :)

Now all that remains is to get under the hood and disable undesirable features to me such as Geolocation and others. Thanks for creating this topic and giving me interest in the browser wasgij6. It's a keeper.

Edit : does anyone know if there is a way into advanced settings like in Chrome or about:config settings controls within Firefox. I googled for it but found no direct answer. I Also tried Vivaldi:config and came up with this message. Maybe the settings will be available in a later build.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 01:51:34 PM by sAyer »
"You affect the world by what you browse." - Tim Berners-Lee

"When you change the rules on what controls you - you will change the rules on what you can control.” ― Revolver

Offline Sanya IV Litvyak

• Comodo's Hero
  • Lurking
« Reply #117 on: November 19, 2015, 01:48:16 PM »
Well I took the leap and have made Vivaldi my secondary browser. I first installed the experimental x64 but replaced it with x86 because the former seems sluggish and somewhat buggy on certain pages. I really like this browser and it's awesome to just be in the beta stage. The HTML5 h.264 support and Full Extensions support are major points in my opinion. I always wanted a secondary browser under Firefox but all the others came up short or undesirable to me for one reason or another. Vivaldi fits the bill.  :)

Now all that remains is to get under the hood and disable undesirable features to me such as Geolocation and others. Thanks for creating this topic and giving me interest in the browser wasgij6. It's a keeper.

Edit : does anyone know if there is a way into advanced settings like in Chrome or about:config settings controls within Firefox. I googled for it but found no direct answer. I Also tried Vivaldi:config and came up with this message. Maybe the settings will be available in a later build.

Try chrome://settings/content and vivaldi://chrome/settings/search#a
I support privacy and freedom online - eff.org

Offline wasgij6

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #118 on: November 19, 2015, 01:50:13 PM »
Its a great browser and with time its only going to get better. Im glad that i help you find it  :-TU

Idk what kind of settings you are looking for but if you type vivaldi://<some command> you will get many different options. Here are the different commands that you can access in place of <some command>

http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/how-access-advanced-settings-and-information-your-chrome-or-firefox-browser.htm

Offline sAyer

• Star Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.
« Reply #119 on: November 19, 2015, 01:56:14 PM »
Thanks Sanya IV and wasgij6 exactly what i was looking for.  :)
"You affect the world by what you browse." - Tim Berners-Lee

"When you change the rules on what controls you - you will change the rules on what you can control.” ― Revolver

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek