Author Topic: Vivaldi Updates and Snapshots  (Read 19110 times)

Offline wasgij6

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: Vivaldi Updates and Snapshots
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2015, 01:13:21 PM »
Snapshot 1.0.178.2 with more settings

Hey

Following up on the new startup option dialogue, we’ve added more options this week. You can now define a list of pages to start with.

We have also added an option to disable single-key shortcuts. Paste and go (Ctrl+Shift+V) now also works when you have focus on the document, not just when address field is focused.

The settings window should now also start faster after a small tweak.

https://vivaldi.net/en-US/blogs/teamblog/item/30-snapshot-1-0-178-2-with-more-settings
| Win 10 Pro (x64) | UAC Disabled | CCAV | Intel i7 4770k | Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo | Asus GeForce GTX 780 | G.Skill TridentX 32gb RAM | Samsung 850 Pro SSD |

Offline Sanya IV Litvyak

• Comodo's Hero
  • Lurking
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2015, 01:15:51 PM »
https://vivaldi.net/en-US/blogs/teamblog/item/30-snapshot-1-0-178-2-with-more-settings

Just need extensions UI and I'm good to switch... :-\ Wish they'd prioritize that specific feature ^-^''
I support privacy and freedom online - eff.org

Offline wasgij6

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2015, 02:50:23 PM »
Just need extensions UI and I'm good to switch... :-\ Wish they'd prioritize that specific feature ^-^''

you and me both.
| Win 10 Pro (x64) | UAC Disabled | CCAV | Intel i7 4770k | Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo | Asus GeForce GTX 780 | G.Skill TridentX 32gb RAM | Samsung 850 Pro SSD |

Offline wasgij6

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2015, 01:12:18 PM »
Snapshot 1.0.190.2 Startpage customization, UI zooming, auto-update on mac and more

Hi there,
Vivaldi is to be a very (dare I say the most) customizable browser, and a big part of that will be our UI. With this snapshot you will be able to change the Startpage background image, or pick a solid color. You can also choose if you want light or dark foreground elements, to better match your new background. Some truly creative uses are possible, and people have been seen sporting animated backgrounds for their Startpage in the Oslo office.

Another new feature is the ability to scale the UI. This will resize the Vivaldi user interface without touching web pages themselves. Hand-in-hand with this we are also converting our UI to use SVG icons. This means that icons will be as crisp as possible in any size. We already support HiDPI, but once this work is completed we will handle the in-between states much better.
All these new shiny things are available in the Appearance part of Settings. Go check them out!

If you are on mac you will also note we have a new entry in the Vivaldi menu called "Check for updates".

https://vivaldi.net/en-US/blogs/teamblog/item/31-snapshot-1-0-190-2-startpage-customization-ui-zooming-auto-update-on-mac-and-more

Offline wasgij6

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2015, 03:06:02 PM »
Snapshot 1.0.196.2 Spatial navigation improvement, Mac build fixes, Windows 64bits get auto-update

Anyway, highlights for this week's weekly build are  has some nice little fixes. We made some improvement in Spatial navigation. All the shortcuts are hooked into regular keyboard shortcut settings. Go to URL is now integrated into Quick command. And, the bug that has been bothering Mac users for quite some time now, Command + T opens two tabs, has been fixed! There are some more work left for Paste and Go, but it's in the context menu. For those of you running Windows 64bits build, we have now enabled auto update for you too! Let us know how it's working for you.

https://vivaldi.net/en-US/blogs/teamblog/item/32-weekly-build-spatial-navigation-improvement-mac-build-fixes-windows-64bits-get-auto-update

Offline Ya5h Kh4n

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2015, 03:11:53 PM »
I am waiting for Vivaldi final release.
Seems going to be an excellent browser.
;)Its hard to find the right ones when the wrong ones are so sexy;)

Offline wasgij6

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2015, 12:57:40 PM »
Snapshot 1.0.201.2 Improvements to Search Engine Management, Spatial Navigation, Gray look and the foundations for customisable mouse gestures

The highlights today are improvements to search engine management, spatial navigation, an alternative UI look and work in progress towards customisable mouse gestures. In addition, there are a number of nice, requested fixes (see the changelog below for details).

https://vivaldi.net/en-US/blogs/teamblog/item/33-snapshot-1-0-201-2-search-engines-spatial-navigation-gray-look-customisable-mouse-gestures

Offline wasgij6

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2015, 01:06:57 PM »
What would be cool is if the whole UI changed color according to the dominant colors of the website you're on... That would be cool, if they could make the whole UI feel like an extension of the website... Iunno, perhaps that wouldn't work, I just think it'd be a cool idea.

This is now how color active tabs works in the latest build

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Sanya IV Litvyak

• Comodo's Hero
  • Lurking
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2015, 01:46:00 PM »
This is now how color active tabs works in the latest build

Can't replicate?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline wasgij6

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2015, 01:52:57 PM »
Did you update to the latest build? 1.0.201.2

Offline Sanya IV Litvyak

• Comodo's Hero
  • Lurking
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2015, 02:03:54 PM »
Did you update to the latest build? 1.0.201.2

Yup

Offline wasgij6

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2015, 02:09:56 PM »
Yup

Idk.. have you tried restarting the browser. Maybe try reinstalling

Offline Sanya IV Litvyak

• Comodo's Hero
  • Lurking
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2015, 02:11:18 PM »
Idk.. have you tried restarting the browser. Maybe try reinstalling

I have tried restarting as well as restarting the computer, however I'm using the 64bit version which is supposedly "experimental".

Offline wasgij6

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2015, 02:24:54 PM »
I have tried restarting as well as restarting the computer, however I'm using the 64bit version which is supposedly "experimental".

interesting. thats the build im using as well.

Offline fungus303

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2015, 09:33:56 AM »
Any news on extension icon?

Cant see any icon at all...

Using slimjet x64 beacuse of the webrtc and canavas fingerprinting security option.
win 10 x64 enterprise - i5 quad core - 16gb ram - ssd 120gb - amd r9 280 3gb

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek