Author Topic: Vivaldi Updates and Snapshots  (Read 19824 times)

Offline Sanya IV Litvyak

• Comodo's Hero
  • Lurking
Re: Vivaldi Updates and Snapshots
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2015, 12:40:46 PM »
Thats already an option

I meant the whole UI ;)

Edit: And more seamless, for example instead of a solid color it would take the top colors of the site and take them up into the tab but a little diffused or something, so lets say the top of the site is rainbow colors, then the UI is rainbow colorish but diffused... Don't know if I'm using that word correctly though.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 12:44:19 PM by Sanya IV Litvyak »
I support privacy and freedom online - eff.org

Offline wasgij6

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2015, 12:42:55 PM »
I meant the whole UI ;)

that would be a cool option
| Win 10 Pro (x64) | UAC Disabled | CCAV | Intel i7 4770k | Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo | Asus GeForce GTX 780 | G.Skill TridentX 32gb RAM | Samsung 850 Pro SSD |

Offline Sanya IV Litvyak

• Comodo's Hero
  • Lurking
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2015, 12:50:33 PM »
Checking it through, I think that extensions UI is literally the only thing stopping me from switching to Vivaldi as my main browser. It would be nice with an option to close the browser when you close the last tab though, since I use that a lot..

Offline wasgij6

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2015, 01:05:00 PM »
Checking it through, I think that extensions UI is literally the only thing stopping me from switching to Vivaldi as my main browser. It would be nice with an option to close the browser when you close the last tab though, since I use that a lot..

i like it the way it is. i often close my last tab to get to my speed dial/bookmarks screen. They should make an option for it.
| Win 10 Pro (x64) | UAC Disabled | CCAV | Intel i7 4770k | Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo | Asus GeForce GTX 780 | G.Skill TridentX 32gb RAM | Samsung 850 Pro SSD |

Offline Sanya IV Litvyak

• Comodo's Hero
  • Lurking
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2015, 02:16:49 PM »
i like it the way it is. i often close my last tab to get to my speed dial/bookmarks screen. They should make an option for it.

If I want to get to the speed dial then I open a new tab and close the "last" tab... I've gotten so used to it that I don't even think about it anymore, indeed it should be an option, probably off by default.

Offline sysfu

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2015, 09:53:14 PM »
Wait, how did you add from chrome web store? I don't get the button to add in Vivaldi..

I had to use the LastPass for Chrome (No Binary Features) link from the lastpass for Windows download page.

Offline wasgij6

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2015, 02:28:37 PM »
Snapshot (1.0.151.7) Updated tiling and tons of polish

Hey all,

Things have been very busy after a few days of Easter vacation. We are getting close to another TP and we are spending a lot of time on bugs and polish.

We have made some adjustments to Tab Stack Tiling, you now have a Tile icon in the status bar so you can tile Tab Stacks and selected tabs from there.

We have also added an “unread” tab indicator for background tabs.

Keyboard shortcuts continue to get attention and we have fixed a couple of annoying bugs there, for example the bug where shortcuts wouldn‘t work on error pages. Also Vivaldi will not send you back in history when you use CTRL + left arrow in text fields now.

Download and Changelog:
https://vivaldi.net/en-US/blogs/teamblog/item/22-snapshot-1-0-151-7-updated-tiling-and-tons-of-polish
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 04:05:11 AM by wasgij6 »

Offline wasgij6

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2015, 01:04:27 PM »
Snapshot (1.0.156.2): Feature polish and tons of bug fixes

As each day passes, we close in on the next TP. We are spending lots of time fixing as many issues as possible to make the TP3 as good as it can be. We hope you are as excited as we are. 

To mention some of the most important changes and fixes, we fixed several issues related to installer/autoupdates. It should no longer cause any of the update/uninstall issues seen in the previous snapshot build.

Keyboard shortcuts received several new fixes. It now has the ability to restore/delete them in an easier fashion.

Download and Changelog:
https://vivaldi.net/en-US/blogs/teamblog/item/24-snapshot-1-0-156-2-feature-polish-and-tons-of-bug-fixes
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 04:05:21 AM by wasgij6 »

Offline sAyer

• Star Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2015, 03:13:06 PM »
Never used a Chromium based browser because I'm a Firefox loyalist, but I will try this one.

http://techcrunch.com/2015/03/08/vivaldi-chrome-alternative-tech-preview-2/
"You affect the world by what you browse." - Tim Berners-Lee

"When you change the rules on what controls you - you will change the rules on what you can control.” ― Revolver

Offline wasgij6

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2015, 11:36:22 AM »
Never used a Chromium based browser because I'm a Firefox loyalist, but I will try this one.

http://techcrunch.com/2015/03/08/vivaldi-chrome-alternative-tech-preview-2/

It's the best and most feature rich one IMO

Offline wasgij6

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2015, 12:56:06 PM »
Snapshot (1.0.161.2) more bugfixing

This week has been a bit emotional for some of us as we learned that the company many of us worked for before, Opera, dismantled it´s Oslo desktop team and fired some 70 employees around the world.
As you can imagine, this is a major move for the company as this is where it all started, with the desktop browser in Oslo.

Many of our good friends around the globe lost their jobs. Our thoughts are with them all.
Clearly this makes our task even more important and we will continue to work hard making the best browser available for you, our friends.

In this build we have fixes mouse gestures for mac and linux.
You can now also enable native native windows decoration, something that has been frequently requested by our linux users.
We also added unread page indicator in tab-stacks
Several people has also complained that the context-menu is positioned wrong when you are on linux with more than one screen or while on HIDPI screens. This is now also fixed.

Download and Changelog:
https://vivaldi.net/en-US/blogs/teamblog/item/25-snapshot-1-0-161-1-more-bugfixing

Offline JoWa

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • I believe in doubt.
    • Evolutionary history of life
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2015, 01:57:05 PM »
You can now also enable native windows decoration, something that has been frequently requested by our linux users.
Better. Much easier to grab the window now.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Ubuntu 17.04, 64-bit | Chrome 61β | HTTPS Everywhere | Privacy Badger
Forum Policy | Comodo Product Help

Offline wasgij6

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2015, 12:30:44 AM »
Snapshot (1.0.162.2) TP3 candidate

Hi, we've reached the point where we have a release candidate for the TP3, so we are launching another snapshot today in preparation for that.

Because of the hard work and testing from you, the users, and our internal testers, we have been able to find and fix some of the bigger issues at such a fast pace that we wanted to continue fixing these, so that we now have a more stable Technical Preview.

Download and Changelog:
https://vivaldi.net/en-US/blogs/teamblog/item/26-snapshot-1-0-162-2-tp3-candidate

Offline wasgij6

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2015, 05:16:57 PM »
Snapshot 1.0.167.2. Better keyboard-shortcut editing and user statistics

Last week was busy with TP3 launch. We are happy to see we have gotten one step closer to Beta :)

We are starting a new week with another snapshot. This week, we have polished keyboard shortcut settings.

It’s now easier to change shortcuts and you can have more than one shortcuts per action.

To be able to serve you, our users and friends, in the best possible way, we need to know a little about you.

We need to know how many you are, what HW/OS you have and where in the world and which language you use. This helps us make the right priorities on our resources.

Starting with this build, Vivaldi will connect with our servers for this purpose only once per day. We do not collect any usage data.

This is only for us to have a general feel about our overall user base.

Download and Changelog:
https://vivaldi.net/en-US/blogs/teamblog/item/28-snapshot-1-0-167-2-better-keyboard-shortcut-editing-and-user-statistics

Offline wasgij6

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2015, 02:25:19 PM »
Snapshot 1.0.174.8-1 Startup settings and tab-switching performance

Hey,

One of the popular requests we have focused a bit on in this build is Startup settings. You now have 3 options for startup: Continue from last time, start with Homepage and start with Speed Dial. More option will be added later in coming builds.

Another activity that is going on speed optimization. We are rewriting some code to optimize UI performance. Tabs have gotten some attention this week.

Switching between tabs should be faster in some cases. Please look out for bugs here as this is still work in progress.

https://vivaldi.net/en-US/blogs/teamblog/item/29-snapshot-1-0-174-8-1-startup-settings-and-tab-switching-performance

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek