Author Topic: password manager  (Read 375 times)

Offline stuartm

• Comodo's Hero
password manager
« on: March 03, 2021, 04:36:57 PM »
Hi Just wondering if anyone has used keepassxc or any other offline manager? I did use masterpassword+ and secure login addons on waterfox but these are no longer updated. Recommendations greatly appreciated. Cheers

Offline sAyer

• Star Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.
Re: password manager
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2021, 01:32:48 AM »
A few good offline managers here  https://www.snapfiles.com/freeware/security/fwpass.html

Here is a giveaway version of Password Depot 12. You have to grant it internet access to unlock it but then you can block it after that. It has the option to integrate with browsers or not. Under options disable check for updates. The current version is 15 but this version is rock solid. If you want to give it a try.

https://mega.nz/file/GP5VUQQR#qVotV2XRBe3mTSrg9hFPLWwfV5I-OAJQE15kGS0cICc
"You affect the world by what you browse." - Tim Berners-Lee

"When you change the rules on what controls you - you will change the rules on what you can control.” ― Revolver

Offline domo78

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2021, 02:21:05 AM »
Hi Just wondering if anyone has used keepassxc or any other offline manager? I did use masterpassword+ and secure login addons on waterfox but these are no longer updated. Recommendations greatly appreciated. Cheers

Hello,

I have used KeePass for several years.

It's a simple tool to use; I certainly don't use all of its features.
For what I need it does the job.

Offline CISfan

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2021, 02:51:33 AM »
I haven't used any of those before.

Won't a pen and paper do?

Offline sAyer

• Star Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2021, 03:09:25 AM »
Hello,

I have used KeePass for several years.

It's a simple tool to use; I certainly don't use all of its features.
For what I need it does the job.

Think the OP was talking about  https://keepassxc.org/  not the original KeePass. I like the KeePassXC UI but not truly offline. It has to download those shiny icons to match the site if you check the screenshots or block it and assign your own ? Freeware wise KeePass is still the king especially with the "enter master key on secure desktop" option enabled. I think KeePassXC lacks that option ?

I haven't used any of those before.

Won't a pen and paper do?

Depends on where you keep the paper !  :)
"You affect the world by what you browse." - Tim Berners-Lee

"When you change the rules on what controls you - you will change the rules on what you can control.” ― Revolver

Offline Huntokar

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2021, 03:13:07 AM »
I use KeePass the same as domo78, but can be quite restrictive or awkward to set up as the plugins used to enable it to do extra things - like browser add-ons - are developed by third parties and so you have to be trusting of the developer or they may not support or develop for very long.

I have not tried Keepassxc, but I'm currently testing BitWarden https://bitwarden.com/ as is very similar to LastPass in ease of use and states

Enterprise-Grade Security and Compliance

Protect your online data using a password manager you can trust. Bitwarden conducts regular third-party security audits and is compliant with Privacy Shield, HIPAA, GDPR, CCPA, SOC2 and SOC3 security standards.

Pricing is free for individuals across all types of supported devices, unlike LastPass that is now only free on either PC or mobile, has to be a paid plan to use on both.

[at]CISFan
Pen and paper are fine  :-TU so long as you keep a carbon copy off site for disaster recovery incase you spill your coffee on the original  :D
« Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 03:16:08 AM by Huntokar »
Desktop:- Windows 10 64bit Pro ¦¦ CIS 12.2.2.7098 ¦¦ CBU 4.4.1.23 ¦¦ Itarian        Laptop:- Windows 10 64bit Home ¦¦ CIS 12.2.2.7098 ¦¦ CBU 4.4.1.23 ¦¦ Itarian      Tablet:- ACER W4-820:- Windows 10 32bit Home ¦¦ CIS 12.2.2.7098

Offline CISfan

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2021, 05:46:22 AM »
Yeah, I must quit putting my mug on that paper and find another way to hide it.
In case of coffee disaster recovery I dig the carbon copy out the backyard if those damn squirrels didn't take it.

Offline stuartm

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2021, 06:02:59 AM »
Yeah I've set up keepassxc restricted internet with FW don't need the shiny icons. If I check updates I'll disable FW for that. Looking good for now for what I wanted. ie ease of password inputs{not financial). Will have a look at the first recommendation also. cheers

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek