Author Topic: Extensions  (Read 1037 times)

Offline CISfan

• Comodo's Hero
Re: Extensions
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2022, 03:52:41 PM »
! Block Google search URL paramater tracking
||google.*/search$removeparam=biw
||google.*/search$removeparam=bih
||google.*/search$removeparam=dpr
||google.*/search$removeparam=sa
||google.*/search$removeparam=source
||google.*/search$removeparam=aqs
||google.*/search$removeparam=sourceid
||google.*/search$removeparam=ei
||google.*/search$removeparam=gs_lcp
||google.*/search$removeparam=gclid

Impressive uBO filters you have, thinking about to give those a try.

About the "! Block Google search URL paramater tracking" filters, do these filters actively prevent feedback to Google whenever you click on a Google search result?
I always noticed whenever you hover the mouse over a Google search result that the real URL of the search result appears in the status bar but as soon as you click on the search result the URL is first redirected to Google (so that Google can follow you) and then Google redirects to the real URL.
Do these filters prevent Google from following your search moves?

Offline Eric Cryptid

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Security Saskquatch
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2022, 04:42:00 PM »
Impressive uBO filters you have, thinking about to give those a try.

About the "! Block Google search URL paramater tracking" filters, do these filters actively prevent feedback to Google whenever you click on a Google search result?
I always noticed whenever you hover the mouse over a Google search result that the real URL of the search result appears in the status bar but as soon as you click on the search result the URL is first redirected to Google (so that Google can follow you) and then Google redirects to the real URL.
Do these filters prevent Google from following your search moves?

Thanks.

I'm not 100% sure, got some of these rules from a mate who is a bit more knowledgeable with UBO and Google tracking. I tend to use DDG most of the time for my searches anyway.

Moderator: Any concerns? PM me and/or review the Forum Policy
System: 64 bit Win 10
Realtime Protection:CIS 12

Offline CISfan

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2022, 05:38:27 PM »
Thanks.

I'm not 100% sure, got some of these rules from a mate who is a bit more knowledgeable with UBO and Google tracking. I tend to use DDG most of the time for my searches anyway.

Ok I understand.
I use DDG too but sometimes Google just finds more results you're looking for.
One can always Google using TOR.  :)

Offline Eric Cryptid

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Security Saskquatch
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2022, 06:06:47 PM »
Ok I understand.
I use DDG too but sometimes Google just finds more results you're looking for.
One can always Google using TOR.  :)

Indeed :)

The uBO reference information on removeparam is below. I was a fan of ClearURLs for awhile but haven't used it lately. Great at removing url tracking elements :)

removeparam

New in 1.32.0.

To remove query parameters from the URL of network requests -- see also AdGuard's removeparam's documentation. For historical reasons, queryprune is an alias of removeparam (avoid using queryprune, it is deprecated and support will be removed eventually).

removeparam is a modifier option (like csp) in that it does not cause a network request to be blocked but rather modified before being emitted.

removeparam must be assigned a value, which value will determine which exact parameter from a query string will be removed:

*$removeparam=utm_source

The above filter tells uBO to remove the query parameter utm_source when present in a URL.

The value assigned to removeparam can be a literal regular expression, in which case uBO will remove query parameters matching the regular expression:

*$removeparam=/^utm_/

The above filter will remove all query parameters which name starts with utm_, regardless of their value. When using a literal regular expression, it is tested against each query parameter name-value pair assembled into a single string as name=value.

Poorly crafted removeparam filters can have deleterious effects on performance, experienced filter authors are expected to understand well how to craft optimal filters.

Moderator: Any concerns? PM me and/or review the Forum Policy
System: 64 bit Win 10
Realtime Protection:CIS 12

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek