Author Topic: CIS has died - The forum is dead.  (Read 3377 times)

Offline safemode

• Comodo's Hero
Re: CIS has died - The forum is dead.
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2022, 07:15:48 AM »
That's your own problem.  8)
It won't heal CIS' wounded reputation only a CEO can.
Here we are discussing CIS product development status - if it is still supported or discontinued - CIS protection level or CIS working fine on one's system is not a part of the topic subject.

Even though not the CEO anymore, I would like to hear Melih's opinion/input on this matter.

I believe the time has come for some long-time users, especially moderators (including some which seem to have a certain dialogue with Comodo employees) to carry out a joint effort to try to contact Melih or other Staff members to find out more details about what actually is happening with CIS and what to expect for the future. It would be a better way to show support and care for this product and these Forums rather than locking topics or posting tutorials in how to harden an old piece of history. Just my two cents and as always, no offense intended.

Offline prodex

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2022, 07:21:40 AM »
Here we are discussing CIS product development status - if it is still supported or discontinued - CIS protection level or CIS working fine on one's system is not a part of the topic subject.

I believe the time has come for some long-time users, especially moderators (including some which seem to have a certain dialogue with Comodo employees) to carry out a joint effort to try to contact Melih or other Staff members to find out more details about what actually is happening with CIS and what to expect for the future. It would be a better way to show support and care for this product and these Forums rather than locking topics or posting tutorials in how to harden an old piece of history. Just my two cents and as always, no offense intended.

This was already demanded in the other thread and and discussed, so you can discuss here over and over again to soften someone up - waste of time.

Offline safemode

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2022, 07:24:00 AM »
This was already demanded in the other thread and and discussed, so you can discuss here over and over again to soften someone up - waste of time.
I don't remember that being demanded in the other thread.
The people to whom I addressed my previous post can't know if this joint effort to reach out to Comodo Staff will be a waste of time or not, if they don't at least try it - they have no crystal ball. ;)

Offline prodex

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2022, 07:50:05 AM »
I don't remember that being demanded in the other thread.

That's the problem! I can remember.
Here are some beginnings:

We are tracking every issues reported by you and working on it. Especially the cases mentioned here by our moderators 

https://forums.comodo.com/cis-v12x-preview-builds/list-of-current-bugs-t126805.0.html. We assure you the CIS improvement and we look forward to share your kind thoughts on your expectations in the above link. We will make sure to implement them.
I noticed C.O.M.O.D.O RT is actively collecting logs from user reported problems, why would they do that for a dead product? They probably are working on the next CIS version and it may take a while due to a possible larger list of fixes and/or possible new UI as Melih recently asked for suggestions regarding a new UI and etc.
Remember in the last few CIS releases how people heavily complained about the list of Bug fixes being not that impressive. I bet this has something to do with this long waiting time for the next release.

Quote from: safemode on October 10, 2021, 05:09:17 AM
Well they do need to make sure the applied fixes will not create new Bugs for the paid / Corporate CIS version... So they need to release a new free / consumer CIS version to check this. ;D
Agree, but in case they don't release new free / consumer CIS versions anymore then I'll stop reporting problems at once...

From the assistance of COMODO, contacted through pm I have not received any feedback and resolution, so I removed CIS from both PCs ...

Not word for word as you would like, but the sense behind it. Do you think your calls have more effects?

I'll set a point, is off-topic, now.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 07:53:30 AM by prodex »

Offline CISfan

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2022, 07:53:30 AM »
And what if he communicates that cis/firewall will no longer be developed?

If we get a clear answer from Comodo CEO regarding CIS business plan and CIS roadmap then everyone can decide for themselves what to do, either keep using CIS or abandon it and seek for other security solutions.
Clearness from Comodo CEO regarding CIS is all I'm asking for everyone who wants to have this clearness too.

Offline safemode

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2022, 07:54:12 AM »
That's the problem! I can remember.
Here are some beginnings:

From the assistance of COMODO, contacted through pm I have not received any feedback and resolution, so I removed CIS from both PCs ...

Not word for word as you would like, but the sense behind it. Do you think your calls have more effects?

None of that is related in any way to what I suggested - a joint effort between the Mods and users to try to contact Staff to know what actually is happening with CIS development and what to expect for the future.

What you posted is C.O.M.O.D.O RT stating months ago that they had sent the List of current Bugs listed by a Mod to the Staff. Months ago. I am not suggesting anything related to Bug reports.

I'll set a point, is off-topic, now.
No I am just stating my opinion as this is a public Forum so the opinions from the community are allowed if they are in line with the topic subject, which is not the case of your strain of text of a post made months ago related to Bug reports.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 07:58:28 AM by safemode »

Offline prodex

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2022, 08:03:55 AM »
If we get a clear answer from Comodo CEO regarding CIS business plan and CIS roadmap .....

I did - Zonealarm, similar to cis. Not my preference, an interim solution. CIS roadmap: dead end? I think so. Comodo did best work on my PC, thanks for it.

Offline ZorKas

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2022, 08:31:16 AM »
That's your own problem.  8)
I have no problems with the current version on all my PCs
The CIS firewall is still very good
Zero-day protection is always active in Windows 11
Close forum? Yes by dint of crying alas I think it will happen
Looking elsewhere to other products will save you time
For now I try to help in my own way:

https://forums.comodo.com/francais-french/uef-assistance-for-france-and-worldwide-t128614.0.html

https://forums.comodo.com/defense-sandbox-help-cis/his-settings-paranoid-mode-t127603.0.html;msg920354#new

Windows 10 Pro x64 21H2 Build 19044.2075 - Windows 11 Pro x64 21H2 Build 22000.1042 - Linux Emmabuntus x64 ED4 - Comodo CIS Pro v.12.2.2.8012

Offline jay2007tech

• Malware Research Group
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2022, 04:24:37 PM »
It's been asked and intended in a polite way, but I've changed it for clarity.
Cisfan,

your point of view is crystal clear.  :-TU Your beating a dead horse.  From the many topics and posts you submit, your re-hashing the same thing over and over again.   IF and only IF theres a update it will be posted for ALL to see.  Either wait patiently for an update or uninstall comodo and use something else.

If you dont know what im talking about,  Click on your profile and read all the posts you submitted for the past month or two :)

The Comodo Forum >
    Profile of CISfan >
    Show Posts >

« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 04:27:17 PM by jay2007tech »
It's hard being a crooked Admin when the files won't pass an md5checksum test.  But like any other good crooked Admin it can be done, it just takes time(and lots of it) and a few aspirins

Offline CISfan

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2022, 08:56:37 PM »
Cisfan,

your point of view is crystal clear.  :-TU Your beating a dead horse.  From the many topics and posts you submit, your re-hashing the same thing over and over again.   IF and only IF theres a update it will be posted for ALL to see.  Either wait patiently for an update or uninstall comodo and use something else.

If you dont know what im talking about,  Click on your profile and read all the posts you submitted for the past month or two :)

The Comodo Forum >
    Profile of CISfan >
    Show Posts >

Thank you for your feedback I appreciate it.

As you know, sometimes it just takes loads of effort to accomplish tiny things.

Based on the update from CEO I'll decide whether or not I'll stay with CIS.
But - reading between the lines - there probably will be no such CEO update and probably no CIS update either unfortunately, so...

Offline Dennis2

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2022, 02:05:05 AM »
Thank you for your feedback I appreciate it.

As you know, sometimes it just takes loads of effort to accomplish tiny things.

Based on the update from CEO I'll decide whether or not I'll stay with CIS.
But - reading between the lines - there probably will be no such CEO update and probably no CIS update either unfortunately, so...
Goodbye, please do not slam the door when you leave.

Here is as close you will get to a post from CEO
Yes we will continue...

but how can you improve perfection? :) Update or not, it just works and protects people!

We might do some facelift maybe?

Shall we start another thread with all the improvements users want to see?
Moderator: Aims Forum a friendly place. Any concerns? Please PM me and/or review the Forum Policy 2012Updated.
System: Centos 7.9 x64, APF, HTTPS Everywhere, ABP, NoScript
 Fedora 35 x64, APF, HTTPS Everywhere, ABP

Offline CommodoUser2019

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2022, 02:15:03 AM »
Forum Policy Violation Board >Re: CIS has died - The forum is dead.

The resources needed to run this forum and keep the free product alive have apparently been diverted elsewhere. Also, expecting a billionaire ceo to drop in and powwow with the masses is a pipedream.

Since this forum is more and more appearing to be a waste of time, Dennis/Mods/Staff can delete my account here. I'll try to avoid the door Dennis.

and the band played on.

Offline jay2007tech

• Malware Research Group
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2022, 09:57:56 AM »
Dennis/Mods/Staff can delete my account here. I'll try to avoid the door Dennis.

and the band played on.
Whats the point, just don't login in and post and you'll be fine.  If you change your mind then welcome back :Beer
It's hard being a crooked Admin when the files won't pass an md5checksum test.  But like any other good crooked Admin it can be done, it just takes time(and lots of it) and a few aspirins

Offline CISfan

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2022, 10:55:24 AM »
Goodbye, please do not slam the door when you leave.

Here is as close you will get to a post from CEO

It is always nice to be hearing from you Dennis, I will let you know when I leave.
One cannot slam the exit door on the way out here they took measures, it's a revolving door.

Allow me to say that Melih's message was a bit vague from the beginning regarding future CIS development.
It would only take a few minutes of his precious time to enlighten us all on this discussion.

Offline jay2007tech

• Malware Research Group
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2022, 11:57:58 AM »
I will let you know when I leave.
dont bother, just do it

Allow me to say that Melih's message was a bit vague from the beginning regarding future CIS development.
It would only take a few minutes of his precious time to enlighten us all on this discussion.
your still beating a dead horse.  You cant help but repeat the same thing over and over.  give it up

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek