Author Topic: CIS has died - The forum is dead.  (Read 3375 times)

Offline CISfan

• Comodo's Hero
CIS has died - The forum is dead.
« on: August 09, 2022, 02:02:19 PM »
After reading futuretech's statement I conclude that this forum serves absolutely no further purpose anymore as I don't believe in the Comodo fairy tales told by Comodo Staff but do believe in and accept the fact that CIS is completely dead as we all already knew in the back of our minds.

Why keeping this forum still in the air?
Just to trap and mislead people?

Shut this forum down.

Offline panic

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Linux is free only if your time is worthless.;-)
Re: CIS has died - The forum is dead.
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2022, 08:54:30 PM »
After reading futuretech's statement I conclude that this forum serves absolutely no further purpose anymore as I don't believe in the Comodo fairy tales told by Comodo Staff but do believe in and accept the fact that CIS is completely dead as we all already knew in the back of our minds.

Why keeping this forum still in the air?
Just to trap and mislead people?

Shut this forum down.

... and the forum post count goes up by one.

Make that two.  ;)
As your mums would say, "If you can't play nice with all the other kiddies, go home".
All users are asked to please read and abide by the  Comodo Forum Policy.
If you can't conform, don't use the forum.

Offline CommodoUser2019

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2022, 12:30:01 AM »
futuretech locked the other thread. What I want to know is what Comodo/Xcitium enterprise product is the most similar to CIS? I'm considering going to their paid service and this information should be highlighted in case others want to stay with Comodo in the event that futuretech is correct.

Actually, it looks like they have disabled creation of new threads.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 12:40:46 AM by CommodoUser2019 »

Offline prodex

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2022, 03:43:35 AM »
Then the time has come to say goodbye to comodo. I'm on the lookout for an adequate replacement, not so easy.

There are very good programms, but some stumbling block stands in their way. I'll replace it with MS-Defender for the time being.
Then the forum has also become a dead horse - bye.

Offline safemode

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2022, 06:12:26 AM »
What I don't understand regarding Futuretech's statement is the following:

If CIS as well as all other related products are dead/discontinued, then why Comodo Dragon (CD) is constantly getting new releases? Even a new Comodo Dragon BETA was released today. You can constantly see members of the Dragon Staff active on the Online user list of the Forums and they often post with answers to questions from users.

Also, what is the purpose of C.O.M.O.D.O RT constantly collecting logs related to CIS Bug reports and also actively helping members to solve issues with CIS? Recently C.O.M.O.D.O RT said a new version for the Official Comodo Uninstaller tool will be released to solve a issue which he/she/they reported to the team.

Ming.zhou said back in March they were busy developing new features for the Enterprise version and they were planning to "expand" the CIS team. If by expand he means hiring new developers, then maybe Comodo/Xcitium still has the intention on maintaining CIS for home, just not enough resources/developers to bring in a new release at the moment.

To me, Futuretech's statement has some strong evidence to back it up, however Comodo's intention with the future of CIS, Dragon and other related products is still not very clear to me.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 06:15:44 AM by safemode »

Offline domo78

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2022, 01:51:09 PM »
[at]futuretech

Is your position (which you have already expressed previously) your own deep conviction or the result of personal contacts with certain members of Comodo?

Offline CISfan

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2022, 05:30:54 AM »
Request a message from Comodo CEO  posted in this thread elaborating on CIS business plan and to explain as to why people are being fooled and being mislead regarding promised new CIS releases.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 03:31:50 AM by CISfan »

Offline prodex

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2022, 01:22:48 AM »
What I don't understand regarding Futuretech's statement is the following:

:-TU  :THNK

Sometimes I have a look in here. I uninstalled cis and have changed to another software. 
Why still such posts when comodo only "exists" as a corpse, now? Is there hope for a resurrection or is comodo still considered a safe firewall against intrusion attempts?

[author=yigido link=topic=127714.msg912729#msg912729 date=1642021892]
SHA-1 (He has left the forum)

[author=ZorKas link=topic=127603.msg920353#msg920353 date=1660229899]

[author=ZorKas link=topic=127710.msg920347#msg920347 date=1660208238]
############################
# MalwareBazaar recent malwares (SHA1)
# Last updated: 2022-08-11 08:33:42 UTC
# Number of entries malwares = 847
#############################
Hi,
Attach_file

« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 06:57:50 AM by prodex »

Offline Dennis2

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2022, 02:14:54 AM »
Demand a message from Comodo CEO  posted in this thread elaborating on CIS business plan and to explain as to why people are being fooled and being mislead regarding promised new CIS releases.
You can ask polity demand never.
Moderator: Aims Forum a friendly place. Any concerns? Please PM me and/or review the Forum Policy 2012Updated.
System: Centos 7.9 x64, APF, HTTPS Everywhere, ABP, NoScript
 Fedora 35 x64, APF, HTTPS Everywhere, ABP

Offline CISfan

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2022, 03:39:31 AM »
You can ask polity demand never.

It's been asked and intended in a polite way, but I've changed it for clarity.

Offline jay2007tech

• Malware Research Group
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2022, 04:44:45 AM »
comodo still considered a safe firewall against intrusion attempts?
LOL   it works fine in windows 11 unless you have bug issues.  Its a hell of a lot better then windows firewall.  I dont trust microsoft firewall as microsoft will still phone home even if you try to stop it.  (im speculating on this as I cant back this up)

It's hard being a crooked Admin when the files won't pass an md5checksum test.  But like any other good crooked Admin it can be done, it just takes time(and lots of it) and a few aspirins

Offline CISfan

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2022, 05:34:49 AM »
No off-topic chitchat can restore damaged CIS image only a clear message from Comodo CEO can.

Offline ZorKas

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2022, 05:48:39 AM »
I'm stupid but I always persist  8)

Windows 10 Pro x64 21H2 Build 19044.2075 - Windows 11 Pro x64 21H2 Build 22000.1042 - Linux Emmabuntus x64 ED4 - Comodo CIS Pro v.12.2.2.8012

Offline CISfan

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2022, 06:00:11 AM »
That's your own problem.  8)
It won't heal CIS' wounded reputation only a CEO can.

Offline prodex

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2022, 07:12:54 AM »
No off-topic chitchat can restore damaged CIS image only a clear message from Comodo CEO can.

And what if he communicates that cis/firewall will no longer be developed? To restore the "reputation" it would have to read differently, of course. But is he really damaged, there, on which he now puts special emphasis, concentrates?

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek