Author Topic: COMODO Live PC Support Wishlist  (Read 53904 times)

Offline bcman

• Malware Research Group
  • Comodo Family Member
Re: COMODO Live PC Support Wishlist
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2010, 10:49:10 PM »
Comodo can't give everything away for free.

Ok. I understand. If they can not no problem. With Comodo you son't need so much suport :-TU :comodorocks:

Offline Tech

• Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2010, 04:33:20 PM »
A whitelist. Some problems reported by Windows Events are known or the user do not want to solve them (they could be intermittent, etc.). So a whitelist will be good for me.
avast! team member
Save freeware snapshot technology of Comodo Time Machine. Vote!

Offline Tech

• Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2010, 08:44:32 AM »
Why shouldn't we change the service startup mode to "Automatic (delay)"?
Why should we have it at the very beginning and delaying boot?
The user can't ask for help that early in the computer... there is no connection, no network drivers loaded, etc.
avast! team member

Offline Tech

• Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2010, 05:38:29 PM »
1. A timeout for the popup.
2. A group/category for the warnings (critical, important, medium, low...).
3. A history of the errors.

Is anybody reading the suggestions?
Am I dreaming?
avast! team member

Offline languy99

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2010, 06:05:55 PM »
the dev team read the forums most of them just don't respond.
http://www.youtube.com/languy99

Software Reviews for all.

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/#!/languy99

Offline Tech

• Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2010, 06:30:58 PM »
the dev team read the forums most of them just don't respond.
Thanks languy. Just that I need to be used to that.
I mean, sometimes I'm not sure I'm contributing or not.
avast! team member

Offline Mihai Haraga

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2010, 02:52:12 AM »
A whitelist. Some problems reported by Windows Events are known or the user do not want to solve them (they could be intermittent, etc.). So a whitelist will be good for me.

The target of the livePCsupport solution is to make all clients' computers to function in optimal conditions. One single tiny whitelisted problem can have an cascade effect on the computer in short or long term. If the problem is not treated when it appears it can degenerate in more complex issues.

Why shouldn't we change the service startup mode to "Automatic (delay)"?
Why should we have it at the very beginning and delaying boot?
The user can't ask for help that early in the computer... there is no connection, no network drivers loaded, etc.

This is because of the way livePCsupport is designed to work. The fact that the service starts at the beginning does not affect in any manner boot loading times and boot loading process.

1. A timeout for the popup.
2. A group/category for the warnings (critical, important, medium, low...).
3. A history of the errors.

Is anybody reading the suggestions?
Am I dreaming?

1. See the answer to the first question ( faster the problem is treated , better for client's computer , lowering down the problem window means that an agent can miss the oportunity to fix the problem at the perfect moment )
2. See the answer to the first question ( any problem can have contextual effects , even if it has low priority )
3. We are already into it.

Nope , you are not dreaming , thank you for your input.

Best regards,
Mihai Haraga
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 03:11:21 AM by Mihai Haraga »

Offline Tech

• Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2010, 07:15:17 AM »
The target of the livePCsupport solution is to make all clients' computers to function in optimal conditions. One single tiny whitelisted problem can have an cascade effect on the computer in short or long term. If the problem is not treated when it appears it can degenerate in more complex issues.
Not for advanced users, not for all problems. We all know that there are "problems" that don't need to be fixed, they're just "verbose" of Windows...

This is because of the way livePCsupport is designed to work. The fact that the service starts at the beginning does not affect in any manner boot loading times and boot loading process.
It affects the boot time as it loads. It's not that much but, after all, it could be configurable. I see no reason for it has that huge priority of running.

See the answer to the first question ( faster the problem is treated , better for client's computer , lowering down the problem window means that an agent can miss the oportunity to fix the problem at the perfect moment )
I think you'll not being realistic... You're trying to sell what the user does not want to buy... Common users won't bother that much. I'll put an example that I've tried to debug with the chat support... At the end, he told me to reinstall MS Office... Go figure...

[attachment deleted by admin]
avast! team member

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2010, 08:13:30 AM »
Not for advanced users, not for all problems. We all know that there are "problems" that don't need to be fixed, they're just "verbose" of Windows...
It affects the boot time as it loads. It's not that much but, after all, it could be configurable. I see no reason for it has that huge priority of running.
I think you'll not being realistic... You're trying to sell what the user does not want to buy... Common users won't bother that much. I'll put an example that I've tried to debug with the chat support... At the end, he told me to reinstall MS Office... Go figure...

Just like you wouldn't buy a bikini, you wouldn't buy live pc support. Everything has a target audience. If you are not that target audience then thats fine.

Melih

Offline intrepid44

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2010, 08:30:44 AM »
Just like you wouldn't buy a bikini, you wouldn't buy live pc support. Everything has a target audience. If you are not that target audience then thats fine.

Melih
On a lighter side, Just got home I am tired and read this wrong, why am I now picturing Melih in a bikini???
WINDOWS 7 64 BIT 8 GIGS RAM 750GIG HARD DRIVE
CIS5 COMPLETE  DEP(enabled) UAC(enabled) SEHOP (enabled)

Offline Tech

• Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2010, 08:34:18 AM »
I do not consider myself as out of audience.
The program is very useful. I'm not complaining about that. I do not consider myself as a person that does not need help.
I love configurability and when the program can fit the needs like a glove in the hand of the user :)
avast! team member

Offline Graham1

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2010, 01:09:32 PM »
I don't use Live PC Support myself but I think this tool would be usefull for reporting bugs (visually) for Comodo products only. I'm thinking when the 30-day trial has expired. You've got a bug in Comodo "x", you hit "report bug" button and then get assistance from Comodo support who can then make notes of the problem/bug by viewing your desktop.

:)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 01:13:26 PM by Graham1 »
Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (x64) | Chromium | uBlock Origin | Privacy Badger | HTTPS Everywhere

https://www.thevenusproject.com | Beyond Politics Poverty and War

Offline Tech

• Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2010, 09:05:53 PM »
It support *any* kind of errors, from applications to Windows one, not just Comodo products. They can collect info about the error with remote connection to your PC.
avast! team member

Offline Graham1

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2010, 03:40:01 AM »
It support *any* kind of errors, from applications to Windows one, not just Comodo products. They can collect info about the error with remote connection to your PC.

Yes, but isn't that if you sign up for a years support (which is fair enough). I'm thinking when the 30-day trial ends (as LPS is bundled with all Comodo products now). Rather than posting bugs (and I'm not saying this should replace bug reporting on the forum), Live PC Support could be used by Comodo technicians to connect into your computer to visually to see any bugs.

:)
Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (x64) | Chromium | uBlock Origin | Privacy Badger | HTTPS Everywhere

https://www.thevenusproject.com | Beyond Politics Poverty and War

Offline intrepid44

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2010, 12:53:47 PM »
If I could ever connect, I tried it but it never connects for me.
WINDOWS 7 64 BIT 8 GIGS RAM 750GIG HARD DRIVE
CIS5 COMPLETE  DEP(enabled) UAC(enabled) SEHOP (enabled)

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek