Author Topic: Problems with acquiring or renewing the IP address  (Read 234015 times)

Offline brucine

• Comodo's Hero
Re: Problems with acquiring or renewing the IP address
« Reply #180 on: March 09, 2008, 03:37:05 AM »
Of course it is easier to make a firefox rule for localhost if only firefox asks for it, but not if several applications do.

I would be in trouble searching to make a defense + rule with cpf 2.4.

Offline Little Mac

• Forum Volunteer
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • The Colonel told me to.
« Reply #181 on: March 10, 2008, 05:44:24 PM »
If you don't mind me asking, what all applications are asking for loopback access?  I'm thinking you shouldn't have that many.

LM
These forums are focused on providing help and improvement for Comodo products.  Please treat other users with respect and make a positive contribution.  Thanks.
Forum Policy

Offline suedue

« Reply #182 on: March 23, 2008, 05:33:01 PM »
I would have started a new post, but have not figured out how to do that. I do have an urgent question though.

If I install Comodo firewall while connected to a cable modem and then take the computer to a DSL connection, will there be a problem connecting to the DSL?

Thanks and maybe I can figure out how to make a new post.

Smitty

Offline panic

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Linux is free only if your time is worthless.;-)
« Reply #183 on: March 24, 2008, 03:53:40 AM »
It should simply detect a new network connection and prompt you accordingly. Yu may need to make the new network trusted, but that should be about it.

Hope this helps,
Ewen ;-)
As your mums would say, "If you can't play nice with all the other kiddies, go home".
All users are asked to please read and abide by the  Comodo Forum Policy.
If you can't conform, don't use the forum.

Offline theduke142

« Reply #184 on: May 14, 2008, 06:23:17 PM »
LIttle Mac, you posted this:
.  In network monitor, make sure you maintain the default rule to Allow TCP/UDP Out from Any to Any, as the rule in top position (Rule ID 0).  Then create a new NetMon rule as Rule ID 1 (2nd position from the top) to:

Action:  Allow
Protocol:  UDP
Direction:  In
Source IP:  Any
Destination IP:  Any
Source Port:  67
Destination Port:  68

-------------------------------
I am using ver 3.0.22.349
I don't see how to get to "network monitor".
Could you be more specific.
I had to disable CFP to get onto my house internet. After the connection is made, than I can enable CFP.
 I believe I have to make the changes shown above, but I can't find the right place to make them.

Offline panic

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Linux is free only if your time is worthless.;-)
« Reply #185 on: May 14, 2008, 06:47:31 PM »
The term "Network Monitor" leads me to beieve you are looking at or referring to a guide for V2 of Comodo's firewall. In V3-speak, Network Monitor is the same as the Network Rules.

These are found by FIREWALL -> ADVANCED -> NETWORK SECURITY POLICY -> GLOBAL RULES

There may be minor differences in style between the example you're referring to and what appears in V3, but the intent is the same and the content hasn't varied a great deal.

Hope this helps,
Ewen :-)
As your mums would say, "If you can't play nice with all the other kiddies, go home".
All users are asked to please read and abide by the  Comodo Forum Policy.
If you can't conform, don't use the forum.

Offline theduke142

« Reply #186 on: May 14, 2008, 06:52:42 PM »
Panic: I don't think that is correct as the rule 1 is not there, and when I apply the addition, It asks for an application etc.

I think I have found the correct place?
Is it Firewall/Predefined Network Policies?
If it is, I made the addition to Outgoing Only.
Is that correct?
Do I have to make the correction to any other policy?

Offline theduke142

« Reply #187 on: May 14, 2008, 06:54:28 PM »
Panic,

excuse me, I should have said that Rule 0 is not there   (note rule 1 which is what I added).

Offline theduke142

« Reply #188 on: May 14, 2008, 07:18:27 PM »
The change I made appears to have worked. I am glad that I looked here for a permanent fix.

Offline theduke142

« Reply #189 on: May 15, 2008, 11:53:54 AM »
I am back again. The fix (shown above) that I thought was working, is only working intermintently. Such as yesterday, it worked once or twice. It failed once. It failed again this morning.
So I am back to either using a static ID, using Disable the firewall, or looking at another firewall. Using a static Id will work for any users of my computer, Disable of course would not work for most users, getting another firewall is on a choice I would like to make.

Any suggestions?

Offline Eric Cryptid

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Security Saskquatch
« Reply #190 on: May 16, 2008, 01:49:30 AM »
Renewing IP Address is a funny thing. I've had a few routers connecting to this laptop wirelessly. This laptop is equip with an Intel 2200BG. I'm fine when doing boot up  as there's no problem with the IP Address at that point. My first and most trusty router is my Linksys WAG354G which only has WPA encryption so I later bought my Zyxel P660HW-T2 which does go to WPA 2 and is more secure but I have more connection problems with that one than the other. Anyway, it doesn't matter what router I use or what software firewall it takes forever to renew IP Address on this machine. Usually disabling and then renabling Wireless a couple of times resolves the issue.

Eric

Moderator: Any concerns? PM me and/or review the Forum Policy
System: 64 bit Win 10
Realtime Protection:CIS 12

Offline mamawdj

« Reply #191 on: May 16, 2008, 08:47:05 PM »
I am new at using the Comodo Firewall and I am not super computer literate. I just starting having a problem with my IP server address today after a screen came up from Comodo saying that a network had been detected.   It has my modem info in it so I selected the option which said something like connect with other PC's and clicked OK.  That is when I lost connection and cannot get it back.  I tried to follow the instructions that were here in the forum.  However, I am using the free version and did not see those options when I opened the firewall and did not see those options.  Any suggestions?

Offline tommytoyz

« Reply #192 on: August 05, 2008, 08:43:01 PM »
I had the same problems with being unable to renew IP. However, I solved the problem different than what others here have done.

Having Windows XP SP3, I found that svchost.exe was being blocked by Comodo. This service needs to be able to go in and out. So I marked it as a trusted application and everything has been perfect since.

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek