Author Topic: "Noob" install VIDEO guide.  (Read 107564 times)

Offline Little Mac

• Forum Volunteer
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • The Colonel told me to.
Re: "Noob" install VIDEO guide.
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2007, 03:09:29 PM »
dhac,

I just accessed it with IE7, no problems there either.

With Firefox (since it's my primary browser), I monitor things more closely.  No cookies were accepted for the site.  No scripts were run.  Images were allowed, from that site only (3rd-party images not allowed).

With IE7, the popup blocker is set to On, with no Exceptions.  The phishing filter is Off.  Security is in Internet Zone, set to Medium-High.  Cookies' acceptance is set to Medium.

You might try accessing it again, and press the control key (Ctrl) while clicking the link.  In IE7, it did open it in a new window, where in FF it was in a new tab.

LM
These forums are focused on providing help and improvement for Comodo products.  Please treat other users with respect and make a positive contribution.  Thanks.
Forum Policy

Offline dhac

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2007, 03:43:38 PM »
LM:
Well tried that, no sucess. Still got the Red X, no video. As you can tell I'm really a newbe on all these setting & etc. However, I have comodo firewall installed, and as far as I know, its working. I thank you for your suggestions. Maybe someday I'll get it firgured out.  However, any other suggestions appreciated.
dhac

soyabeaner

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2007, 03:56:49 PM »
Red X as in over the image?  It usually means either the website/link is down or it's blocked from your computer like as in the Host file. 

Here's the real (CWY) link:
http://www.nordicnature.net/tutorials/comodo/cf24wiz.htm

You also need flash installed.

Offline dhac

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2007, 04:05:46 PM »
LM:

It's just a little red x in the top left cornner. A big blank where a picture or something should be. I'll check to see if I have Flash

dhac

Offline dhac

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2007, 04:17:48 PM »
LM:

I used search & found a multitude for Flashes. One that seemed logical said Flash Player, however when clicked on it came up blank. Not sure about the others.  One I clicked on CK-Flash.JS said "runnung a sys command might be unsafe" so didn't mess with the others.

dhac

soyabeaner

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2007, 04:25:24 PM »
So you don't have flash player installed?  Don't Never install anything you don't know or trust. 

Some browsers have settings that automatically download the required files, so you might not even need to manually download it.  Adobe Flash Player is the official one, or at least the most popular:
http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 04:28:45 PM by Soya »

Offline dhac

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2007, 04:28:50 PM »
LM:

Okay Thanks.. I'll check Adobe out. Have several other Adobe things in here some where.

dhac

soyabeaner

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2007, 04:30:41 PM »
Maybe I should save the "You're welcome teehee" for Little Mac, since LM = Little Mac :'(

Offline dhac

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2007, 04:36:00 PM »
Sorry.. Thanks to whom ever been replying. I'm not to sharp on this thing either. Since I put the firewall in thought I should join the club.. Thanks again..
dhac

soyabeaner

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2007, 04:39:30 PM »
No problem ;D.  I just didn't want LM to get all the credit >:( :P ;D.  Let us know the status of your video viewing problem.

Offline Little Mac

• Forum Volunteer
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2007, 05:03:57 PM »
Sorry I missed replying here; I was in the middle of posting when the system errored out, Comodo said it ran out of memory witht he application monitor, and everything shut down.  Anyway, this is wha tI was going to post.  Man, what's with these delays, omigosh?!

You also need flash installed.
I think you've probably nailed it, Soya.

dhac:  In IE7, go to the "Tools" button, drop that menu down, and go to Manage Add-Ons, then Enable or Disable Add-Ons.

When the list of installed add-ons comes up, look for
Shockwave Flash Object by Adobe Systems, filename flash6.ocx; it's an activex control.

If you don't see it there, click the link on the lower left, "Download new add-ons."  Then search for Shockwave Player.  Or, just follow this link:  (I'll have to come back with it)

LM
These forums are focused on providing help and improvement for Comodo products.  Please treat other users with respect and make a positive contribution.  Thanks.
Forum Policy

Offline dhac

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2007, 12:15:25 PM »
Soya & LM

Okay you all! I got "Flash Something" installed now and was able to view the installation movie.
Thanks for your help.

dhac

soyabeaner

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2007, 12:23:43 PM »
Great (CWY)

Offline Little Mac

• Forum Volunteer
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2007, 12:24:07 PM »
No problem!  Glad that did the job for you...  (:CLP)

LM
Forum Policy

Offline soccerfan

« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2007, 01:41:41 PM »
Quick question:
For those of us who do not want to install flash,
is there a link to the actual file that can be downloaded
and viewed in 'media player classic' or others that
can handle such content?

soccerfan

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek