Author Topic: Manual uninstall of CFP 2.x  (Read 274102 times)

Offline Little Mac

• Forum Volunteer
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • The Colonel told me to.
Re: Manual uninstall
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2007, 10:44:42 AM »
Tnx for the follow-up, quemlesabe!  Hope you have been able to get the problem worked out, then!

LM
These forums are focused on providing help and improvement for Comodo products.  Please treat other users with respect and make a positive contribution.  Thanks.
Forum Policy

Offline Little Mac

• Forum Volunteer
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2007, 03:58:27 PM »
Alan Borer's registry/uninstall question has been moved here

http://forums.comodo.com/help/uninstalling_cfp_24_and_registry_issues-t12398.0.html;msg87230#msg87230

so that it may be addressed more thoroughly.

LM
These forums are focused on providing help and improvement for Comodo products.  Please treat other users with respect and make a positive contribution.  Thanks.
Forum Policy

Offline kljaja

« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2007, 08:08:34 AM »
HI all!!!

I love Comodo firewall..it is the bast firewall ever....

But i have problem...

Ive instaled it on my D drive(non windows)....and after instaling windows on C-drive ive deleted comodo folder....

now..when im trying to install it is says that it is already instaled....

I have already deleted everything form registry....but it still dont work..i cant instal it....

I need..help..i cnat play AmericasArmy without it!!!!!

Offline Little Mac

• Forum Volunteer
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2007, 05:47:45 PM »
What steps did you take to clean the registry?  And did you also remove any files from D:\ drive?

LM
Forum Policy

Offline pennymachines

« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2007, 07:20:41 PM »
Thanks for the excellent firewall.
I cloned my hard drive with XXClone (great freeware tool). I'd read a warning this could upset firewalls and sure enough Comodo no longer ran. Using this thread I uninstalled/reinstalled it.

Just one question - now it's working do I have to delete any of the uninstall files? clicapi.dll and fwconfig.exe are no longer in root of C - the only file now showing in C:\ is boot.ini.comodofirewall.

Offline Little Mac

• Forum Volunteer
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2007, 09:08:12 PM »
Just one question - now it's working do I have to delete any of the uninstall files? clicapi.dll and fwconfig.exe are no longer in root of C - the only file now showing in C:\ is boot.ini.comodofirewall.
welcome to teh forums, pennymachines!  No, you shouldn't have to do anything further with it.

LM
Forum Policy

Offline pennymachines

« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2007, 07:59:04 AM »
Thanks Little Mac!

Now I have Comodo running again it seems a little buggy. It crashed when I booted up my computer this morning so I ran RegistryMechanic and a few other clean up programs. Although it seems to be working OK now, when I mouse over the task bar Comodo icon it continues to report "COMOD Firewall Pro is being initialized..."

Offline turbo8765

« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2007, 09:59:56 PM »
I absolutely cannot get CFP off my computer. I've tried everything mentioned in this thread and it will not go away.

Even better, I cannot get on the internet because CFP will not allow my IP to renew. I'm going to have to reinstall my OS and start all over.

I have wasted so much time trying to get this software off from my computer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Little Mac

• Forum Volunteer
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2007, 11:39:39 AM »
when I mouse over the task bar Comodo icon it continues to report "COMOD Firewall Pro is being initialized..."
This is a cosmetic bug of which the developers are aware.  It does not mean that the firewall is not running.  If you open TaskManager, look for CPF.exe and CmdAgent.exe.  If they're both there the firewall is up and running.

I absolutely cannot get CFP off my computer. I've tried everything mentioned in this thread and it will not go away.
What version of CFP?

What steps have you taken to determine that CFP is blocking your internet after uninstalling and going thru th emanual removal steps given here?

LM

PS:  Welcome to the forums, even if it's under negative circumstances.
Forum Policy

Offline Pumpkinhead

« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2007, 12:11:20 AM »
Thank you pandlouk !
That worked , after about the 3rd time. It was then that I paid special attention to where the Zip file was placed. I had to manually move them ( 2 files ) from "Comodo Uninstall " folder to just the 'C' drive.
From there your solution worked perfectly. It is now up and running.  (:CLP)

Offline hangemhigh

« Reply #55 on: December 15, 2007, 02:06:26 PM »
hello powers that be, I uninstalled and tried to install a newer version.
I receive this message-

That file is in the folder, now when I try to uninstall, reinstall or run the firewall I receive this same error. I also tried the manual uninstall method and receive the same error.
Any suggestions?

update: I don't know what I did but the newer version installed.
thanks
« Last Edit: December 15, 2007, 02:24:16 PM by hangemhigh »

Offline malkari

« Reply #56 on: December 18, 2007, 12:44:22 PM »
yeh did unistall and i can install cfp again now tyvm :) ps ty to all who made cfp possible and all answers etc etc brill to all   :BNC

Offline wiseowl

« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2008, 01:50:19 PM »
Hope this is the correct thread for this problem.

I had CFP Version 2.4 on my laptop, Dual Core AMD Turion 64, running XP Media Centre.  I uninstalled V 2.4 following the instructions in this thread.  Tried to install Version 3, but keep getting an error message "Error 0 running command .\ CFP_Setup_3.0.15.277_XP_Vista_x64."  Tried to install in Safe Mode but still got the same error message.

I also want to install Version 3 on my new desktop, AMD Athlon 64, running Vista Home Basic but I'm worried that I'll also run into problems trying to install, or if it installs may have problems.  BTW I'm currently running PC Tools firewall on the desktop.

Firstly, am I using the correct setup file?  If so, what could be the problem.

Hope you can help.  Thx.

Offline Ragwing

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #58 on: January 25, 2008, 02:58:19 PM »
Hope this is the correct thread for this problem.

I had CFP Version 2.4 on my laptop, Dual Core AMD Turion 64, running XP Media Centre.  I uninstalled V 2.4 following the instructions in this thread.  Tried to install Version 3, but keep getting an error message "Error 0 running command .\ CFP_Setup_3.0.15.277_XP_Vista_x64."  Tried to install in Safe Mode but still got the same error message.

I also want to install Version 3 on my new desktop, AMD Athlon 64, running Vista Home Basic but I'm worried that I'll also run into problems trying to install, or if it installs may have problems.  BTW I'm currently running PC Tools firewall on the desktop.

Firstly, am I using the correct setup file?  If so, what could be the problem.

Hope you can help.  Thx.

Try the installer for 32-bit . You should go after your OS architecture, and not after the CPUs. If your CPU is 64-bit, and you OS is 32-bit, you'll need to use the 32-bit installer.
If you're unsure if it's 32-bit or 64-bit, press Windows-key + Pause/Break. If it's 32-bit, it'll only say Windows XP Home/Pro or Windows Vista Whatever, but if it's 64-bit, it'll say x64 or something in the end.

Cheers,
Ragwing

Offline wiseowl

« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2008, 06:18:37 PM »
Thx Ragwing

I've now been able to install Version 3 on my laptop, and also learned something new i.e. the press Windows-key + Pause/Break to get the System Info.  :Beer

Will now attempt to install on the desktop, hopefully there won't be any problems.

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek