Author Topic: Manual uninstall of CFP 2.x  (Read 272630 times)

Offline sonsblah

Re: Manual uninstall of CFP 2.x
« Reply #135 on: July 22, 2008, 12:17:52 PM »
After installing Comodo firewall 21/7 it completely made my computer almost unusable. It did something to all my file permissions. I could not even load the program because I got an error "you do not have permissiion to run this program". I could not load any browser to get help. niether firefox NOR Internet explorer would open!! I could not change the permissions at all because of another error "insufficient privliges to change privledges" I could not even open the Control panel to uninstall Comodo and I could not even shutdown windows! When I tried to shutdown or reboot windows said "You not have permission to shutdown or reboot this computer". 
i have tried manual uninstall but permission is denied. I cannot access the run comand or control panel or anything! I really do not know what to try next. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.   

Offline Ic3y

« Reply #136 on: July 27, 2008, 09:13:36 AM »
After trying the comodo uninstall.zip option, i got an error message saying that i don't have administrator level privileges. Here is exactly what i did, at the command line, I entered the following as instructed:

c:\fwconfig.exe -uninstalln

And I get the following message: "YOu do not have administrator level privileges. Please login as administrator or one with equivalent privileges to uninstall Comodo Firewall."

The problem is that I am the administrator and the only person using the system. I want to reinstall comodo v3 on my laptop (running on 32-bit vista business edition). It won'l let me install saying that comodo is still installed even though I uninstalled it. Please help. I've unzipped the uninstall.zip as instructed. Please help.

Regards,

Yaccah

I have this exact problem and honestly I am just fed up with Comodo. It failed to update because it couldn't retrieve CFP.exe so decided ok i'll uninstall it and put in a fresh version and it just WILL NOT UNINSTALL. Tried the uninstall zip file and I can't use it because of no admin privelages which thank you Microsoft they took away from anyone using blasted Vista.

Can somebody running Vista please tell me how to get rid of this blasted firewall

Offline sonsblah

« Reply #137 on: July 27, 2008, 12:34:42 PM »
I have successfully uninstalled

Thanks to this post by Whited Lightning:

http://forums.comodo.com/help_for_v3/windows_cannot_access_the_specified_path-t23860.0.html;msg175199#msg175199

Solution?  See other posts at this site... search for "cannot access".
For me, this is what worked.  The idea is to get explorer.exe to be a trusted application again.

open the Windows Task Manager by
hitting CTRL+ALT+DEL.  If the latter, click "File", then "New task (run)".  In the "Create New Task"
window that appears, type exactly this: "file:///C:/Program%20Files/comodo/firewall/cfp.exe".
(Assuming you installed comodo in the default location.  If not adjust the path above accordingly.)
Hit "OK", and the firewall window should open.

Now, as stated in other posts, go to "Defense+", "Advanced", "Computer Security Policy".
Find explorer.exe and make it a trusted application.  Don't forget to click "Apply".

I then followed this post below by Pandouk:

http://forums.comodo.com/frequently_asked_questions_faq_for_comodo_firewall/manual_uninstall_of_cfp_2x-t5326.0.html;msg39350#msg39350

If you have problems uninstalling or reinstalling CFP, download "comodo Uninstall.zip" and extract both "clicapi.dll" and "fwconfig.exe" in the C: directory.
Then at the command line of windows use the following command:
c:\fwconfig.exe -uninstalln

After finished reboot your pc and eliminate
C:\Program Files\Comodo\Firewall

I now have no comodo  :BNC  This worked for windows xp, not sure about vista, i didn't install it on my vista machine.

Offline brooke618

« Reply #138 on: August 11, 2008, 04:11:08 PM »
For me, the unistaller still leaves a bunch of Comodo entries in my registry.  I had to go in and delete them by hand.

Comodo might be a great firewall (rated very highly on matousec.com), but, alas:

1.  The installer seems buggy and doesn't work for some people (like me).  The "Problem with deleting Shortcuts. Please kindly delete the shortcuts manually." error has been around for 1-2 years, and still there are no posts or info on the net anywhere or in this forum on how to solve the issue.

2.  The uninstaller doesn't get rid of the registry entries, surprisingly not even the stub in Run.

Offline exaperated

« Reply #139 on: August 18, 2008, 02:05:51 AM »
I too was soured by my experience with Comodo.  The difference is, I still am.  This fix does not work for me.  I get the error:

Cannot delete INDEX.BTR: It is being used by another person or program.  Close any programs that might be using the file and try again.

I tried reinstalling Comodo but it won't let me.  The installer says the program is already installed.

Now that I've spent 4 SOLID DAYS trying to fix my computer, that I feel your software broke, I'm really getting steamed.

Why are you trying to outdo Microsoft in the "Let's make it difficult for our customers" game?

Please, a solution that will impress me and make me change my mind about Comodo!

soyabeaner

« Reply #140 on: August 18, 2008, 07:56:42 AM »
Hmmm.. :THNK  I remember that CFP 2 is more resilient than CFP 3 in Safe Mode.  I would try uninstalling while in Safe Mode.

Offline Bort

« Reply #141 on: September 11, 2008, 08:20:07 PM »
All of these uninstall instructions only half-assed work. After running the fwconfig.exe in a command prompt, restarting, and deleting the file folder containing all of comodo's files there are still registry keys that exis in
HKEY_USERS\Software\Windows\MUICache

It is also still in startup via msconfig

That stuff should also be removed.

Offline koolkiller1

« Reply #142 on: October 08, 2008, 05:38:27 PM »
I installed Comodo firewall a wile back and than i uninstall ed it threw add/remove programs. but than a few days latter i had to use system restore and it out it back on and i went in to the C drive and deleted all comodo firewall files and i used cc cleaner for the ones i could not delete and now when i try to reinstall the firewall it asks me do you want to uninstall comodo firewall Yes/No when i click yes it does nothing. Is there a way to install it and by pass all this or is there a way to deleted/repair the files and get it up and running.

Offline galootny

« Reply #143 on: October 19, 2008, 08:31:49 AM »
Comodo should feel great shame. Why should a nonprofessional have to hire someone to reinstall the entire operating system because Comodo has damaged his machine? I personally think Comodo is more harmful than many Trojans out there.

Offline burner40

« Reply #144 on: November 05, 2008, 05:11:22 PM »
Thanks very much pandlouk. I received notification to update comodo firewall pro and did so. During update something happened such that update stopped and I could no longer open the present version of comodo firewall pro on my computer. To cut a long story short, I tried several procedures and spent alot of time trying to uninstall cfp before I could download the update from the comodo website. Your post in this forum enabled me to uninstall by following your instructions. Thus, I was able to install the latest version of comodo firewall pro.

So a big thank you to you  (:CLP)  :Beer

I'm not very knowledgeable about software etc with computers.  :o

Only problem I have now is after start up a message eventually pops up from comodo that states "one of passed string parameters is empty!". I just click the "OK" box and message disappears. Is it anything I need to worry about? Is this "piece of string" holding the whole programme together?

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek