Author Topic: Manual uninstall of CFP 2.x  (Read 273954 times)

Offline Rider99XX

Re: Manual uninstall of CFP 2.x
« Reply #105 on: March 10, 2008, 07:08:10 PM »
I tried all of this and it did not work. I downloaded CClean and cleaned up everything. My PC is a little faster but I STILL cannot download Comodo Firewall. I keep getting a message to go to Add/Remove programs and remove Comodo Firewall. Well it's not there. That was removed days ago. This is VERY frustrating.

Rider99XX ~

That's a quick "bump"... ;)

Check my instructions in this post, earlier in this thread:

http://forums.comodo.com/frequently_asked_questions_faq_for_comodo_firewall/manual_uninstall_of_cfp_2x-t5326.0.html;msg86060#msg86060

The registry entry I mention there can be found here:

http://forums.comodo.com/frequently_asked_questions_faq_for_comodo_firewall/manual_uninstall_of_cfp_2x-t5326.0.html;msg83941#msg83941

I recommend using SafeMode for uninstall/install, so that you don't have conflicts with other software.  Be sure you're logged in to the same Admin account from which you first installed the FW.

If you need more detailed step-by-step instructions, let me know and I'll go find a link to another post(s) of mine elsewhere in the forums where I go through all that in mind-numbing detail... ;)

Hope that helps,

LM

yankee1620

« Reply #106 on: March 11, 2008, 09:51:42 AM »
I am logged in but I do not see any bunny and I do not see any paper clip anywhere in the post.
Also...what is meant by 'extract', is it the same as delete??
What is meant by 'unzip those file at the C:\ directory'? I always unzip files on my desktop.
Sorry but I am old and dumb and I find this extremely confusing. ??? ???

Well, I really like Comodo but unfortunately I have to give it up! I was told by support to uninstall it at add/remove and then install the new version. But it won't uninstall and I don't know what any of the things mean that were posted about some zip file that can't be found anyway.After many frustrating hours I have given up. I will probably have to pay someone to come and reinstall XP Pro in order to finally get rid of the incomplete uninstall! Too bad the uninstall is so bad because Comodo is the best firewall but it will not work even though Windows says it is still on my computer when it isn't..therefore I wind up with no firewall at all.

Offline Little Mac

• Forum Volunteer
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • The Colonel told me to.
« Reply #107 on: March 11, 2008, 02:28:09 PM »
I tried all of this and it did not work. I downloaded CClean and cleaned up everything. My PC is a little faster but I STILL cannot download Comodo Firewall. I keep getting a message to go to Add/Remove programs and remove Comodo Firewall. Well it's not there. That was removed days ago.
Rider, I'm sorry that didn't take care of it for you; I understand your frustration.  For the issue of Add/Remove not showing CPF, you might try MSICUU2 to see if that helps.

Here's a post of mine that may be helpful.
http://forums.comodo.com/help_for_v2/uninstalling_without_the_uninstaller-t8018.0.html;msg58104#msg58104

It lists a couple places to check for program-related files.  it has a link to the step-by-step manual process, and a couple other links as well.  Two posts below it, Soya gives links to the FAQ dealing with uninstall issues.  You may have some Legacy registry keys to delete, which is probably discussed in there as well.

You can get a lot of detailed results by doing an "Advanced Search" for the term "uninstall".  Select an author's name if you want, subject/topic results only, choose your board - help for v2 (the top of the list).

Hope that helps.  Ask any questions you need, to clarify stuff.

LM
These forums are focused on providing help and improvement for Comodo products.  Please treat other users with respect and make a positive contribution.  Thanks.
Forum Policy

Offline Little Mac

• Forum Volunteer
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #108 on: March 11, 2008, 02:35:09 PM »
But it won't uninstall and I don't know what any of the things mean that were posted about some zip file that can't be found anyway.After many frustrating hours I have given up.
yankee, I'm sorry you've had so much trouble.  The zip file is at the bottom of pandlouk's post here:  http://forums.comodo.com/frequently_asked_questions_faq_for_comodo_firewall/manual_uninstall_of_cfp_2x-t5326.0.html;msg39350#msg39350
right between the two horizontal red lines.  It's titled, "comodo Uninstall.zip" and at this point has been downloaded 1891 times.

To "extract" refers to the process of opening a compressed Zip archive, which is what the file is.  In XP, you simply right-click the file, select "Extract All" and follow the prompts.

You also might want to try the MSICUU2; you may find it here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

That utility cleans up after failed/somewhat failed Windows uninstalls.  There is also a third-party uninstaller utility called ZSoft which is very good at removing bits and pieces, if there's anything left to uninstall.

LM
These forums are focused on providing help and improvement for Comodo products.  Please treat other users with respect and make a positive contribution.  Thanks.
Forum Policy

Offline Rider99XX

« Reply #109 on: March 15, 2008, 12:56:17 AM »
If you have problems uninstalling or reinstalling CFP, download "comodo Uninstall.zip" and extract both "clicapi.dll" and "fwconfig.exe" in the C: directory.
Then at the command line of windows use the following command:
c:\fwconfig.exe -uninstalln

After finished reboot your pc and eliminate
C:\Program Files\Comodo\Firewall

ps. it's the standalone uninstaller of CFP ;)

This worked like a charm. Just be sure to extract both Uninstall.zip files to the C: directory. I've tried EVERYTHING else listed in here and this is the ONLY thing that worked.  (:CLP) (:CLP) (:CLP) :BNC :BNC :BNC

Offline ihate_it

« Reply #110 on: March 19, 2008, 02:12:07 PM »
If you have problems uninstalling or reinstalling CFP, download "comodo Uninstall.zip" and extract both "clicapi.dll" and "fwconfig.exe" in the C: directory.
c:\fwconfig.exe -uninstalln

After finished reboot your pc and eliminate
C:\Program Files\Comodo\Firewall

ps. it's the standalone uninstaller of CFP ;)

doese it work with windows vista???

Offline Little Mac

• Forum Volunteer
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #111 on: March 22, 2008, 07:40:19 AM »
CFP 2.x is not Vista-compatible, as is stated on the Comodo download page.  If you have already attempted to install it, you've undoubtedly had problems.  If you have done so and can't get it removed from your machine, I'm not certain what steps need to be taken at this point.  Since it won't properly install, none of the uninstall routines are likely to work properly either.

LM
Forum Policy

Offline jennrn

Re: Manual uninstall
« Reply #112 on: April 09, 2008, 04:54:00 PM »
hello powers that be, I uninstalled and tried to install a newer version.
I receive this message-

That file is in the folder, now when I try to uninstall, reinstall or run the firewall I receive this same error. I also tried the manual uninstall method and receive the same error.
Any suggestions?

update: I don't know what I did but the newer version installed.
thanks

Hi, I'm new to this forum and I'm having the same problem as hangemhigh. I didn't see any response to his post. I have windows vista. Comodo was working fine and then for some reason (I have kids so they may have been playing with the mouse and just clicking away, so I don't know what happened) my computer wouldn't boot up. I would get a black screen with a mouse pointer and I couldn't move it. I also have AVG and AVAST. I uninstalled AVG and now I can use the computer again. But I keep getting this message and can't uninstall Comodo. Any help would be appreciated. I don't know what version it is but it downloaded it 2 mos ago, so I assume it's the latest. I really like comodo, I have it on my older computer with XP and it works fine. Right now I feel unprotected. thanks again.

yankee1620

« Reply #113 on: April 12, 2008, 08:35:04 AM »
I have come to the conclusion that I have to just keep the old Comodo without ever updating it,or go without any firewall at all. I admit I am very old and do not understand any of the 8 pages I have read here...it is like reading a foreign language and you need to have a degree in Computer Science to understand it. Everyone here seems to be a computer professional, which I am definitely not.
Evidently the only way to uninstall Comodo is to reinstall the OS...anyone who has XP Pro understands what a several days ordeal that is!! I have never seen any software that had such trouble uninstalling and reinstalling...
What happens is that you wind up with no firewall at all because after trying to uninstall Comodo no other firewall will install because it says Comodo is still there.
ALSO:
This AM when I booted the computer I got this error message.
Error 0x0 failed for C:\Documents and Settings\Dixie\Application Data\Comodo Firewall Pro\Data\Res Files\dnlup3ico
The last of that may be wrong because I couldn't read my own writing...
The icon was not in the tray and I had to open Comodo from the "all programs' to get into the tray. It says it is working...
Am I confused? Yes, I have never been so confused with a piece of software.
Is there any hope that someday Comodo will uninstall without all these problems? (:SAD)

Offline nicolm1978

« Reply #114 on: May 06, 2008, 08:05:47 AM »
Hello,

I am new to this forum and i have a great problem so any help would be most appreciative?
I am running Windows Vista Home Prenium and i did have Commodo Firewall Pro running on my PC and i uninstalled this through the add and remove progarms option in the Control Panel.
I then went into the program files section of my hard drive and deleted anything related to Commodo and i also deleted any icons on my desktop.
I then proceeded to to empty my recycle bin and used a Registry cleaner to remove any last entries and i also used REGEDIT within the system and manually removed any trace of the program.
I rebooted my laptop and i just can not seem to remove the program as a whole as the Security centre states that this software is still installed.
I have tried Pandlouk's procedure and unzippd the file and extracted it and then run it but nothing happens, i really do not know where to go from here.

yankee1620

« Reply #115 on: May 06, 2008, 08:20:13 AM »
I have come to the conclusion that once you have installed Comodo there is NO way to uninstall it and therefore no way to reinstall the upgrade to it because you will always be told that it is already there. That means you cannot install any other firewall either and will be without a working firewall on your computer.
The only solution I can see is to reinstall the OS and get a different firewall, and with XP Pro that is a huge undertaking that I am not able to do. So I am just stuck!
I hope someday somebody will fix the problem. It is too bad it has such a problem because it is an excellent firewall. The best in my opinion, but I caution all my friends not to get it because they will never get rid of it.

Offline N.T.T.W.

• Comodo's Hero
  • A minute of your time can help many.
« Reply #116 on: May 06, 2008, 08:57:59 AM »
I have found that Revo Uninstaller seems to remove all traces of anything I have tried it with. It worked for Norton Internet Security 2006 when even the Norton removal tool failed. I have not tried it with Comodo Firewall but it is worth a try:

http://www.revouninstaller.com/

:SMLR
Post proelia praemia.
Die dulci fruere.

yankee1620

« Reply #117 on: May 06, 2008, 10:30:48 AM »
I am not brave...I would rather someone else try it first!... (:LGH)

Offline s.mattijs

« Reply #118 on: May 17, 2008, 09:50:11 PM »
Hi,
I finaly maneged to upgrade from CPF 2.4 to v3. I had to uninstall Comodo first, and the hardest part was to extract the uninstall files to "C:directorie" because I didn't know what a "directory" was!(I come from Belgium, french speeking, and a "directory" is not clear  ). Now I'm dicovering v3.
Thank you for the otherwise very clear explanations Pandlouk.
s.mattijs

yankee1620

« Reply #119 on: May 18, 2008, 06:42:08 AM »
Pandlouk said:"If you have problems uninstalling or reinstalling CFP, download "comodo Uninstall.zip" and extract both "clicapi.dll" and "fwconfig.exe" in the C: directory.
c:\fwconfig.exe -uninstalln"

WHAT is the C:directory???? I can find no such thing on my computer!! So how do you extract those two files into a C:directory that is not anywhere on the computer?? And is there  supposed to ne an 'n' on the end of uninstall? Will somebody please tell me where the C:directory is and how to extract something 'into' it? We do not all have the same degree of expertise and therefore many things that are understood by some, are 'not understood by others and are completely meaningless!!

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek