Author Topic: Emule and bittorent tuttorials  (Read 357772 times)

Offline Buggy - BugMeNot.com Shared Account

• Comodo Family Member
Re: Emule and bittorent tuttorials
« Reply #225 on: December 25, 2007, 04:19:27 AM »
I'm having the same problem with UDP packets.
Manual rules set according to tutorial.
Connecting to kad network works like a charm , but once I perform a search on kad i get just a few replies . Tried some keywords that used to get me 300 results , now I get 10.
At the same time Comodo logs show me a huge list of blocked UDP packets being them fake/malformed or fragmented IP packets.
I guess there are those 290 results i'm no longer getting.
Is there any way to get rid of this?
Tnx.

NVM , I missed the "protocl analysis" feature ... my bad.

I have the same problem, when I use Comodo firewall and I have rules like recommended in this post I receive high Id´s and all seems normal but when I make a search in Kad for instance with Comodo installed I get 20 results and without Comodo installed the same search 250 results and for me this is a BIG difference when searching something, anybody could reproduce this results?

Greetz from Spain

Offline Thomas_Serail

« Reply #226 on: January 02, 2008, 01:59:07 PM »
I'd just like to add, that according to the Comodo Staff you also have to disable "Block fragmented IP datagrams" in V2.4 to get KAD to work properly.
http://forums.comodo.com/help_for_v2/emule_kademila_connection_problem_search_with_network_monitor-t1121.0.html;msg22697#msg22697
And you should also allow some ICMP messages like "PORT UNREACHABLE", "HOST UNREACHABLE" and "NET UNREACHABLE".
http://forums.comodo.com/empty-t9118.0.html

Question:
Do you need to change the "Intrusion Detection" settings in the "Advanced Attack Prevention" section? eMule is allowed to create up to 500 simultaneous connections and I fear the default "Intrusion Detection" settings could limit eMule's speed in some way!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 02:02:46 PM by Thomas_Serail »

soyabeaner

« Reply #227 on: January 02, 2008, 04:00:17 PM »
Moderators are volunteers users like yourself, not Comodo staff, and no, you don't need ICMP.  That's just purely something that many have found to be convenient and might speed things up in p2p.

You don't need to change the intrusion detection.  That options is for how often your computer/ip is scanned by the internet or whoever.  The # of connections currently active is a separate issue, otherwise there'll be many p2p users who would've complained about that.

Fragmented datagrams - to be honest, I haven't noticed any speed difference with it enabled or disabled.  Every setup isn't necessarily the same.  Could work for mine, but not for yours, etc.

Offline vmahabs

« Reply #228 on: January 11, 2008, 12:25:36 PM »
Hello all!
This is my first post : I  am now  attempting to use emule and u torrent, however I am experiencing severe problems.
I am using an Axess.Tel 1xEVDO router ; I have configured  port forwarding as prescribed but  the ports will not connect  under test.

I am trying to follow the  tutorials from  Pandlouk,  where is the network monitor?
As you  probably guessed  I am an amateur  to these things.
Looking forward to  your replies
Thank you

Offline Little Mac

• Forum Volunteer
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • The Colonel told me to.
« Reply #229 on: January 11, 2008, 03:12:17 PM »
I am trying to follow the  tutorials from  Pandlouk,  where is the network monitor?
Welcome, vmahabs!  This thread is for v2.4 of CFP, where Network Monitor is found by going to Security/Network Monitor.

It sounds like you may be using v3, where things are a bit different (the concept is similar, the layout is changed).
here's pandlouk's tutorial for uT on CFP v3.  https://forums.comodo.com/frequently_asked_questions_faq_for_comodo_firewall/tutorial_for_utorrent_with_comodo_firewall_3-t15677.0.html

and here's for emule.
https://forums.comodo.com/frequently_asked_questions_faq_for_comodo_firewall/tutorial_for_emule_with_comodo_firewall_3-t14735.0.html

Hope that helps,

LM
These forums are focused on providing help and improvement for Comodo products.  Please treat other users with respect and make a positive contribution.  Thanks.
Forum Policy

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek