Author Topic: A Note To Gamers  (Read 112813 times)

Offline jccm

Re: A Note To Gamers
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2008, 08:52:41 PM »
Ok, problem solved.  My friend's game needed a patch.  It's the simplest things that get overlooked.

Vettetech

« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2008, 09:00:57 PM »
LOL. Well that goes without saying. Gotta keep things up to date. Reason why I play my 360 now instead of my pc. Live is so much easier and better.

Xman

« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2008, 11:22:09 AM »
Hi Vette, I don't have much to learn, I  already knew your built in Firewall on your Gateway modem would protect you from inbound traffic intrusions, but your outbound requests are treated by Comodos' Firewall which I also suspected. Nothing new there, the real question is whether you really need your modems' built in firewall which I like to think is software driven instead of just using Comodos' firewall by disabling your modems firewall thru its' software.

Rgds
Xman :Beer (:KWL)

Vettetech

« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2008, 11:52:36 AM »
No its not software driven. Its the same thing as a firewall in a router. A hardware firewall is better protection then any software can give you. There is no software running cause its built into the modem itself. Ask around and you will see. There are tons of people who only use there hardware modem for defense. Do some research and you will see.

Offline sixpack

Battlefield 2
« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2008, 03:13:13 PM »
How and where do i configure where i shall put the incomin ports for the game...i have made a portforwarding in my router and now i must put all the port in Comodo Firewall Pro,but i dont know how and where....its not that simple i think. Is here any picture guide or something like that to follow? I have tryed portforward.com but they have an old comodo firewall to show....my version is 3.0.25.378

Vettetech

Re: Battlefield 2
« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2008, 05:22:59 PM »
You do not need to port forward BattleField 2 if you already di that in your router. Just read my gamers thread.

http://forums.comodo.com/frequently_asked_questions_faq_for_comodo_firewall/a_note_to_gamers-t20008.0.html

Offline sixpack

« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2008, 08:52:02 PM »
Ok thanks for you info,but when i shall connect to the bf2 server the message is "the server has refuse the connection!...and what i can figure out of this is that the ports is wrong....or you maybe know?

Vettetech

« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2008, 08:57:25 PM »
My 2Wire Gateway Modem has Battlefield 2 support and many other games so I didn't have to port forward my hardware firewall. Do your Comodo logs say anything is being block? Modders please move this to my gaming thread.

Offline sixpack

« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2008, 05:06:11 AM »
Well the issue was peerguardian who stopped me from launch battlefield 2 online,not Comodo Firewall Pro (:CLP). Now i know that i must turn off peerguardian when i will paly online. Thanks again Vettetech for your info!!

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek