Author Topic: A Note To Gamers  (Read 112819 times)

Offline panic

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Linux is free only if your time is worthless.;-)
Re: A Note To Gamers
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2008, 04:55:28 PM »
I'm not quite sure where to put this, but I'm getting annoyed at the whole situation altogether.

I'm a gamer who plays Halo Custom Edition cracked.........

ROFL

You don't support the software industry, but you expect it to support you. Bit rude, don't you think?? 88)

Ewen :-)
As your mums would say, "If you can't play nice with all the other kiddies, go home".
All users are asked to please read and abide by the  Comodo Forum Policy.
If you can't conform, don't use the forum.

Vettetech

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2008, 05:00:54 PM »
Thank you Panic. Every game I ever played looks for your serial number when you go online. Especially any Steam game.

StarryKnight

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2008, 04:12:49 PM »
That comment shud show him the way Panic !! kill piracy!!!how do people accept cracked software to be safe??  :-[

Vettetech

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2008, 04:39:27 PM »
I ran " no cd" cracks but thats only after I install a game. I don't feel like inserting a cd or dvd just to play  a game so I make an ISO image of the exe file from the cd and ran the game that way. you can also download a crack from mega games which is legal. You need the game first and when you patch the game you need the original exe sometimes. Also when you patch a game it will automaticlly delete that crack then prompt you to install the cd.

Offline Wolfseye

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2008, 08:06:13 AM »
I am loosing my mind. I cannot play my favourite Games anymore online since i installed CFP. For example:

Urban Terror (free Game / total Conversion (stand alone) for Quake 3 -> www.urbanterror.net)
Quake 3
Warsow

I allowed these Games in CFP with everything I could find, but when it comes to connecting to a ONLINE Server, no chance. :( Any tips are greatly appreciated, because I am so close before deinstalling CFP. :(

Wolfseye

Vettetech

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2008, 11:39:03 AM »
I play hundreds of games and never one issue. Try deleting all entires of your games in the firewall and D+ and setting both D+ and th firewall to training mode then reboot. Launch your games. Works for me in WOW,COD2,BF2,BF2142,COD4,TF2,HL2,Q4,Quake Wars,TimeShift, Trackmania,C&C3 and many more. After you play a game for a bit look under Firewall\Advanced\Network Security Policy and make all games trusted. Then go to D+\Advanced\Computer Security Policy and make all games there trusted. Also be sure PunkBusters A and B is trusted in both the firewall and D+.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 11:45:17 AM by Vettetech »

Vettetech

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2008, 11:55:29 AM »
The first thing I do after installing Comodo is manually add my games to the firewall and D+ as trusted programs. This takes a bit but works also.

Offline razor74

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2008, 06:16:17 AM »
In many situations when firewall and D+ learn the game you tray to play some popups screen not apear in front of back image (of the game) and users cannot answer to that popup  and firewall block that action. Some games not alow ALT+TAB switching, to see popups screens from firewall, and some users do not know how to create a set of rules for games they ptry to play. It is welcome an option similar to instalation mode for games.

Vettetech

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2008, 06:52:33 AM »
All you have to do is manually add your games exe's to the firewall and D+. Thats what I do.

Offline razor74

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2008, 07:33:44 AM »
Not all users are so "smart" like as. You must think at a user friendly mode to create/alow  rules for games and not only. This kind of users prefer to uninstal CFP when they encounter a problem about imposibility to start a game or any aplication where is necesary to manually create rules. And in the "comunity" , users that dislike to create rules for aplications - migrate to other firewalls and blame COMODO for false problems...

Vettetech

« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2008, 09:33:00 AM »
I don't create rules. All my games are trusted. No specific in or outs. Simply read the help file and you will learn alot. Go to Firewall\Advanced\Network Security Policy and click "add". Migrate to the games exe. Do the same with D+.

Offline razor74

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2008, 09:44:01 AM »
For me it's not a problem. For other users it maybe a problem...

Offline nugar

• Comodo Member
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2008, 08:59:19 PM »
I'm trying to play a game called Shaiya, it is in the trusted applications section but everytime I try to run the game it re-boots my system, this only happens with CFP, any other firewall it will run fine, anyone got any ideas on what settings will have to be made to stop this from happening.

Vettetech

« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2008, 09:13:12 PM »
Never heard o0f that game. I play more popular games but if that game uses gamegaurd see here.

http://forums.comodo.com/help_for_v3/gameguard_comodo_computer_reboot-t22237.0.html

Offline loverboy

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2008, 03:39:55 AM »
Somewhere in the thread dedicated to "online gaming" I read the comment "if you allow IP in from ANY IP from ANY port to ANY post" then it is like you have no firewall and it is dangerous.
So my question comes from a general lack of knowledge about firewalls and, anyway, has a bit of reference with what was said here about "training mode".

in the moment I set my GAME-A as a trusted application I'm allowing all incoming and outgoing connections from any IP to any IP.So my first question is "Doing that way, I'm allowing all incoming and outgoing connections etc. etc ... in my PC wherever they come from? Even if I set svchost or System as Outgoing only?
In brief what blocks a connection coming from everywhere and directed to my PC made by someone that wants to take possession of my PC 88) in the moment that I run my GAME-A that lets enter "all incoming... from ANY IP to ANY IP"?
If someone wants to enter in my PC and, let's say, format my C: drive, is it possible that he could make it while a "trusted game" is running?
Sorry if the question is stupid :a0

The second question is about "training mode".
In the moment that I set COMODO firewall to "training mode", I think it starts learning about ALL the programs that are running in that moment (I mean also svchost, System and all the other applications running in that moment) and not only for my GAME-A (that I want to tune)
So at the end of the "2 minutes of training mode" I should verify that, apart from the game that I wanted to tune, no other unwanted rules were learned for other applications.
Am I right?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 05:58:34 AM by hullboy »
Windows 10 Home 64bit
NOD32 Antivirus 16.0.26.0
COMODO Firewall 12.2.2.8012
Configuration: Proactive Security
Firewall: Custom Ruleset
HIPS: Disabled
Auto-Sandbox: Disabled

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek