PCRE Errors started again

Rule 74467e8 [id “220020”][file “/var/cpanel/cwaf/rules/cwaf_05.conf”][line “65”] - Execution error - PCRE limits exceeded (-8): (null).

I can confirm several errors with ruleset 0.45. Should we just raise the pcre limits, or just exclude the ids?

Please upgrade your mod_security version if it’s possible. The latest version is 2.7.7. Also increase SecPcreMatchLimit and SecPcreMatchLimitRecursion in file modsec.conf up to 500000. Max these parameters value is 10000000.

I am also getting the exact same error, using latest mod_sec 2.7.7 and increased the values as mentioned. Should I turn the rule off?

In this case it is the most simple variant.

Do you see a lot of such errors?

Basically, it’s not a critical, these errors occur only during processing of certain rules. The others rules work correct.

It happens also on our servers.
Upgraded to the latest rules and agent version and increased the both PCRE Match Limit and Recursion value to 1000000.

The problem is, it block one of our Paypal callback php scripts and, not matter what I am trying, PayPal IPN report a 406 error.
I also disabled the rule locally to this account but it doesn’t help either.

I recommend you contact Comodo Support to resolve issue (Select WAF Department): https://support.comodo.com/index.php?_m=tickets&_a=submit

You may attach log files and provide more information about your system in the ticket.