agent errors.

Hello,

Two issues when trying to install the agent on cpanel 11.40.1.8.

First upon choosing 1) Cpanel installation
I get this on perl module check
Missing perl module JSON
Missing perl module JSON::XS
Install missing perl dependencies
Installation aborted

So I installed the modules from CPAN.

After installation when I try to use the WHM plugin I get:
Software error:

Can’t locate Comodo/CWAF/Cpanel.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/cpanel /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8 .) at /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/addon_cwaf.cgi line 23.
BEGIN failed–compilation aborted at /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/addon_cwaf.cgi line 23.

Hello,

A quick fix is to add the following line to the file /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/addon_cwaf.cgi

BEGIN { unshift [at]INC, '/var/cpanel/cwaf/modules'; }

right after line 1.

I have had similar issues, which are being discussed here at the moment: https://forums.comodo.com/general-discussion-off-topic-anything-and-everything/web-application-firewall-free-modsecurity-rules-t100581.0.html;msg729274#msg729274 (a mod should probably move the relevant posts to the CWAF subforum - so that the discussion continues here).

Hello

Please run this:
ls -l /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/

And send output here or save in pastebin ?

Also, please note that wherever you see “[at]INC” it’s actually the “at” symbol, and not [at]. It seems like the forum automatically changes that.

Thanks.

Thanks to your post I did get it working.

Hi,

i’m having this error too:

Software error:
Can’t locate Comodo/CWAF/Cpanel.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/cpanel /usr/local/lib64/perl5 /usr/local/share/perl5 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib64/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 .) at /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/addon_cwaf.cgi line 24.
BEGIN failed–compilation aborted at /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/addon_cwaf.cgi line 24.

For help, please send mail to this site’s webmaster, giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

If I choose to install “standalone scripts” , give me this error:

Try to install standalone scripts
Apache HTTPD not installed, exit.
Installation aborted

we have new rules v0.32 launched…and new cpanel plugin is being launched early next week…
hopefully all the problems will be cleared :slight_smile: