Author Topic: Windows asking for CIS firewall to be turned on  (Read 566 times)

Offline Turk42

Windows asking for CIS firewall to be turned on
« on: May 08, 2019, 02:29:54 PM »
I have Windows 7 and recently the action centre says my CIS firewall version 12.0.0.6818 is turned off.Any idea why and is it safe to access the internet.

Cheers

Offline glomax

Re: Windows asking for CIS firewall to be turned on
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2019, 01:57:16 AM »
I've been having the same problem. After reboot or cold start action center will complain both Windows Firewall and Comodo are off. When you click on the option to turn on Comodo nothing seems to happen. Comodo appears to be on because I still get alerts even though Windows says it is off.

I've uninstalled Comodo Firewall three times having to resort to the uninstall tool. I've rebooted the system five or six times since reinstalling it today and so far so good.

I wish Comodo would go back to stand-alone (offline) installs to make it easier to go back to a previous version. System restore kept failing so I couldn't go back that way. My option is to do a disaster recovery backup from December and reinstall any programs or updates I've done since then.

I also had to redo my configuration as the old configurations don't seem compatible. I had to redo my network zones, file groups, protected objects, retrain all HIPS rules and trust levels. Importing a configuration from earlier versions didn't help.

Offline Mathi R

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo Loves me
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2019, 06:24:29 AM »

Hi Turk42 & glomax,

It's a known issue, our developers are working on it.

Offline afarlie

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2019, 02:35:51 AM »
Noting this is a Known issue   8) , and that your developers are working on this so I  but I've been seeing the same issue on Windows 7.

My thought was that somehow a portion of the registry had got badly re-written or corrupted by another application ( I also use Spybot Search and Destroy from Safer Networking.), because I also sometimes get a message from Mozilla Thuderbird (an e-mail client) about it not recalling it's "integration" status.   Having done frequent virus scans, (And I would assume CIS does it own internal checks as well.) I think I can rule out it being a third party malware causing the problem.  I've also had some "unexpected" display driver crashes and this may be were the registry concerns may have occured.

(Aside:  A tool to examine the registry directly for suspect entries would be useful , Cleaning Essentials does some of this already.)

Offline damole

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2019, 10:54:33 PM »
I have just started to experience this issue.  I am using Windows 10 x64 1809.  I've had it in the past but not lately until now.

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2019, 06:36:22 PM »
If CIS reports it is running it is running.

Windows Security Center is nothing but a dashboard that brings status reports of security programs in one place. The communication between SC and security programs is not always working properly. WSC has no added value.

So when CIS reports it is working follow that and disregard WSC. Then there is just a communication issue. Comodo is looking into the communication issues.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 06:55:05 PM by EricJH »

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek