Author Topic: Should I disable Windows Firewall with CIS [Merged]  (Read 7759 times)

Offline John Buchanan

• "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Personal Dragons can be defeated. Improve yourself
Re: Should I disable Windows Firewall with CIS [Merged]
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2018, 04:16:18 PM »
Turn off the firewall, but leave the service running. 
Installation did turn off the firewall on mine..
Please follow Comodo Forum Policy

Bah! Ban 'em all! The only good member is a banned member
And a member is just a policy violator who hasn't been caught yet. >:-D

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2018, 06:00:22 PM »
Windows Firewall should be turned off by the installer but it forgets it more often than not. You will have to manually turn off Windows Firewall in Control Panel.

The Windows Firewall Service otoh needs to run.

Offline Cavehomme

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2018, 07:38:50 AM »
Thanks for the replies.

I have some kind of odd conflict ongoing, regardless of whether the Win 10 firewall is turned on or off, and regardless of whether pro-active or firewall configs are used. The symptoms are that some MS office and other applications become "sticky", there's often a pause of a few seconds when carrying out an action, particularly minimising say Excel windows or closing the app.

It may also have something to do with accessing Dropbox, but the issue is significantly worse when CFW is installed than with it fully removed and just basic WF + WD running.

I'll hunt around to see if I can find any posts on this, but any pointers / suggestions are appreciated, thanks. Happy for this to be moved to another thread.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 07:40:47 AM by Cavehomme »

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2018, 12:05:06 PM »
Could you please start a topic about the problems with MS Office in the Defense+ / Sandbox Help - CIS board? And start a separate topic about dropbox in Firewall Help - CIS (assumimg it is the network firewall causing the issues)? Please provide us with detailed description and observations.

Offline Cavehomme

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2018, 12:55:54 PM »
Could you please start a topic about the problems with MS Office in the Defense+ / Sandbox Help - CIS board? And start a separate topic about dropbox in Firewall Help - CIS (assumimg it is the network firewall causing the issues)? Please provide us with detailed description and observations.

Eric, fortunately it's nothing to do with CFW, I discovered a problem in another app, a password filler. Incidentally CFW HIPS was alerting me to it but I thought nothing of it. It's now restricted and problem solved. Apologies for confusion.

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2018, 05:25:09 PM »
No problem. Thank you for reporting back to us. :)

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek