Author Topic: Firewall showing no traffic despite multiple programs running  (Read 579 times)

Offline User42538

Hello folks,

for some reason my CFW traffic monitor is only showing Spotify and nothing else, despite me allowing several programs that I'm currently using, that all use internet connectivity.
I've tried with multiple online Steam games, as well as Adobe products, and even my internet browser. I'd appreciate some assistance with this.

Thank you.

Offline User42538

Re: Firewall showing no traffic despite multiple programs running
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2021, 10:27:51 AM »
I noticed that Windows Firewall was still on and had some programs allowed through there, so I reset it to default and switched it off.
Now I'm only running CFW (which I removed all the rules from so I could start from scratch), but even after allowing Steam and Firefox, neither show up in the traffic monitor.

If using a VPN, would all the traffic be routed through the VPN first, and thus the VPN connection would be the only one showing up in the monitor? I tend to think this may be the case as I'm downloading a Steam game at approximately 20mb a second, and my VPN is showing about 20mb a second inbound. If this is the case though, doesn't it make monitoring inbound/outbound traffic somewhat less effective? And again, if this is the case, why is Spotify the only application that shows up in the traffic monitor besides the VPN?

Offline HC

• Comodo Member
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2021, 11:26:12 AM »
Which VPN are you using? Is it ProtonVPN?

Offline jay2007tech

• Malware Research Group
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2021, 04:52:02 PM »
If this is the case though, doesn't it make monitoring inbound/outbound traffic somewhat less effective? And again, if this is the case, why is Spotify the only application that shows up in the traffic monitor besides the VPN?

Since I cant see what you see,  so let try this

Go to comodo interface Click "Tasks"   --->  Cick "Containment Tasks  ----> Click "Watch Activity" 
Now "Kill Switch" pops up.  On the bottom right screen of that program shows the version number.  Click the "Blue and Yellow shield Icon" (very small icon)
It'll ask if it can restart Kill Switch in Admin mode" Click "yes"  Its not required but why not :)
Now Cick on the "Network" Tab

Done :)

It'll look like this picture if done right (must be logged in to see the pic)

Also
I noticed that Windows Firewall was still on and had some programs allowed through there,
Disable Windows firewall (Domain,Public,Private) Anything allowed in windows firewall(corrected) will be allowed by Comodo.  So lets deal with only 1 firewall instead of 2  If given a choice to disable windows firewall or comodo firewall.  I recommend windows firewall to be disabled.  Plus you save some cpu cycles but thats not the point >:-D

Bonuses points - If you like KillSwitch beter then Windows task manager you can replace it by going to killswitch  Click on "Options"  click on replace task manager
« Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 04:28:24 PM by jay2007tech »
It's hard being a crooked Admin when the files won't pass an md5checksum test.  But like any other good crooked Admin it can be done, it just takes time(and lots of it) and a few aspirins

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek