Author Topic: Comodo Firewall and System Restore  (Read 23691 times)

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: Comodo Firewall and System Restore
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2010, 11:29:31 AM »
That post was from May 2008 and says the following:
There are two simple methods to get rid of this problem: either you download the latest version of the application (which, by the way, was released today for both Home and Professional editions) or you disable the Avast self-protection

Offline eliuri

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2010, 12:22:03 PM »
That post was from May 2008 and says the following:
"There are two simple methods to get rid of this problem: either you download the latest version of the application (which, by the way, was released today for both Home and Professional editions) or you disable the Avast self-protection"

Thanks Eric.

But that same problem is described by Avast users last month, so apparently that upgrade didn't completely resolve this issue.

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=57808.0

« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 12:24:43 PM by eliuri »

Offline debroos

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2010, 12:30:12 PM »
Thanks for that Eliuri

I suspect it may have been Avast.  Since  uninstalling it I have checked the restore function on both of my machines and they work ok.  The Microsoft Security Essentials has fairly good reports and seems ok at the minute.  I may give Avast another go at some other time with the recommended tweak. :)

Offline eliuri

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2010, 12:36:26 PM »
Thanks debroos:

Curious if it will do the trick for you, as I'm considering that very combo: Comodo Firewall and Avast!

Trying to get as clearer a sense of this before uninstalling my present security suite because of this very issue.

Offline MetalShaun

• Comodo's Hero
    • Mw Computers
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2010, 08:54:12 AM »
i have never used avast on this comp or my second one or my GF's and they all had the system restore problem with Comodo.

Cheers
Shaun

Offline eliuri

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2010, 09:05:10 AM »
i have never used avast on this comp or my second one or my GF's and they all had the system restore problem with Comodo.

Cheers
Shaun

=======================

Were you and her using just the  Comodo Firewall in CIS or the Comodo FW+AV?

Offline MetalShaun

• Comodo's Hero
    • Mw Computers
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2010, 09:12:18 AM »
=======================

Were you and her using just the  Comodo Firewall in CIS or the Comodo FW+AV?

Like i said in my previous posts its with the AV, thinks its still problem with sfi.dat. i just made the above post  because there was talk that Avast caused the problem.

Cheers

Offline HeffeD

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2010, 02:16:37 PM »
Like i said in my previous posts its with the AV, thinks its still problem with sfi.dat. i just made the above post  because there was talk that Avast caused the problem.

No, the talk was that Avast caused the problem because the user who had the issue wasn't using the AV in CIS. The user was saying that a firewall only installation of CIS also caused system restore issues, which wasn't the case. The problem in this instance was Avast.

Offline MetalShaun

• Comodo's Hero
    • Mw Computers
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2010, 09:15:37 AM »
I was think about comodo bugs today and decided to check my system restore again since am now running a new computer. And it actually went without a hitch. Its strange, Like Heffed mentioned, that only some circumstances prevent system restore from running.

Cheers
Shaun

[attachment deleted by admin]

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek