Author Topic: COMODO Firewall Pro 3.0.23.364 Released!--EGEMEN [CLOSED]  (Read 107845 times)

Offline KoRn

• Comodo's Hero
COMODO Firewall Pro 3.0.23.364 Released!--EGEMEN [CLOSED]
« on: May 22, 2008, 06:55:22 PM »
I clicked on to let it update. Got at 6% and then it quit. Opened cpf and checked for updates. It says there is none. Should I just uninstall and reinstall it with the newest version? I would rather not do that due to me losing my settings. But, if it is suggested to uninstall the current version when a new one is released. I can do that. 
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 04:10:04 AM by LeoniAquila »

Xman

Re: Just prompted for a new version update?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 07:16:48 PM »
Hi all, If you've got .349 it should now update to .364 which I'm installing via update now, several significant fixes.
Xman
 :BNC

Offline KoRn

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 07:21:49 PM »
It updated fine now. I forgot to switch to install mode and put d+ in training.

Xman

New update to CPF
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 07:22:05 PM »
Version 3.0.23.364 : 22nd May, 2008
NEW! COMODO SafeSurf Toolbar built on COMODO Memory Firewall technology
FIXED! COMODO Firewall does not add files from network shares to pending list
FIXED! COMODO Firewall does not log incoming ICMP packets properly
FIXED! COMODO Firewall blocks everything when password protection is OFF and suppress options are ON
FIXED! COMODO Firewall does not terminate active connections properly
FIXED! COMODO Firewall firewall driver can not be installed properly in Vista operating systems
FIXED! COMODO Firewall can be terminated when Windows XP is being shutdown
FIXED! COMODO Firewall GUI does not appear properly on Windows Vista operating systems
FIXED! COMODO Firewall GUI can truncate texts in 120 DPI
FIXED! COMODO Firewall does not handle long filename properly
FIXED! COMODO Firewall does not update the version correctly after being updated
FIXED! COMODO Firewall crashes on exit
FIXED! COMODO Firewall can cause BSODs when gameprotect rootkit triggers its self defense
FIXED! COMODO Firewall can not verify digital signatures
FIXED! Small problems in GUI
IMPROVED! Clean PC Mode and Safe Mode: Improvements that lead to small number of alerts and pending files
IMPROVED! Default Security policy so that Windows Updates do not lead to significant alerts

Just updated from .349 to .364
Perfect, thanks guys!

Xman
 :BNC (:CLP)

sded

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 07:25:12 PM »
Installed fine for me via update with Vista SP1.  Don't seem to be directly affected by the fixes, but didn't obviously to break anything either.  Retained settings, but was a large replacement and required a reboot.  :)

Xman

CPF Update to V3.0.23.364 Available now!
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2008, 07:36:18 PM »
Update through CPF V3.0.22.349 to 3.0.23.364, many improvements see via the details, thanks guys!
Xman
 (:KWL)

Offline mattsen

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2008, 07:42:06 PM »
FWIW, my update first crapped out at about 83%, but the second attempt went smoothly and quickly. Post update/install the initial required reboot stalled at some halfway point with the PC unresponsive at the desktop and had to hard reboot the machine. Next boot went smoothly, with everything operational. Since then, no problems, knock wood.

Offline egemen

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
COMODO Firewall Pro 3.0.23.364 Released!
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2008, 07:53:49 PM »
Hi Guys,

I would like to announce the availability of COMODO Firewall Pro 3.0.23.364. Previous versions should be able to update themselves through automatic updates.

Download locations:
----------------------------

32-bit Setup(Available in English language only)
http://download.comodo.com/cfp/download/setups/CFP_Setup_3.0.23.364_XP_Vista_x32.exe
Size: 18.0 MB (18,932,992 bytes)
MD5: 1413477dd271f5992c8546b0495e36e4
SHA1: 95993ab27b62a9eb7f74004e8f6a3ae128578332

64-bit Setup (Available in English language only)
http://download.comodo.com/cfp/download/setups/CFP_Setup_3.0.23.364_XP_Vista_x64.exe
Size: 28.2 MB (29,597,440 bytes)
MD5: ddf3fe70c9f0f172fbdbd5ab44297295
SHA1: 3de3ca51348ca3ec8614aa17a3785b49e8c658e7

Whats New in 3.0.23.364?
--------------------------------------
NEW! COMODO SafeSurf Toolbar built on COMODO Memory Firewall technology
FIXED! COMODO Firewall does not add files from network shares to pending list
FIXED! COMODO Firewall does not log incoming ICMP packets properly
FIXED! COMODO Firewall blocks everything when password protection is OFF and suppress options are ON
FIXED! COMODO Firewall does not terminate active connections properly
FIXED! COMODO Firewall firewall driver can not be installed properly in Vista operating systems
FIXED! COMODO Firewall can be terminated when Windows XP is being shutdown
FIXED! COMODO Firewall GUI does not appear properly on Windows Vista operating systems
FIXED! COMODO Firewall GUI can truncate texts in 120 DPI
FIXED! COMODO Firewall does not handle long filename properly
FIXED! COMODO Firewall does not update the version correctly after being updated
FIXED! COMODO Firewall crashes on exit
FIXED! COMODO Firewall can cause BSODs when gameprotect rootkit triggers its self defense
FIXED! COMODO Firewall can not verify digital signatures
FIXED! Small problems in GUI
IMPROVED! Clean PC Mode and Safe Mode: Improvements that lead to small number of alerts and pending files
IMPROVED! Default Security policy so that Windows Updates do not lead to significant alerts

Xman

Yo egeman, elaborate please on Safe Surf Toolbar please, is it apart or incorporated? How does one see it?
Thanks in advance
Xman
 (:NRD)

Offline Thunderbear

• Comodo's Hero
  • A little sense of humour makes everything easier.
Re: COMODO Firewall Pro 3.0.23.364 Released!--EGEMAN
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2008, 08:18:50 PM »
Updates and runs flawless.

:BNC
Don't be afraid, I'm very nice sometimes. And also absent-minded.
CIS 11.0.0.6744, Win-7 swe hidden behind a NAT-router.

Vettetech

Re: COMODO Firewall Pro 3.0.23.364 Released!--EGEMAN
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2008, 08:30:40 PM »
No need for install mode when your updating Comodo itself. Updates went fine on both my pc's. No need for uninstall and reinstall. Good work Melih and team members.

Offline MikeH

• Comodo Loves me
Yo egeman, elaborate please on Safe Surf Toolbar please, is it apart or incorporated? How does one see it?
Thanks in advance
Xman

From the help file:

STEP 8: Install Comodo SafeSurf Browser Toolbar
The Comodo SafeSurf Toolbar protects against data theft, computer crashes and system damage by preventing most types of Buffer Overflow attacks. This type of attack occurs when a malicious program or script deliberately sends more data to a target applications memory buffer than the buffer can handle - which can be exploited to create a back door to the system though which a hacker can gain access. Comodo developed the SafeSurf Toolbar explicitly to protect end-users from these kinds of attacks whilst they browse the Internet. After installation, the program will monitor and protect the memory space of all applications that are running on your system and immediately block any buffer overflow attacks. Apart from providing another essential layer of protection, the toolbar also provides one-click access to news, search, shopping; a built in pop-up blocker; is compatible with all major browsers and can be separately uninstalled or disabled at any time after installation.

After reviewing the EULA and installation options, click 'Next' to continue.

Regards,
Mike

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
Thanks in advance
Xman

you have to uninstall and then install the new version to take advantage of the SafeSurf toolbar. Just updating from old version does not enable it I am afraid.

We have some clever patent pending technology that we have been able to incorporate into this toolbar that puts BO protection right inside the browser - Where you need it most!!! So with this toolbar we have been able to enable BO protection for distribution with CFP.

thanks
Melih

Offline panic

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Linux is free only if your time is worthless.;-)
Re: COMODO Firewall Pro 3.0.23.364 Released!--EGEMEN
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2008, 10:13:02 PM »
WooHoo!  ^_^ The TAB and SPACE keys can now be used to navigate the UI of CFP and the alerts.

BooHoo!  >:( The field order in the alert dialogues is not logical (it jumps from the selected action (Allow etc.) to OK to CANCEL before it goes to the remember field) and the highlight is not sufficient to tell where the focus is a lot of the time.

A step in the right direction at least.

Ewen :-)
As your mums would say, "If you can't play nice with all the other kiddies, go home".
All users are asked to please read and abide by the  Comodo Forum Policy.
If you can't conform, don't use the forum.

soyabeaner

Re: COMODO Firewall Pro 3.0.23.364 Released!--EGEMEN
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2008, 10:17:48 PM »
So this is the famous version that integrates CMF? :-TU  The only question is what does shopping (the toolbar) have to do with security ???

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek