Author Topic: COMODO Firewall Pro 3.0.23.364 Released!--EGEMEN [CLOSED]  (Read 107898 times)

Offline weaker

• Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: COMODO Firewall Pro 3.0.23.364 Released!--EGEMEN
« Reply #75 on: May 23, 2008, 12:43:31 PM »
[at]Melih:
I just want to get my facts straight:

If I don't need/want the toolbar or have an unsupported browser, I can still run CMF and install CFP without toolbar, is that correct?
And will CMF be available seperately or will it be absorbed by the toolbar completely once it is mature enough?
As CMF offers protection to all apps it should be more powerful than a toolbar that is inactive if the browser is closed.

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #76 on: May 23, 2008, 12:49:54 PM »
[ at ]Melih:
I just want to get my facts straight:

If I don't need/want the toolbar or have an unsupported browser, I can still run CMF and install CFP without toolbar, is that correct?
And will CMF be available seperately or will it be absorbed by the toolbar completely once it is mature enough?
As CMF offers protection to all apps it should be more powerful than a toolbar that is inactive if the browser is closed.

You can install CFP without toolbar, yes!
You can install CMF (Beta), yes!
CMF when matured will be available seperately at some stage. As to whether it fits into toolbar or the CFP is still in disucssion, however the CMF technology inside the toolbar does fit inside the toolbar as it protects just the browser from BO.
CMF (beta) does offer protection to all apps. The browser version only offers protection to the browser.

thanks
Melih

Offline giraffe

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #77 on: May 23, 2008, 01:26:30 PM »
Doesn't work in Opera. I am sure COMODO will update the browser compatible list in future release(s).

I can confirm it works in: IE 7 & Firefox 2.
Josh

Thanks Josh. Looking at the pic. of the toolbar, I'm not sure about the amount of space it takes - my setup has a lot already.
W7 Pro SP1
Comodo IS
Pale Moon
SAS and MBAM on-demand.

Offline Sr Lluny

• Product Translator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • I use only the best, I use Comodo firewall
« Reply #78 on: May 23, 2008, 01:56:13 PM »
I uninstalled the add-on, i can remember the name, because with CMF i can allow  PORSCHE ICD(file from NFS Porsche 2000/Unleased. CMF detects this file(or his process) as an atac, but is a FP. With the add-on, i can alloww that process and play that game.
If in the next update there is that option, i'll reinstall the add on.

Offline tcarrbrion

• Star Group
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: COMODO Firewall Pro 3.0.23.364 Released!
« Reply #79 on: May 23, 2008, 02:38:58 PM »

IMPROVED! Default Security policy so that Windows Updates do not lead to significant alerts

Can someone tell us what is new in the default configuration please.

Offline weaker

• Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #80 on: May 23, 2008, 02:58:17 PM »
Thank you Melih for your swift replies!
I hope that CMF will be integrated into CFP because my firewall is always-on while my browser is not. And because I loathe third-party toolbars. Even if it is from Comodo I wouldn't install the toolbar just for browser protection. (OK, I could hide the toolbar and protection is still active but I prefer the clean way to have CMF running not depending on the browser.)

Vettetech

Re: COMODO Firewall Pro 3.0.23.364 Released!
« Reply #81 on: May 23, 2008, 03:09:57 PM »
Can someone tell us what is new in the default configuration please.

If you just installed Comodo it already is at default.

Firewall = safe mode
D+ = Clean PC mode

Offline khagaroth

• Product Translator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #82 on: May 23, 2008, 03:32:27 PM »
That's not what he meant, what he (and I too) wants to know, is what new rules were added to the default configuration to lessen alerts on WU. The new rules should be mentioned in the changelog, as if you do an update the rules wont be updated and the only way to get them is to add them manually (not mentioning what changed doesn't help here) or do a fresh install. It's a big problem of the current updater.

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #83 on: May 23, 2008, 04:06:21 PM »
That's not what he meant, what he (and I too) wants to know, is what new rules were added to the default configuration to lessen alerts on WU. The new rules should be mentioned in the changelog, as if you do an update the rules wont be updated and the only way to get them is to add them manually (not mentioning what changed doesn't help here) or do a fresh install. It's a big problem of the current updater.

its not about rules, but about adding different logic that sometimes change the lessening of alerts.

Melih

Offline fazio93

• Comodo Volunteer
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #84 on: May 23, 2008, 04:13:47 PM »
Reinstalled to latest version with SafeSurf. Running fine.

Thanks!  (V)
Please remember to follow the Forum Policy.

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #85 on: May 23, 2008, 04:17:05 PM »
Reinstalled to latest version with SafeSurf. Running fine.

Thanks!  (V)

Thank you for your support guys!

This SafeSurf toolbar is a way to support Comodo's efforts in expanding and speeding security and authentication tools we provide! The more you support Comodo thru our SafeSurf toolbar the more we can give back! Literally every penny we make from this goes straight back into our development teams so that we can expand them even further!

Thank you for your support!

Melih

Offline fazio93

• Comodo Volunteer
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #86 on: May 23, 2008, 04:20:44 PM »
Thank you for your support guys!

This SafeSurf toolbar is a way to support Comodo's efforts in expanding and speeding security and authentication tools we provide! The more you support Comodo thru our SafeSurf toolbar the more we can give back! Literally every penny we make from this goes straight back into our development teams so that we can expand them even further!

Thank you for your support!

Melih

It was kind of funny. I had never imported my setting before. When I imported them and saw that it didn't work I almost has a heart attack. Then I realized I had to "Select" the configuration. At least I know for next time.

(R)

Offline khagaroth

• Product Translator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #87 on: May 23, 2008, 04:29:44 PM »
Logs still don't work on some localized (Czech in my case) versions of Windows. Still the same problem  - CFP is trying to write into a nonexisting folder - it doesn't like the localized name of Application Data folder - Data Aplikací in Czech, it is trying to write into Data Aplikac instead (and obviously fails) and that's also causing GUI freezing. Combined with D+ and therefore the unability to kill cfp.exe, the only way out of this is a restart. It's there for a long time (last working version is 3.0.15), was already reported, and not once, so I'm a bit disappointed that it wasn't fixed yet.

Offline fazio93

• Comodo Volunteer
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #88 on: May 23, 2008, 04:37:47 PM »
Just wondering, why does SafeSurf have its own task bar icon. Why not incorporate it into the CFP GUI and have only one task bar icon. Plus, it can be accessed by the toolbar in your browser.   

EIDT:

this is a completely diff topic: if "clean my system" checks for updates, are those virus database updates?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 04:41:04 PM by fazio93 »

Offline zero-Q

« Reply #89 on: May 23, 2008, 06:00:47 PM »
I have a problem with the last version. I uninstalled the previous 1 and then when I tried to install this version, this error report appeared at the first install screen: "An unsupported operation was attempted", and there is no installation problem with the previous 1. I m using XP x64 as uptodate and there is no active any other security softwares. by the way both versions tell me there is an other firewall already installed agnitum, but it was unistalled and I tried to clean registery any other things as manual and help of other cleaning softwares but as I said this was not a problem with the previous 1.

kind regards

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek