Author Topic: COMODO Firewall Pro 3.0.23.364 Released!--EGEMEN [CLOSED]  (Read 107903 times)

Offline keith_thfc

• Comodo Member
Re: I want CMF in browser, DO NOT want another toolbar!!!!!!!!
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2008, 10:03:27 AM »
Sorry this is the kind of thing that is fairly called BLOATWARE.  I want security, not a search engine in my firewall.

Give the option of CMF without the clutter of adding a toolbar and you give the user choices. 

Here you FORCE me to have the  &*%#^ toolbar if I want the CMF technology. That's not the Comodo I know and love.
What happens if you install the toolbar and then just hide it from the browser view?

Will you still get the BO protection?

Josh123

« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2008, 10:13:02 AM »
What happens if you install the toolbar and then just hide it from the browser view?

Will you still get the BO protection?

No you won't. Needs to be fully active.

Josh

Offline Chizad24

Re: COMODO Firewall Pro 3.0.23.364 Released!--EGEMEN
« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2008, 10:18:19 AM »
BitDefender 2008 will also block installation of the toolbar (MyWebSearch). The idea of the toolbar is fine. and to all those people who are afraid that COMODO is installing adware onto your machine we need to remember that not everything labeled as adware is truly adware... programs such as mywebsearch can be perfectly safe programs or toolbars. However, most antimalware companies will label mywebsearch as adware solely because it installs itself along with other programs without the user knowing..... unless they read the very fine print.

Offline Searinox

• Comodo's Hero
  • Do you like fire? I'm full of it.
« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2008, 10:28:16 AM »
I honestly think it would have been a much better idea to include a phishing toolbar rather than a CMF clone.

Offline kail

• Randomly Appearing
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • The future is much like the present, only longer.
    • COMODO's free software!
« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2008, 10:33:29 AM »
Anti-Phishing maybe?
My System Details: W10Px64 with CIS 10 Beta, Firefox & Becky!
Forum Policy.
____
The problem is not the problems, the problem is people's attitude towards those problems.

Offline Chizad24

« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2008, 10:49:47 AM »
Only problem with that is I already have too many antiphishing options for my computer as it is. almost every FULL AV suite comes with one as well as the built-in option from Microsoft. My fear is that COMODO may start to conflict with other programs too much. Until COMODO makes a better AV I will still need to install other options like BitDefender. and those other options come with their own range of security utilities.

Offline Munemasa Katagiri

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2008, 10:58:16 AM »
Sorry this is the kind of thing that is fairly called BLOATWARE.  I want security, not a search engine in my firewall.

Give the option of CMF without the clutter of adding a toolbar and you give the user choices. 

Here you FORCE me to have the  &*%#^ toolbar if I want the CMF technology. That's not the Comodo I know and love.
Everybody is surrending... sad, but true... a lot of apps install tool bars along with them but, most of them have options to not install it. You can aways remove unwanted tool bars with stuff like HijackThis.

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2008, 11:00:17 AM »

We will, however CMF technology must mature further for us to incorporate it fully into CPF. What we have incorporated is a browser only version. CMF work is continuing..

Melih

Offline Stanr

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2008, 11:03:08 AM »
How big is the update (MB)?

I'm on a poor dialup service and loose my connection frequently. Then I have to start the update download over again, at least in the past this was the case.

Is there a place to download the update using a downlaod manager with a resumable download feature?

thanks

Offline Searinox

• Comodo's Hero
  • Do you like fire? I'm full of it.
« Reply #69 on: May 23, 2008, 11:11:14 AM »
Anti-Phishing maybe?
Maybe. :P

My point is that CFP is all about network security. And phishing schemes are far more prelevant than browser BO attacks. If CFP wanted to give users a better sense of online security with a toolbar, they should have done so via phishing protection. Actually the phishing filter could also blacklist BO attack sites which solves both problems.

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #70 on: May 23, 2008, 11:13:11 AM »
try to answer few questions all in one post

phishing toolbar: Our technology is yet to be mature. As soon as it is, it will be incorporated into our toolbar. Please bear in mind, this is the first version. We have many improvements on the way.

As i said before: users have the choice NOT to install during installation process. No one is being forced into installing anything...

Q:What happens if you install the toolbar and then just hide it from the browser view?
A: You still get the BO protection.

I just want everyone to understand please, this is our first version of getting a toolbar into browser. We have many very innovative and interesting features being built as we speak that will be in the next versions of this toolbar. And this, for the people who want to support Comodo, will act as a means to make money for Comodo. Its totally optional and you can help Comodo by using a 2nd search engine when searching for stuff.

So, get extra security for the browser, get a nice 2nd search engine and help Comodo, all optional! where's the harm?

Melih

Offline ailef

• Computer Security Testing Group
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #71 on: May 23, 2008, 11:22:34 AM »
i didnt notice i got a new icon in the taskbar named comodo safe surf :)
Edition   Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC
Version   21H2
OS build   19044.2006
Experience   Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0

Security programs installed : Comodo FW v12.2.2.8012

Offline Wat3rBoy

• Bodyboard is my Life!
« Reply #72 on: May 23, 2008, 11:31:28 AM »
Good Afternoon

Sorry about my english but I have a simple question:

I have instaled the  Comodo version 3.0.16.295 in my computer and I never update to new versions. I have windows vista home premium.
Now I want to update to a new version and I want to know if I update from Comodo in my version or I need to unistall my version and do a clean install. Is there any problem to update from my older version? it will be everything okey? all my settings go away?

Thank you!  (:HUG)

Offline tyl

• Comodo Member
« Reply #73 on: May 23, 2008, 11:40:13 AM »
Running fine on Vista Ultimate64.

Thanks Comodo, nice update.

-tyl
Vista Ultimate x64, Intel E6850-3Ghz, 4GB RAM-1066mhz, >2tb HDs

Offline pykko

• Computer Security Testing Group
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Intr-o lume plina de virusi, ai un prieten
« Reply #74 on: May 23, 2008, 11:46:23 AM »
that's a nice update. Nice to see the memory firewall being integrated in this form.

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek