Author Topic: COMODO Firewall Pro 3.0.14.276 has been released! [Closed]  (Read 84230 times)

Offline J0e

Re: COMODO Firewall Pro 3.0.14.276 has been released!
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2007, 11:58:52 PM »
Hello,

Im using current 3G mobile/wireless internet and finding browsering/downloading rather slow atfer install COMODO is there any specific setting that you would recomend to help in gaining some performace back. 

I only wish i found this when i was using XP.  Great work COMODO

Offline grayhair

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2007, 01:37:39 AM »
   Well, that was a very uneventful install (YAY!).  I did the clean uninstall/install route because, well, that's what I always do (maybe I like to show the computer who's boss, I guess).  The install time seemed shorter to me than previous versions.  Is the existing safelist now more comprehensive?  I went through the motions of allowing Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word, only to have the firewall tell me these were already on the safe list.  Also, did some of the verbage change in some of the popups that did occur?  I had two come up when I started Outlook.  The text was plain and to the point--this is a SAFE application and you can click Allow (instead of the lawyer-ese I saw previously)?  If so, bravo!  Also, did the Active Process list change?  It seems easier to understand now.

Way to go guys!   (:CLP)    (:KWL)    :Beer

Online panic

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Linux is free only if your time is worthless.;-)
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2007, 02:05:23 AM »
Just as a test, i run the integral updater in 273, which downgraded the firewall, without rebooting. I then ran the patch to update to 276, this time rebooting the PC.

The update appears to have been succesfull, with out loosing my settings.

Great lateral solution - downgrade then upgrade without losing rules. Clever!
As your mums would say, "If you can't play nice with all the other kiddies, go home".
All users are asked to please read and abide by the  Comodo Forum Policy.
If you can't conform, don't use the forum.

Josh123

« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2007, 02:47:46 AM »
   Well, that was a very uneventful install (YAY!).  I did the clean uninstall/install route because, well, that's what I always do (maybe I like to show the computer who's boss, I guess).  The install time seemed shorter to me than previous versions.  Is the existing safelist now more comprehensive?  I went through the motions of allowing Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word, only to have the firewall tell me these were already on the safe list.  Also, did some of the verbage change in some of the popups that did occur?  I had two come up when I started Outlook.  The text was plain and to the point--this is a SAFE application and you can click Allow (instead of the lawyer-ese I saw previously)?  If so, bravo!  Also, did the Active Process list change?  It seems easier to understand now.

Way to go guys!   (:CLP)    (:KWL)    :Beer

I completely agree.

The reconstruction of the white list is outstanding (31MB-9MB). Defense+ Shows ALOT less alerts, all major bugs have been fixed, I am very happy now!

Its only 9MB and has a Great HIPS and GUI+Whitelist and help, CFP 2 was 7MB, 3MB difference?
GREAT JOB.

And resources are EVER so low: cpf.exe is running at 4MB. cmdagent running at 5MB

KEEP UP THE FANSTASTIC WORK! I have uninstall ed my Antivirus software! Waiting for CAVS 3 :-)

Josh.

Offline Searinox

• Comodo's Hero
  • Do you like fire? I'm full of it.
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2007, 02:56:26 AM »
Everyone is so concerned over upgrading or doing a clean install without losing their rules, I've been doing nothing but clean installs for each version since beta 3.0.9 and haven't lost a setting. Am I the only one here who knows how to use import/export settings?!

Toggie

« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2007, 03:00:55 AM »
Do bear in mind that 276 has some features that 273 didn't have, in Network Policy, namely support for Loopback Networking. If you import rules from a prior version.

Depending on your imported rules, these new settings may be disabled.

Offline bigben

• Comodo Member
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2007, 03:45:04 AM »
I'd rather do clean install, so uninstall the old completely, this is what i always like to do. Since the download size almost same is 9MB for setup or patch. Well done for Comodo Team  (:CLP)

Offline Searinox

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2007, 05:11:59 AM »
Do bear in mind that 276 has some features that 273 didn't have, in Network Policy, namely support for Loopback Networking. If you import rules from a prior version.

Depending on your imported rules, these new settings may be disabled.
Oh? Can you tell me exactly where I can find those settings and what I should be looking for? I wanna see if anything's disabled.

Toggie

« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2007, 05:17:21 AM »
Two places:

Firewall/Firewall Behaviour Settings/Alert Settings.

Also check your Zones, in 276 there is a default Loopback Zone, which is now part of several predefined NSP rules.

Offline Searinox

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2007, 05:40:56 AM »
I can see the options. They are off and I mean to keep them that way. In the network zones I don't have a loopback rule. Could you give me the details of that rule aswell as the others you say have been predefined so that I may add them manually?

Offline Zocor

• Zocors Weblog
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2007, 07:06:23 AM »
Sorry guys but CPF 3.0.14.276 still is a NO GO for all email clients om my PC, rendering CPF worthless for me.

Mailwasher Pro v6 (US version) is still blocked by CPF 3.0.14.276
Outlook 2007 (Dutch version) is still blocked by CPF 3.0.14.276
Outlook Express (Dutch version) is still blocked by CPF 3.0.14.276

Had to uninstall CPF's latest version again, as i had to in all versions from 3.0 on.

The specs i am running on:

Asus P4800 deluxe mainboard
A dual P4 (Presscot) at 3.2 GHz 800 MHz FSB
4096 MB DDR Ram (Dual channel)
OS: Windows XP Professional 32 bit (Dutch version) incl. SP2 (fully updated)

Software running next to the firewall:

NOD32 Antivirus
Webroot Spysweeper
Comodo BOclean
Comodo Verification engine

Turning off all these apps did not give any changes in CPF's behavior. I have tried all hints and tips from the comodo help and support board but nothing seemed to work. Not in previous versions of CPF 3.0 and not in this latest one. After uninstalling everything works just fine.

I am running out of ideas, anyone from the dev team maybe got an answer?

Regards, Zocor.  (:SAD)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 07:11:09 AM by Zocor »

Offline johnyysmith

« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2007, 07:13:24 AM »
It just works - including ICS. No special treatment of anything needed. Nice work

Online panic

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Linux is free only if your time is worthless.;-)
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2007, 07:41:15 AM »
Clear all logs, attempt to use your email package several times and once it fails export the logs. Strip out any personally identifiable info and post an extract here showing any relevant info.

Ewen :-)
As your mums would say, "If you can't play nice with all the other kiddies, go home".
All users are asked to please read and abide by the  Comodo Forum Policy.
If you can't conform, don't use the forum.

Offline MikeG

• Comodo's Hero
  • Retired Radio and Electronics Engineer
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2007, 07:46:09 AM »
What a nightmare!!!  :-[

Decided to download 276, Uninstalled 268 via Add/Remove programs and deleted Firewall folder in Comodo folder.

Ran Set-up for 276 and rebooted.

BOClean wanted it Excluded as it had changed (fair enough); but error box popped up reading 'couldn't find cfpres.dll'

Couldn't get machine booting up again without doing a system restore back to yesterday.

That cured it and CFP appears to be running OK, but not absolutely sure which version I have. Miscellaneous/About box does not show version no. (which it did when I had v. 268) so assume this is the new 276 version. Perhaps someone could confirm. Firewall events still show as 'System Idle Process' is this correct?

I usually set a new restore point before doing installations, but forgot this time.

Would strongly advise that people do a System Restore Point before installing the new version in case this should happen to anyone else.

Not trying D+ today, may try it another day.

Mike.

P.S. Hasn't produced any pop-up boxes to 'allow' yet so assume the standard programs are in it's new list.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 08:02:32 AM by MikeG »
ISP: VirginMedia ADSLmax. up to 8Mb.
Firewall: Comodo Firewall Pro v.4.1
Anti Virus: BOClean 4.27, Avast 5.
Anti-spyware: SpywareBlaster, Spybot.
For scans when required: SuperAntiSpyware, Malwarebytes

Offline N.T.T.W.

• Comodo's Hero
  • A minute of your time can help many.
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2007, 08:25:09 AM »
MikeG

Version number should be 276 and system idle process should no longer be in the logs.

You should uninstall again using the uninstall from Comodo folder in start menu. Then run a registry cleaner such as the one with CCleaner and also get rid of any Comodo folders in program files and documents and settings.

Remove the excluded firewall files from BOC excluder before you try installing the new version - you can add any new files later. After all this you can then try installing the latest version - hopefully it should work then, I found the install went very smoothly on my XP Pro system.

Post proelia praemia.
Die dulci fruere.

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek