Author Topic: COMODO Firewall Pro 3.0.14.276 has been released! [Closed]  (Read 84546 times)

Offline StormyMind

• Comodo Member
Re: COMODO Firewall Pro 3.0.14.276 has been released!
« Reply #105 on: December 21, 2007, 09:45:24 PM »
Very Important for COMODO V3: My blocked network zones : DESCRIPTION ability is urgently needed! For example: IP Range 123.123.123.0 - 123.123.123.255  Name/Description: OneTwoThreeNet! Separate import/export for network rules! Extremely important! Please take notice Comodo stuff.

Offline Kyuubi

« Reply #106 on: December 23, 2007, 03:06:42 PM »
Eh I had the first release on for three weeks and had alot of problems and ended up uninstalling. I decided to wait until a more stable release like this was released and installed it onto my windows XP computer to try it out (after first backing up the hard drive to be on the safe side), and it seems to be working rather nicely. One of the problems I had on vista originally that I do not see anymore, at least not yet on XP is that firefox doesn't have the ten minute delay in starting up this time, so I am encouraged enough to try this out again on my windows vista OS to see if I get the same. :)

So as a headsup, most of the problems I 'had' appear to be resolved... thanks for your hard work to the comodo team... And even if I have problems with this release I'll simply remove it until a more stable release is up that fixes things... It's generally to be expected to have some bugs immediately following a newer release anyway as you all work out the lingering bugs

Thanks again  (:KWL)

Offline babblefish

« Reply #107 on: December 24, 2007, 10:04:49 PM »
I had no problems at all using all previous versions of cpf (beta)-releases on vista, this latest release caused 'limited activity' so of course i went back to the .13.268 version that still worked fine.

Offline henryg

• Comodo Member
« Reply #108 on: December 26, 2007, 01:11:14 PM »
Unstable on my system - constantly locking up and causing balnk areason my desktop. Gone back to 268 which is fine. I still prefer v2, and am seriously considering reverting or using an alternative product.

Offline Dennis2

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #109 on: December 26, 2007, 04:45:31 PM »
I have been using the latest CPF3 since release and on my Vista desktop this seems to be the best release so far very stable and no problems,
But on my XP it seems to have gone backwards a few minor problems like losing advance features on touchpad and also after stand down I have slow down in performance/partial freeze requiring a reboot.
Dennis
Moderator: Aims Forum a friendly place. Any concerns? Please PM me and/or review the Forum Policy 2012Updated.
System: Centos 7.5 x64, APF, HTTPS Everywhere, ABP, NoScript
 Fedora 28 x64, APF, HTTPS Everywhere, ABP

Offline Oriour

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #110 on: December 27, 2007, 12:47:39 PM »
After awhile of playing around with the firewall and being in a state of panic as to whether or not intruders were being blocked with an empty log and barely any intruders being mentioned, I think I've managed to resolve my problem by changing the alert to very high, now I get an intruder attempt every second or so, from 2 to 64 and counting (though no hits on 1026 which I'm kind of worried about). I'm guessing intruder alerts relates to the logging events and that comodo is blocking some things silently.

edit: there has been 1 hit on 1026, so I'm feeling more reassured, still will keep an eye open though.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 01:07:36 PM by Oriour »
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter." -Gilbran Quail

Offline ejmarkow

• Welcome to Siemiechow, Poland
« Reply #111 on: January 04, 2008, 07:52:48 PM »
Congratulations on an excellent firewall! I installed version 3.0.14.276 on my XP machine several days ago, running it in Custom Policy Mode/Clean PC Mode and customized the Network Security Policy quite easily, utilizing the very convenient My Protected Files section coupled with helpful wildcards. It is very simple and a valuable learning process!

I have only 2 improvement recommendations:

1) Please change the IP Dot Box in the Network Control Rules area to accomodate a much easier way of entering an IP Address or IP Range. Very often, I block the annoying double-underlined WWW generated pop-up internet ads by tracing the IP address of the source ad via Comodo's log generator. I then obtain the full IP range and enter this into the IP Dot Box and I must say, it is a tedious process using the mouse, cursor, and keypad. It would be so much easier to be able to simply copy and paste a single IP or IP range into the Network Control Rules area. Also, I find that typing the entire IP address with the dots is much faster and comfortable than using the Dot Box. Can this be changed? What do other users think of the current Dot Box?

2) In Comodo's already excellent log reports, please include whether an event is Outgoing or Incoming for each line indicated with a Green Outbound Arrow, or Red Inbound Arrow.

Thanks for an excellent product! I hope you consider the recommendations I submitted.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 07:58:50 PM by ejmarkow »

Offline Minigoliath

« Reply #112 on: January 10, 2008, 11:35:23 PM »
THANKS ALOT COMODO! Keep up the good work!

I hope this version will have a fix for the Windows Update issue, which has been around lately ^. I was having Windows update issue with my Vista Ultimate Laptop for 3 days when I figured out Comodo was the cause, thanks to techarena n ppl in this forum~ I finally had to un-install because the version 13 firewall was preventing not just one update to be installed. I will edit this post if i found any further problems related to the update thing.

Once again, thank you and congratulation!

soyabeaner

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek