Author Topic: COMODO Firewall Pro 3 has been released!  (Read 104589 times)

Offline panic

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Linux is free only if your time is worthless.;-)
Re: COMODO Firewall Pro 3 has been released!
« Reply #120 on: November 23, 2007, 03:59:55 PM »
[at] Buggy,

You did select the option, during installation, to allow traffic over the local subnet, didn't you? If not, you can set up a network zone that covers the IP addresses of the devices on your LAN and then make two rules allowing traffic in and out to/from the zone.

Ewen :-)
As your mums would say, "If you can't play nice with all the other kiddies, go home".
All users are asked to please read and abide by the  Comodo Forum Policy.
If you can't conform, don't use the forum.

Offline Joss

« Reply #121 on: November 24, 2007, 06:27:03 AM »
Than you!  (CLY)

Offline kc7brown

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #122 on: November 24, 2007, 05:26:23 PM »
V3 is quite nice!  It installed with no problems, and after only 4 hours in I have had NO problems.  It allows Avast to communicate, as well as Spybot.  No problems with my web browser either.

I first started using V2.x after having my computer hijacked, and at first the popups were annoying.  But the end result was that I know exactly what is going into my computer (and out).  All the little extras that a security conscious user needs are there.  The "learning" mode is still a little annoying, but a good trade-off for the sense of security granted.

You developers & testers deserve a frikkin Nobel Peace Prize at least!  Thank you guys for providing a program that is worth any amount of gold - but Free!! (:LOV)
A clean house is a sure sign of a broken computer!

Offline grgz

« Reply #123 on: November 25, 2007, 05:09:16 AM »
Greetings from Greece. (:KWL)

I've been using v2 and upgraded to v3.So far so good.Much of an improvement.

One question only.Is v3 compatible with Kaspersky antivirus? Because of this i was forced to use an earlier version of KAV, v6.0.0.303  which didn't have compatibility problems.

Can i upgrade to latest version or it's still a problem?

Offline chuk

« Reply #124 on: November 25, 2007, 07:02:22 AM »
First I have to say thank you to comodo for giving away this excellent top quality product !  :)

I uninstalled comodo 2.4. Then I downloaded CFP v3 and installed it. Everything is working.
No problems so far.

I am using CFP v3 on WIN XP MCE 2005 together with AVAST antivirus 4.7.10.74 and Sandboxie 3.01.
I did NOT experience ANY problems. Everything runs smoothly here.

(This is a well maintained pc. Not alot of software gets installed on this pc. No errors in event viewer...)

CFP v3 is a very professional and powerfull tool. Nice work comodo !  :)

Offline yorker

Shocked
« Reply #125 on: November 25, 2007, 02:29:05 PM »
I've posted my problems with v3 elsewhere, so this is just to say that the latest version is very disappointing.  The faults encountered were so serious that I was forced to remove v3 from my computer.

As a big Comodo fan, especially of the previous firewall which I successfully ran for a long time under XP (I'm now running Vista), I shall have to wait until the next version appears because this one doesn't 'cut the mustard' for me.

Offline ence

« Reply #126 on: November 25, 2007, 05:57:51 PM »
 (:AGY)

why did I upgrade on clicking yes to download  (:SAD)  before I was happy comodo did it job didn'y keep nagging me. now v3 all the time
and I keep getting connenction error when playing TF2. my kill rant go donw as of lost conection!

I have added TF2 to list trusted application, but still nagges and cuts me off.

Back to old copy

Offline Coolio10

• Computer Security Testing Group
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #127 on: November 25, 2007, 09:26:19 PM »
(:AGY)

why did I upgrade on clicking yes to download  (:SAD)  before I was happy comodo did it job didn'y keep nagging me. now v3 all the time
and I keep getting connenction error when playing TF2. my kill rant go donw as of lost conection!

I have added TF2 to list trusted application, but still nagges and cuts me off.

Back to old copy

Does it require incoming connections?
(\__/)
(='.'=)
('')_('')

Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none

Offline philip926

ZA sucks, Comodo is the King!
« Reply #128 on: November 25, 2007, 09:51:44 PM »
OK, I have to admit it...I made the stupid mistake of installing ZA Free while waiting for CPF3 to be released. Then I had trouble downloading torrents (speeds were dead slow). I configured ZA to allow my torrent programs access, but no luck. As I am currently using Vista, I decided to wait for the stable version of CPF to be released before using it. And I am so glad I did!

I completely uninstalled ZA, downloaded and installed CPF3.0.13.268 without any problems. I was surprised that I didn't have to configure it very much, and now my torrents are downloading fast! It was that stupid ZA that was killing my downloads!

Thanks for making such an excellent firewall, Comodo! Keep up the great work! (:CLP)
Philip Yeoh

Offline MikeT

« Reply #129 on: November 25, 2007, 10:19:48 PM »
Not having any luck with V3 - after installation it apparently wouldn't run (no tray icon). The uninstaller failed. Now I can't go back to v2.4 because the installer says that Comodo is already installed. Someone suggested Revo Uninstaller - good product! However, even though Revo can find no trace of it, the V2.4 installer still says that Comodo is already installed.

If anyone has any other ideas for making progress, I'd be grateful!

Offline yorker

« Reply #130 on: November 26, 2007, 05:36:58 AM »
Not having any luck with V3 - after installation it apparently wouldn't run (no tray icon). The uninstaller failed. Now I can't go back to v2.4 because the installer says that Comodo is already installed. Someone suggested Revo Uninstaller - good product! However, even though Revo can find no trace of it, the V2.4 installer still says that Comodo is already installed.

If anyone has any other ideas for making progress, I'd be grateful!

Try either the full jv16 Powertools 2007 or the lightweight version, Reg Supreme Pro

Available from http://www.macecraft.com/, these downloads are free 30-day trials that contain all the features of the full versions.

It is the Software Manager module that you require.

This is not an advertisement.  I use this software myself.

Warning: you should back up your File Registry before using this type of software.

TC

Offline caveman

« Reply #131 on: November 27, 2007, 06:26:30 AM »
Not a smooth process as with beta. ???  The Defense+ set to "Train with safe mode" that almost halt the machine and popping a lot of error windows.  I believes it should trigger by the options during installation.  But, it will be good to have a progress bar indicates the background actions instead of doing it silently.  It is real scary!  :-[ :-[

It leaves no choice but to disable the Defense+ and restart.  Set it back to "Training mode" as done in beta after restart.  No signification problem after that.

Like v2.4 and v3 Beta, works well with Avast v4.7 HE.

Anyway, Well Done !  Comodo team. :Beer (:CLP)

Offline Saul Luizaga

• Computer Security Testing Group
  • Comodo Loves me
« Reply #132 on: November 27, 2007, 08:54:56 AM »
WARNING! Long Post.

Hi, first of I want to congratulate and thank COMODO with all my heart
for a great effort to gives us a 1st class FREE Personal Firewall. Also
congratulations for the renewed forum, better looks and new emoticons
and text options.

Yes, I'm an old user of CPF (Oct. 2006 aprox.)and I wasn't here in a
very long time, because happily wasn't a reason to came for,
unfortunately I installed V3 today and found happy for great
improvements in security and functionality but disappointed  at the same
time for some things not working well on a network environment and
practical windows now are annoying to get to them.

I'll try to pint out shortly all the flaws I see now. BTW I'm a PC
technician and I use CPF to secure PCs and diagnose malware(spyware,
adware, viruses, etc).

1) There is no the auto-detecting wizard for current network environment,
it auto-detected my LAN and suggested a name according to my NIC, was
great (e.g. Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast 192.168.0.0 to
192.168.0.255, or something like that). Now configuring this requires
more time and steps, I don't see why; is very annoying and SLOW, in
version 2.4 I could setup network setting in 30 secs or less, a lot
less, what happened here COMODO guys? Please put the wizard back :(

2) Looks like the Secure+ feature is not well embedded with the Firewall because as the attached screen shot shows it blocks all attempts of a remote system to enter my PC, I have allowed the entire LAN (192.168.0.0 - 192.168.0.255) on a Zone (from Zone to ANY IP, In/Out), added NetBIOS ports (137-139,445) on another Network allowance entry (from Zone to Zone with ports NetBIOS) so this is a duplicated configuration right? well those didn't work. Lastly I added 'System' (already added in 'Windows System Programs') AGAIN with Custom settings and it worked! I was able to browse my LAN, BUT as soon as tryed to change settings to trusted app, again the Firewall was blocking incoming connections, so I changed back to Custom with all settings to allowed except the first one of course (only options are 'Ask' and 'Block') but that didn't worked neither and the LAN was lost... I tryed to delete that entry and create it again, didn't worked out.

I'm attaching my exported settings. This is a big flaw in CPF v.3.0.

3) There is no more fast access to 'Active Connections' and 'Logged Events' windows anymore, this was useful for a practical diagnose and monitoring of the programs connecting to the Internet, please put this back like it was in versions 2.x, at least offer and option how do we want this to work for us, v3.x or v2.x.

Also it is not easy anymore to delete all logged Firewall events. This is als key for diagnose and analyze behavior of online apps.

4) After installation and after taking a look to some features of CPF 3.0 I found Firewall events and I saw entries when the Firewall blocked itself and some other CPF v3.0 executables and DLLs, needless to say this is just plain ridiculous...

One of the Advantages of v2.x was its settings were VERY handy for fast access and configuration, I know this is just an arrange of features case, but for a day-to-day work basis this becomes vital in time, so please PLEASE! put it back to ver 2.x or find a better way re-arrange the mentioned features.

Versions from Oct. '06 to pre v.3 of CPFs were my every day working tool, was great, so please for the sake of the continuity of Comodo Personal Firewall, make it great again.

5) In early versions, there was an option in the 'Active Connections' Window to 'close' any connection listed in the window, I'd like you to please put this back on but add it the 'block' option in the same line right next to 'close', with a pull down menu right next to the 'block'  word(on a single horizintal button) with options: 'application' (default, and add the app to blocked apps) and 'connections' with pull-down sub menu, with options: 'Actives' and 'permanetly'(and add these connections to blocked connections).

6) Suggestion: An option to terminate apps in the 'Process Monitor' window.

That's all thank you.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Ed_P

• Comodo Member
« Reply #133 on: November 27, 2007, 06:51:55 PM »
Last week I was prompted to upgrade my 2.4 version to 3.0.  I declined.  Later when I clicked on 2.4's Updater button I was informed v3.0 was available.  This week, no more prompts and  the Upgrader button now returns "There are no updates available".  It would appear that the title of this thread should be changed from "has been released" to "has been recalled".   ??? 
Ed

Offline JJasper

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #134 on: November 27, 2007, 07:04:44 PM »
Hello Ed_P

The update has been disabled now.  You can download it here.  Before you install v-3 please unistall v-2 in safe mode.  Save your settings in v-2 if you think there is a possibility of ever going back to it.

http://www.personalfirewall.comodo.com/

John

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek