Author Topic: COMODO Firewall Pro 3 has been released!  (Read 104588 times)

Offline Hikari

• Comodo Family Member
Re: COMODO Firewall Pro 3 has been released!
« Reply #105 on: November 22, 2007, 07:50:04 AM »
Regarding the new 3.0.13 and future versions, I suggest that you put on the download page a link to a full changelog list. I wanna see what changed during these 2 builds but found no changelog  :o

Offline kazuya

• Comodo Member
« Reply #106 on: November 22, 2007, 09:40:48 AM »
So the few bugs that are on 3.0 have already been corected, like with Avast ?

Offline VokinLoksar

« Reply #107 on: November 22, 2007, 01:04:11 PM »
Not sure if this is something about my configuration, but I'm having many issues with the new release (Vista Business 32-bit).

First of all, I've reinstalled the OS last night, put COMODO on there as the first thing. Afterwards, windows update failed to work. It kept giving me Error Code 80070643 message. The only way to fix it was the remove COMODO, run the update, then reinstall the firewall. Disabling it didn't work (service and all), and I've played around with all settings possible for the firewall and Defense+. There was nothing in the logs or my pending files, update just didn't work with COMODO installed.

The next thing is that Defense+ "Train with Safe Mode" doesn't always prompt me about some executable. Sometimes it does, other times it just sends them to the pending files. I'm assuming that this mode should always prompt, no?

Finally, the firewall doesn't ever prompt for incoming connections. I used the stealth port wizard, and then verified the settings manually. All incoming connection attempts always get blocked without any message about it.

Still, very happy to see the new release. You guys made a great product; I used to run Kerio (now Sunbelt) firewall on all my machines... Have now switched them all to COMODO. Hopefully these bugs will be fixed in the next release :)

[edit]
Hm... I can't even seem to configure a custom policy to ask me about incoming requests. I'm trying to connect to my Vista machine (192.168.1.60) from the old XP one (192.168.1.50). All applications in the security policy (only 3 - COMODO Firewall, svchost.exe, and System) were changed to allow outgoing, ask for incoming, block and log all else. I've also added a global rule to allow incoming from 192.168.1.50 to any ip/port. Still, when I try to make an smb connection I get messages in the log about System being blocked from accepting that connection. Anyone know why it's doing this?

[edit2]
Removed the global allow rule, changed the ask for incoming to allow... Can now connect. Looks like a bug to me - ask rules seem to block without ever asking.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 01:52:07 PM by VokinLoksar »

Offline foxman

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #108 on: November 22, 2007, 02:07:05 PM »
Well, first thing, congratulation to the release of V3! RC1 automatically upgraded to final release smoothly on my desktop (XP-SP2)!

Next... hate to pour in a pail of cold water, the same didn't work for my notebook PC (also xp2-sp2).. (:SAD), it gave me BSOD after the upgrade!   (:AGY)  Still trying to recover and to figure out what went wrong.. could be something else though.. It did worked perfectly well with RC1 though.  :THNK

Offline giraffe

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #109 on: November 22, 2007, 03:31:49 PM »
CPF 2.x had incompatibilities with Avast! that required me to disable quite a bit of its functionality to get it to work.
Were those issues resolved in 3.0?

Anyone?

There's a thread on Avast! forum about this.

I run Avast! so, please tell us, what is the situation with CFP3 and Avast!?
W7 Pro SP1
Comodo IS
Pale Moon
SAS and MBAM on-demand.

Offline sjaak

« Reply #110 on: November 22, 2007, 10:07:41 PM »
I've installed it right after it was released, on our family pc, running vista. I've really looked forward to this, after the pc was online without a good firewall for some months. It runs really smooth, feels safe and I love that Comodo recognizes almost every program I run! (this will help alot, because my little brother hates alerts, he just wants to play his games)

On my windows XP 1000 mhz it upgraded to 2.4 automaticly, perfect! Does it uses less resources? Seems like it does! On slow machines you can still feel the difference ;)

Thanks alot, I hope to replace my avira antivirus soon, if comodo antivirus comes out of beta stage!

Comodo team, be proud!
 (B) (L) (M) (S) (V)

Offline XanderCA

« Reply #111 on: November 22, 2007, 10:25:31 PM »
I installed the new release and my Eudora e mail program became unaccessible. I could find no solution to the problem, so I uninstalled the new release and reinstalled the previous version.

Let me know when you get this fixed! >:(

Offline Norman

« Reply #112 on: November 23, 2007, 04:49:14 AM »
Thank you! Installed.
By the way, I prefer the old graphic!  :-\  ;D

Offline EddieFudd

« Reply #113 on: November 23, 2007, 07:30:13 AM »
i prefer 2.4 this version 3 degrades system performance for me. programs just freeze up until comodo is removed from the task manager

edit 20 minutes and counting to uninstall v3 on a modern PC  (:AGY)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 09:12:17 AM by EddieFudd »

Offline Zrix

• Gameupdates.org
« Reply #114 on: November 23, 2007, 09:12:59 AM »
Installed v3 when it became available yesterday, and so far it has worked perfectly.
Im still getting used to the new options/layout, and waiting for a non-Vista like theme, but I like it.

Congratulations on a good release, and thanks for an excellent firewall :)

Offline Shelly

« Reply #115 on: November 23, 2007, 10:20:45 AM »
Hi, I'm a new user to Comodo v3.   I Just wanted to say it's been runny good on WinXP with Nod v3.  Couldn't ask for a better firewall for free.   I've been using Outpost for about the last four years so it's been somewhat of a change but setting firewalls doesn't bother me and we're getting along just fine.   

Looks like a keeper.  Thanks for a great product.    :BNC

Offline Andy128

« Reply #116 on: November 23, 2007, 10:23:17 AM »
Thanks for a great free firewall COMODO!

I'm using Avast!, Spybot resident, and  AD-Aware. Comodo firewall  2 announced an update and installed CFP 3 automatically. The system did have to reboot twice during installation.
After clicking away 10-15 warnings, it's working fine and has not clashed with any of the programs mentioned above.

Great stuff

Andy

Offline Acton140

« Reply #117 on: November 23, 2007, 11:43:15 AM »
Well Done !!!

However, i can't upgrade because it doesn't support Windows 2003 Server, would it ever support Win2K3 Server? as i like v2.4 very much, though a few problems here and there i am happy !

Offline JThompson

« Reply #118 on: November 23, 2007, 01:07:21 PM »
I regret to say that I have so far been unable to make V 3x work with a printer/software, HP PSC 1200 series, on my mum's PC. Comodo V 3 x was released as I journeyed to her, so I have not any experience of it, and am a tad embarassed.

As I'd imaged the drive before removing V 2 x and then installing V 3 x, I have been able to restore.

The problem; the windows installer continually requests aiodrv.msi, and then the installation drive. After allowing this to happen a couple of times I removed the printer and software, rebooted, and then tried to install the software and printer again. This caused a major error with Comodo 3 x, at which point the error reporting tool appeared, and then the windows error reporting tool. The system would have been unusable but for the presence of process explorer, which enabled me to kill Dr. Watson, report the fault and try again.

I am about to try another route; I'm about to remove and reinstall the HP PSC 1200 series *before* removing Comodo 2 x, after which I will install V 3x.

If anyone can help with this in the meantime, I'd be grateful. FWIW I have been very careful with my mum's PC as I am responsible for making it work efficiently and without problems. There is no particularly exotic software on it, as she only needs email, Usenet and the web.

Cheers.

Offline Buggy - BugMeNot.com Shared Account

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #119 on: November 23, 2007, 02:36:14 PM »
Not impressed.
Doesn't allow Lan browsing (137) with a Lan zone unless firewall is turned off. Should be easy to set up, it isn't or is buggy.

Is it too much to ask to be able to click on an event in the log and add it as a rule?

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek