Author Topic: CIS and comodo firewall  (Read 11964 times)

Offline schwartr

• Comodo Loves me
CIS and comodo firewall
« on: August 12, 2008, 01:11:24 AM »
When CIS is finally released I assume you will have to remove all the old programs before installing it (CAVS2 and the firewall).

If you uninstall comodo firewall and replace it with CIS wont you loose all the D+ computer security policy settings? Id really hate to have to reenter the eleventy billion entries I have now.

CAVS3 and CIS are two different things right? Isnt CAVS3 being released by itself also?

Offline MJ1988

• Comodo Loves me
Re: CIS and comodo firewall
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 01:13:56 AM »
Good question! Now I'm curious...

I know CAV3 is being released before CIS is. Hopefully if things go extremely well, we should see CAV3 beta very soon....
Call me Matt. =P

Offline Liron

• Product Translator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 01:43:25 AM »
You should remove BOclean from your computer too if you have it because BOClean will integrate with CAVS 3  :)  (B) (L) (R) (V)
Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Offline eXPerience

• Left the Forums
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Free Forever !
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 04:10:39 AM »
You should remove BOclean from your computer too if you have it because BOClean will integrate with CAVS 3  :)  (B) (L) (R) (V)
That will be in later version, in the first beta, CMF and BoCLean will not yet be integrated.

When CIS is finally released I assume you will have to remove all the old programs before installing it (CAVS2 and the firewall).
For sure, otherwise it will clash like hell  ;)

I know CAV3 is being released before CIS is. Hopefully if things go extremely well, we should see CAV3 beta very soon....
I thought it was at the same time, I could be wrong though  88).

If you uninstall comodo firewall and replace it with CIS wont you loose all the D+ computer security policy settings? Id really hate to have to reenter the eleventy billion entries I have now.
Symply export all your rules, but I'm not sure the CIS will have the import in the first beta.

CAVS3 and CIS are two different things right? Isnt CAVS3 being released by itself also?
Yep, every product Comodo makes will remain in a stand-alone version.

Xan

Offline psych1610

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 11:28:31 AM »
Regarding the exporting and importing of firewall rules, from what Melih has been writing it sounds as if CIS will be module based meaning (I think) that the version of the firewall that is out when CIS comes out will be the one plugged into CIS. I would assume that it would have the same feature set.
Please read the Forum Policy below before posting: 

http://forums.comodo.com/new_member_information/forum_policy-t1516.0.html

If you can't abide by those guidelines, please don't post.

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek