[SOLVED] Remote Console Login Error

I have opened the required ports in order to be able to login to the console remotely through a browser.
I am able to get into the login page. But after entering the username and password, I get the following error message: please see attached image.

1. Of course ESM Server is running.
  2. Dont know what this message means and don’t know what to do about it.
  3. Self-signed certificate is correctly installed.

Could anyone please let me know what else I have to do to be able to login remotely to the ESM Server console?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hello,

Is the time on the server the same as the time on the management machine?

Regards,
Michel.

Hi,

Yes, they have the same time.

Im starting to give up with this option. Guess I can only login when I am in the ESM Server and cannot do it remotely. :cry:

Hi,

It definitively works remotely - I connect to my ESM server via a public IP address…

What Certificate are you using? Selfsigned or real Trusted one? Or for the best, can you show me the certificate FROM the external/remote browser you are loging in? Please? :slight_smile:

Hi,

I am using self-signed as my internal domain has a .local extension. If your internal domain has a .com (or similar ‘public’ extension) then you can’t use a self-signed cert.

I understand what are you saying. Is that the reason why I cannot login remotely, even with a correct user and password?

Very probably, browsers do not inherently trust self-signed certs coming from “public” addresses. You can download a free cert from Sectigo and use that with your ESM server.

I got the free cert and now I am able to login remotely.
Very nice! It worked perfectly. Thank you very much MichelB.

However, I am getting a warning from the browsers (please see attached image).

[attachment deleted by admin]

Any comment?

Hello w-e-v,

It may be a bug. I have reported it to developers.

Thank you for your vigilance!

Thank you. This issue has been solved.

Another one bites the dust