Increasing Deployment Timeout Limit

I have a few remote branches, the connectivity is rather slow between the locations. Is it possible to increase the deployment timeouts to more than 5 minutes?

Thanks,
Carlos

Hi,

Are you deploying directly to them from the ESM console? Are you doing the direct deployment over https? Over VPN?

It is usually quicker to upload the Offline Installer to clients and run it directly (please remember to add the ESM server’s publicly accessible IP to the “Server Addresses” section of the configuration tool before you build the agent though.

Alternatively, if you have the capacity, you can install ESM servers at each branch and manage those as “dependant” servers and have the remote endpoints managed by the downstream servers.

Regards,
Michel.

Yeah I deploy directly to them from the ESM console via an MIS connection… I can do on or two at a time without issues… but if I do more than 2 at once it errors with the time limit exceeded.

It gets to about 80% if I do 3-5 during deployments but since it exceeds the 5 minutes, it would just be nice to be able to increase the 5 minute limit to something like 10 or 15 because not everyone has fiber connections to their out of area branches… I’d rather push it all after hours through the console, and check the results of hopeful success later.

Unfortunately we do not have any servers at the branches that I could designate as downstream servers. And it is not really in the budget to do something like that.

I’ll chat to the devs, see what we can do for you.

Kind regards,
Michel.