Author Topic: Released! ESM 2.0 Business Edition is available for download now  (Read 25640 times)

Offline alex_gubernsky

• CESMUser
Re: Released! ESM 2.0 Business Edition is available for download now
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2012, 09:04:04 AM »
Another problem: under packages (before "deployment progress") CIS disappeared. I only got ESM Agent 2.0

Hi Shan,

Concerning the mentioned license problem, it seems that the license you used didn't have CIS as a product. There are licenses called "Console Only" that don't allow to install CIS. You if you had such a lincese this explains why you saw only "ESM Agent 2.0" in the deployment wizard. You may check what license you have on the license screen in ESM Console. From the other hand when you installed ESM to a virgin PC without specifying a license, ESM was using the default license for 3 PCs that contained CIS as a product. So, you had both packages.

Offline Tim B.

• CESMUser
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2012, 09:32:50 AM »
Update 2: ESM is unable to deploy Agent  (error code: 1222)
               I installed agent in offline mode, then everything worked fine (CIS install, update)
               The mapping command is working on every Pc-s.

Shan, follow please the link given by w-a-v for any further discussions related to this issue. Here is the link: https://forums.comodo.com/endpoint-security-manager-20-business-edition/deployment-error-unknown-error-t80457.0.html;msg576540#msg576540

Offline avfw

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2012, 05:03:50 PM »
ESM will allow you to handle, completely FREE, up to 3 PCs.

Is this true, is ESM free for life in case I'm using it for my single home server?

Offline w-e-v

• Star Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • BETA FORCE MEMBER
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2012, 06:08:41 PM »
Is this true, is ESM free for life in case I'm using it for my single home server?
Completely FREE for 3 PCs? Yes, it is true. Take a look here:
http://www.comodo.com/business-security/network-protection/endpoint-security-manager.php

Look at the tab "License and Pricing Options".
Under STANDARD LICENSE, it says there that "Software will activate a free 3-seat/1 year license on first-time use."

Offline avfw

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2012, 01:31:25 AM »
Completely FREE for 3 PCs? Yes, it is true. Take a look here:
http://www.comodo.com/business-security/network-protection/endpoint-security-manager.php

Look at the tab "License and Pricing Options".
Under STANDARD LICENSE, it says there that "Software will activate a free 3-seat/1 year license on first-time use."

Yes, I have read that statement several times but yet unsure while browsing these forums. Does it mean I can have ESM license free (on my home server which is 1 PC) for 1 year and then I have to buy it, or do I get it free for life?

Thanks for your reply.

Offline w-e-v

• Star Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • BETA FORCE MEMBER
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2012, 12:04:25 PM »
No "free for life" license. The 3PCs free license is for first-time use only.
That means that after the year is finished you will have to activate a new license.

But dont worry about it. Go ahead and active your free license.

After a year, you can purchase the lowest number of seats available at a super low price of $19/year. That amount is even lower than most of the security suites prices out there, with the plus that you have the console to manage your endpoints and a superior protection that COMODO provides.

Offline avfw

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2012, 01:57:51 AM »
Ok, that's what I read it the first time and it's all clear now, ESM is a free license for 1 year for 3 PC's. I've activated mine and so far ESM feels so good.

Good work Comodo and thanks w-e-v for your kind response.  :-TU

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek