Author Topic: Give us your feedback! Help us improve the product!  (Read 90656 times)

Offline namecheap_dens

Re: Give us your feedback! Help us improve the product!
« Reply #60 on: December 17, 2010, 11:04:57 PM »
Hi,

We have got a PremiumSSL Order pending *re-issue*. The status is "Awaiting for approval". The Order has been validated and issued recently. Why does it need any approval? We tried to contact Live Support.

At https://support.comodo.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=1025 it is stated that "Our technical support staff are available 24 x 7 (Barring any unforeseen circumstances) for online chat. We provide online chat for technical issues only on our range of SSL products"

Meanwhile, all we have received for 2+ hours is "All operators are currently assisting others. Thanks for your patience. An operator will be with you shortly." Is there an issue? If so, why the banner is listing "I am online >>> Start Chat"? No maintenance notifications could be found. If there were any kindly advise the link.

Thank you for your investigation.

Regards,
Den S.
Namecheap SSL Support.

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2010, 11:28:05 AM »
Hi,

We have got a PremiumSSL Order pending *re-issue*. The status is "Awaiting for approval". The Order has been validated and issued recently. Why does it need any approval? We tried to contact Live Support.

At https://support.comodo.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=1025 it is stated that "Our technical support staff are available 24 x 7 (Barring any unforeseen circumstances) for online chat. We provide online chat for technical issues only on our range of SSL products"

Meanwhile, all we have received for 2+ hours is "All operators are currently assisting others. Thanks for your patience. An operator will be with you shortly." Is there an issue? If so, why the banner is listing "I am online >>> Start Chat"? No maintenance notifications could be found. If there were any kindly advise the link.

Thank you for your investigation.

Regards,
Den S.
Namecheap SSL Support.

hi

you should have had a channel support contact to help you with that.

i have forwarded this to them.

thanks

Melih

Offline SinrG202

• CESMUser
« Reply #62 on: April 21, 2011, 09:28:38 AM »
ESM w/80+ Users.

• Centralised Policy Management would be a great plus. I'd like to make 3/4 policies (Mobile Users, Tough Restrictions, Light Restrictions, Admin Users) and push these out dependant on, which ideally could auto update. Eg I put users in a group (let's say 'Mobile Users') and they are all applied 'Internet Security w/Mobile Users Policy'.
  • A better 'Infected' management method. Rather than just telling us we have an infected PC/Laptop, Let us click into it and see which ones, with what they are infected with, and where. I'd like to not have to run a report to do this.
  • Email Response to ESM Requests. A lot of admins these days will be mobile users (blackberry/iphone) and when roaming I'd still like the ability to accept/deny requests.
  • Something done about the GUI and confusing menu system (autohide tabs etc). I'd also like the view to stay as it is when I log out and back in again.
  • The ability to cancel a task would be excellent.
  • Updating time freedom. I don't want to be forced to have my endpoints update every hour at the least. I understand the desire to keep endpoints safe, but once a day is fine in most cases. Thinking about scalability and if I were to have 1000 machines updating every 5 minutes which was the default after installing the offline updater, then I'd have a serious problem with internal bandwidth being robbed, not to mention the poxy popups that stack on top of each other.
  • Friendlier ESM GUI. Things are too scattered about at the moment. If you want someone to design a very friendly GUI thats ergonomic give me a shout. I'll get involved if thats what it takes.

Our company has just forked out over £1000 for 80+ user license and the forums are split from a ticket support system. I also got phoned from Comodo when looking to purchase it, but Adolf has ignored 2 emails since. Fortunately I am technical minded, and I do support this software, but licensed users need to get more support. I notice the forums stopped getting any attention around Oct/Nov last year (2010). I'd hate to see the endpoint version of this product fail. I love Comodo Products and I do recommend them, but there needs to be security for the people who buy this product.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 09:30:23 AM by SinrG202 »

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2011, 09:15:35 PM »
ESM w/80+ Users.

• Centralised Policy Management would be a great plus. I'd like to make 3/4 policies (Mobile Users, Tough Restrictions, Light Restrictions, Admin Users) and push these out dependant on, which ideally could auto update. Eg I put users in a group (let's say 'Mobile Users') and they are all applied 'Internet Security w/Mobile Users Policy'.
  • A better 'Infected' management method. Rather than just telling us we have an infected PC/Laptop, Let us click into it and see which ones, with what they are infected with, and where. I'd like to not have to run a report to do this.
  • Email Response to ESM Requests. A lot of admins these days will be mobile users (blackberry/iphone) and when roaming I'd still like the ability to accept/deny requests.
  • Something done about the GUI and confusing menu system (autohide tabs etc). I'd also like the view to stay as it is when I log out and back in again.
  • The ability to cancel a task would be excellent.
  • Updating time freedom. I don't want to be forced to have my endpoints update every hour at the least. I understand the desire to keep endpoints safe, but once a day is fine in most cases. Thinking about scalability and if I were to have 1000 machines updating every 5 minutes which was the default after installing the offline updater, then I'd have a serious problem with internal bandwidth being robbed, not to mention the poxy popups that stack on top of each other.
  • Friendlier ESM GUI. Things are too scattered about at the moment. If you want someone to design a very friendly GUI thats ergonomic give me a shout. I'll get involved if thats what it takes.

Our company has just forked out over £1000 for 80+ user license and the forums are split from a ticket support system. I also got phoned from Comodo when looking to purchase it, but Adolf has ignored 2 emails since. Fortunately I am technical minded, and I do support this software, but licensed users need to get more support. I notice the forums stopped getting any attention around Oct/Nov last year (2010). I'd hate to see the endpoint version of this product fail. I love Comodo Products and I do recommend them, but there needs to be security for the people who buy this product.

ESM ver2 is amazing! I have seen it in action and its coming out very soon. We are here to support you all the way!

Offline glenmm

• Comodo Member
« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2011, 02:44:08 PM »
Hi SinrG202,

We're in alignment with a lot of what you wrote for our next 2.0 release and beyond.

ESM 2.0 supports creating and managing endpoint configurations as policy. You either assign policy to a group of computers or directly to a computer (overrides policy coming from group membership) and it is automatically checked for compliance by ESM.

The simplified Active Tiles interface in ESM 2.0 lets you see at-a-glance where problems are detected and drill down to reports that underly the problem, exactly as you described.

Email response to alerts is under consideration for a follow-up release to 2.0... Hey! Where did you get my roadmap?  :)

The new 2.0 management GUI is totally redone, touch-screen enabled, with actively updating status tiles and a clean, easily understood interface - like nothing you've seen before on a product of its class.  See http://www.comodo.tv/e-merchant/comodo-esm-20-business-edition-demo/ for the preview we showed at the recent RSA conference.

Thanks for the time to feed back to us!

--Glen Marianko
Product Manager

Offline SinrG202

• CESMUser
« Reply #65 on: November 24, 2011, 11:38:07 AM »
Hi Melih/Glenmm,

I appreciate the response and I've been demo-ing the Beta of Comodo 2. I'll be honest with you, I am a man who prefers a solid GUI that reacts instantly. Yes I'm sure it make it easier to put a case to management to say you can do everything on an iPad, but most staff will not be brought one to use it on.. I know touch is the next step (Windows 8 is Windows 7 built for touch), and I personally don't know why it's taken so long for touch to get up to speed. Jeff Hans multipoint has pretty much given us the ability to build touch cheaply and get good results. The new GUI is geared towards touch, so feels cumbersome to anyone using with a mouse & keyboard. I'd prefer a solid GUI alternative. If you maybe sent me an iPad 2 then maybe you'll get the renewal contract but it would take some serious convincing.

Anyway, As I mentioned, I've been a user of the ESM now for nearly a year, & I'm not convinced to renew and will possibly go elsewhere. The reason for this is that I've felt I've been using a unstable bit of kit, that kind of does the job but it would probably be easier to go to each machine and manage myself. I had problems pushing out to machines on a workgroup, problems making sure the policies are on all machines, users installing things which means I need to open a remote desktop session to the server and allow but hanging about in case they run and ask more requests, and I've had problems with the offline updater not downoading any updates and when it finally does rejecting to provision them. I've done a hell of a lot of config work and digging deep and most are resolved, but they feel like they are hanging on a thread TBH.

I have been a fanboy of Comodo products for a good few years now and on my own machine I will still use CIS among other tools (KillSwitch etc).

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek