Author Topic: Comodo Dragon ver 23.4 is now available for download  (Read 14902 times)

Offline kvinna

Re: Comodo Dragon ver 23.4 is now available for download
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2012, 08:51:18 PM »
Can't wait to get Privalert back .. i loved that thing :)

i was actually able to get to websites i was unable to get to before because it would be waiting for some type of 3rd party thing to load.

Offline ad18

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2012, 11:26:22 PM »
I can't wait for Privalert to be back either. I guess I just have to wait. Comodo always develops good products. I am sure the release of Privalert will be a big improvment. :) Keep up the good work Comodo!

Offline Drbigt

« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2012, 06:40:32 AM »
When can we expect an update of the chromium version?

Offline Stelica

« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2013, 06:51:20 AM »
The latest version of Google Chrome is a slap against Comodo Dragon !It is much faster and more stable .
I will not ever use Comodo Dragon because it not allows direct insertion of 3D drawings in Alibre Design!

Offline ad18

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2013, 10:33:15 AM »
I have also stopped using Dragon. It is a little slower, does not have Privalert any more, and it does not have the built in PDF reader. I think I am going to stick with Chrome.

Offline D Bone

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2013, 11:26:47 AM »
I have to agree. The newest stable Chrome is definitely faster then Dragon. Also, not including the PDF plugin has just become too much for me to overlook, so I also will only be using Chrome.
Clean Install ~ Router NAT Firewall ~ Windows 7 Firewall ~ Bitdefender Antivirus Free ~ Chrome ~ Ghostery ~ Windows 7 System Image

Offline Lord Ami

• Malware Research Group
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2013, 12:07:23 PM »
Despite CD doesn't seem to be updated that fraquently anymore, I'm still using it because of the privacy it gives.

I just hope they update CD soon or before Chrome is being updated (like in old times).

Offline string_game

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2013, 02:34:16 PM »
I will continue to use Comodo Dragon for more than half of my internet usage.  I already tried Google Chrome many months ago and it frequently impeded the performance of the old slow computer; and Incognito mode was not convenient to use in Google Chrome.  The lack of a built-in PDF reader is not a big problem, since the extension for the one I have installed is active in Dragon.  The C D speed is good enough from all I can sense, and no worse than Firefox.

Online Sanya IV Litvyak

• Comodo's Hero
  • Mrreow~
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2013, 05:16:39 PM »
I contuinye using gragdon comdop too, it work greta and mnoiral.

souryy drunkw..

Edit: Here's a translation:
"I continue using dragon comodo* too, it works great and normal.

sorry drunk.."

*Of course I meant comodo dragon and not the other way around.. I was so drunk I gave away my credit card info. <_<
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 02:34:37 PM by SanyaIV »

Offline siegfried

• Comodo Member
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2013, 03:30:02 AM »
I have to agree. The newest stable Chrome is definitely faster then Dragon. Also, not including the PDF plugin has just become too much for me to overlook, so I also will only be using Chrome.
It's not true: Comodo is fast as Chrome (I obviously don't use extensions like "Comodo Site Inspector", "Comodo Share Page Service", etc., I don't need them. I use Dragon 'cause it's natively portable, its Dns and chromium source code without Google spy related "features").
Pdf plugin? Dumbass  :Beer  take pdf.dll from a chrome installation (or from chrome portable paf) and put it inside  Dragon dir.
The same (take it from a Chrome installation) with pepperflash PPAPI/out-of-process based, It's more secure than NPAPI/NPSWF32.dll.
To loading in Dragon, start dragon.exe with
--ppapi-flash-path=.\PepperFlash\pepflashplayer.dll --ppapi-flash-version=11.5.31.137

version 11.5.31.137 is the last one.

:viva:

Offline trscsaeg

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2013, 03:58:46 AM »
It's not true: Comodo is fast as Chrome (I obviously don't use extensions like "Comodo Site Inspector", "Comodo Share Page Service", etc., I don't need them. I use Dragon 'cause it's natively portable, its Dns and chromium source code without Google spy related "features").
Pdf plugin? Dumbass  :Beer  take pdf.dll from a chrome installation (or from chrome portable paf) and put it inside  Dragon dir.
The same (take it from a Chrome installation) with pepperflash PPAPI/out-of-process based, It's more secure than NPAPI/NPSWF32.dll.
To loading in Dragon, start dragon.exe with
--ppapi-flash-path=.\PepperFlash\pepflashplayer.dll --ppapi-flash-version=11.5.31.137

version 11.5.31.137 is the last one.

:viva:
where exactly do you put pepper flash at in dragon's directory and how do you load it into dragon so dragon can use pepper flash? I have win 7 64 bit. also when you update dragon does the update remove pdf.dll and pepper flash?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 04:15:39 AM by trscsaeg »

Offline siegfried

• Comodo Member
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2013, 08:13:27 AM »
where exactly do you put pepper flash at in dragon's directory

PepperFlash--------------- manifest.json
    ...                     |
    ...                     |
    ...                      ----- pepflashplayer.dll
  <cut>
avutil-51.dll
D3DCompiler_43.dll
dragon.exe
icudt.dll
libEGL.dll
  <cut>

and how do you load it into dragon so dragon can use pepper flash?
I have already wrote in my previous post   :THNK

I have win 7 64 bit. also when you update dragon does the update remove pdf.dll and pepper flash?
They're not removed when I manually update my Dragon portable.

Offline GCG1000

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2013, 10:16:24 AM »
I'm back to Ghostery until PrivAlert comes back... Can't wait...

Until PrivAlert becomes available, again, you might be interested in trying a combination of the following add-ons: "Traffic Light" and "DoNotTrackMe", both available, for free, at the Chrome Web Store. 

Online Sanya IV Litvyak

• Comodo's Hero
  • Mrreow~
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2013, 11:17:29 AM »
Until PrivAlert becomes available, again, you might be interested in trying a combination of the following add-ons: "Traffic Light" and "DoNotTrackMe", both available, for free, at the Chrome Web Store. 
I'd also recommend ScriptSafe and a HTTPS/SSL enforcer like "KB SSL Enforcer" And when we're at it, adblock plus ;)

Offline Chiron

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2013, 11:34:08 AM »
My recommendations ;)

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek