Author Topic: "Unable to Sign" after update of email certificate on iPhone  (Read 2197 times)

Offline kjgriffin

First, thanks to Comodo for providing these personal email certificates. 

My prior certificates just expired and I just downloaded a new one.  I managed to install it on my mac without incident, and it's working there.  When I tried to repeat the export the entire certificate path as a .p12 file and put it on my iPhone, it gave the illusion of working:  Under general>profile I see the right email account and new certificate data. 

Unfortunately, when I go back to the mail app, I get an error:  "Unable to Sign.  You can't send signed messages because a signing identity for the address "xxx[at]foo.bar" could not be found.  Go to the Advanced settings for this account to choose a signing identity."  Under said advanced settings, I see the same, new certificate info.  Worse, I've tried turning off S/MIME and/or signing, but every time I go back to a new email, I get the same error, and those settings are turned back on.  Quite the annoying undocumented feature.

I haven't found much relevant to this problem on these fora or knowlegebase.  The googles led to some instances that suggested too-similar replacements and/or Comodo certificates might require delete, then hard reboot phone, then import new certificate.  Unfortunately this didn't change the behavior. 

I'd appreciate any insights/suggestions you all can add.  Thanks,

--KJGriffin

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek