Author Topic: Comodo email certificate  (Read 1420 times)

Offline hankdane

Comodo email certificate
« on: August 16, 2016, 08:28:00 PM »
I installed the Comodo free email certificate, using this link: https://www.comodo.com/home/email-security/free-email-certificate.php.  It worked like a charm.  I can sign and encrypt messages to myself, using Outlook and Outlook Express.  (Yes, I still use Outlook Express and love it and it works.)

However, twice now I have tried to get friends to use it also, so we can start using secure email together, and they both ran into problems.  One of them got stuck on this page:

Has anyone tried this on MacOS?  I use Windows myself, and both my friends that were having issues were using MacOS.  I use Firefox and I got both of them to try Firefox also, since that worked for me, but still no dice.  I'm not sure how to help them, since I don't use MacOS myself.

TIA.

Offline RickyCafe

Re: Comodo email certificate
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 03:42:29 AM »
I have noticed the same issue with Apple iPads and iPhones, even if the Outlook client is installed on the iPad.  >:(

Offline SSL Guru

• Comodo's Hero
  • Retired Comodo Global Support Manager
    • Dağcılar Sitesi
“You have to be odd to be number one”
Dr. Seuss

Offline RickyCafe

Re: Comodo email certificate
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2016, 10:10:12 AM »
 :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Thank you very much - that works perfectly on my system.

The only remaining glitch is that, unless the recipient has also enabled S/MIME on their IOS device, then the certification status is not shown

Once again, very many thanks for a prompt and professional reply.

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek