Author Topic: HIPS and IOBIT Uniunstaller  (Read 352 times)

Offline ubuysa

• Comodo's Hero
HIPS and IOBIT Uniunstaller
« on: July 12, 2018, 07:00:21 AM »
Whenever I start IOBIT Uninstaller I get two blocked applications shown on the CIS Home screen (both for HIPS) and two HIPS entries in the log showing that IOBIT Uninstaller tried to access memory for C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\CisTray.exe. No alert is given. In itself that's to be expected (CIS protecting it's tray icon) and is not a problem.

The problem is I don't want the blocked applications counter on the Home screen incremented for these - the log entries I can live with.

I have tried adding rules for the two IOBIT Uninstaller executables (IOBitUninstaller.exe and PPUninstaller.exe) defined in HIPS that are as for an Allowed Application but with the File Groups COMODO Client Files/Folders and COMODO Internet Security in the Blocked list for both Interprocess Memory Access and Protected Files/Folders, but I still get the two Blocked Applications counter shown. Even if I define these two programs as Installer or Updater I still get the incremented blocked applications counter.

What else do I need to do to stop the Blocked Applications counter being inceremted for IOBIT Uninstaller?

Offline futuretech

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: HIPS and IOBIT Uniunstaller
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 09:43:36 AM »
Did you even remove the applications from the blocked applications list? Can you show what you mean with this:
but with the File Groups COMODO Client Files/Folders and COMODO Internet Security in the Blocked list for both Interprocess Memory Access and Protected Files/Folders
Are you saying you added those applications to the exclusions of interprocess memory access in protection settings tab for the CIS file group HIPS rule?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 09:15:33 AM by futuretech »

Offline ubuysa

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 02:33:59 AM »
Did you even remove the applications from the blocked applications list? Can you show what you mean with this:
but with the File Groups COMODO Client Files/Folders and COMODO Internet Security in the Blocked list for both Interprocess Memory Access and Protected Files/Folders
Are you saying you added those applications to the exclusions of interprocess memory access in protection settings tab for the CIS file group HIPS rule?

I hadn't added the two programs to the exclusions list for interprocess memory access for CIS because it simply hadn't occurred to me, sorry. I've now done that for both programs and the issue is resolved.

I'm still learning stuff..... :)

Thanks for the guidance.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 09:19:33 AM by futuretech »

Offline futuretech

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 09:18:11 AM »
LOL yeah I messed up, but yes you need to add applications that are trying to access CIS in memory to the exclusions of protected memory access to prevent both log spam and the apps from being listed in unblock applications task.

Offline ubuysa

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2018, 03:46:26 AM »
LOL yeah I messed up, but yes you need to add applications that are trying to access CIS in memory to the exclusions of protected memory access to prevent both log spam and the apps from being listed in unblock applications task.

I can forgive your original mess-up, we all make mistakes. What I can't forgive is you editing MY post to make yourself look better. If you screw up then say so, nobody likes a cover-up.

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek