Author Topic: Comodo Firewall crashes Chrome 45 [merged]  (Read 12187 times)

Offline pgtest70

Re: Comodo Firewall crashes Chrome 45 [merged]
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2015, 02:34:08 AM »
Just a complementary note.

I have had my HIPS, Viruscope and Shellcode injecting turned of since installation of Comodo Firewall.

So It should not interfere... BUT it does and the interesting thing is this:

I need to click use shell code injection protection to add program to list of exclusions... if I let the check-mark in front of the excluded file remain ...and then turn of shell code injection protection ... the program works...

If I clear the check-mark in front of the excluded file ... it does not work with or without shell code injection protection ON or OFF...

So shell code injection is on constantly... despite setting. Why should the exclusion otherwise be needed?

Question: Where do you REALLY turn of shell code injection protection... or do you just turn it to a "checking" but not reporting program hook which actually "overprotect" you... as nothing gets reported?

Anyone else care to test..

Found that many of the settings actually just "sort" of disable the functions but not really does it completely as it should.

:-\

Offline Honze

Re: guard32.dll kills Chrome 45
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2015, 02:45:49 AM »
This is getting MORE than frustrating.
Last year, comodo screwed my windows 7 PC  HARD. Stopped saving files, first with image extensions, then to all the files.

Now, I wake up, open Chrome that worked fine yesterday, and I get this "Google Chrome has Stopped Working" crap over and over and over.

I exclude Chrome.exe from HIPS, and HERE YOU GO, Lordy oh Lordy, It actually works again.

Why?
Why Are you doing this idiocies?

Disabling a browser is a tame thing to do after the complete denial of a working environment that I had experienced by the "unable to save" Bug that Comodo forced on me last time around. I already trashed comodo from my Win 7 computer, otherwise it simply can't save any file.

Am I going to trash this software again for Win 8 and onwards?

Offline Honze

« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2015, 03:00:55 AM »
Yeah, amazing Comodo ruins it again.
They weren't fine with the simple Denial of a working environment with "unable to save file" bug last year.

Added Chrome.exe to exlusions and it works. /Slowclap.
Comodo has done more damage to me than any Trojan I've gotten.

Offline v0id

« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2015, 04:19:18 AM »
So, does anyone know if adding C:\ as an exclusion would completely disable this feature on that drive?
Apparently unchecking it does not stop it from modifying executables, and I'd prefer to just leave this feature off, at least for now.

TLDR; How do you stop Comodo from modifying other applications?

Offline captainsticks

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Comodo Help
« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2015, 04:33:36 AM »
Yeah, amazing Comodo ruins it again.
They weren't fine with the simple Denial of a working environment with "unable to save file" bug last year.

Added Chrome.exe to exlusions and it works. /Slowclap.
Comodo has done more damage to me than any Trojan I've gotten.
Hi Honze,
Can you please answer me one thing.
Why is it that after a Windows update something on the system appears broken everyone jumps on Microsoft that their update broke my system, but when Google updates Chrome breaking compatibility with already installed and functioning software that it is not Google at fault?

As far as last year when Comodo supposedly damaged your system, it appears you may have been running CIS with Windows defender and ESET security which together could have had compatibility issues.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 04:35:34 AM by captainsticks »

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2015, 04:50:21 AM »
I have split and merged various posts from the bug report topic to this topic.

Offline jomardi

« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2015, 05:57:33 AM »
Hello Guys,

Please kindly note that we will be doing a hotfix release on Monday to fix this bug.

For your kind attention please.

Kind Regards
Buket
Thank you! anyway CC works very good  :-TU ... and for me, first time have discovered this future :P I dont know, this is CC special or was in Chrome :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzI-aiP3tMs
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 06:01:23 AM by jomardi »

Offline Adauto

Re: CIS conflicting with Google Chrome
« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2015, 06:18:10 AM »
the same is happening with me
Chrome Version: 45.0.2454.85
comodo is the latest version
Windows 7/64 bit / PT-BR / Genuine

Offline mandhi

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2015, 06:50:22 AM »
Great, problem solved for me! Thank you!

:-TU  :D

action taken:

(Add chrome.exe to Detect shellcode injections for the time being. That will do the trick. Eric)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 10:51:17 AM by mandhi »

Offline lnjr

• Comodo Family Member
Firewall and Google Chrome compatibility
« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2015, 09:51:05 AM »
I have been running the comodo firewall on my laptop for years along with Google Chrome.
Yesterday, when I opened chrome it kept crashing so I started do some searching and came across this information on the google forum
https://productforums.google.com/forum/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer#!msg/chrome/fWkSFQco7BI/QX7Q13tYaNsJ

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/KVpcou81ql0

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-10-a/126153-google-chrome-stopped-working-windows-10-a.html#post1003720

I had tried everything I could think of related to chrome and nothing helped.

Then this morning I turned on my desktop running windows 8.1 and when i tried to open chrome I got a message that chrome has stopped working and the browser closed down.

So eventually I tried disabling the firewall and that did not help so I then went with uninstalling the firewall and now my chrome browser is working again.  Apparently there is some sort of compatibility issue between the updated version of google chrome and the Comodo firewall.

I am now running the windows firewall again but would really like to go back to using comodo.   I have also asked on the chrome forum - but does anyone know if anyone is working to resolve the compatibility between both programs?

I also noticed - which I did not realize until this morning that the windows firewall has been running this whole time on the desktop pc.  The Comodo firewall icon was showing that it was running but when I clicked on the control panel and firewall it was showing that the windows firewall was running ???

I did check the firewall on the vista laptop and it is running the comodo and not the windows firewall, but I had to uninstall it on that pc as well in order to use my google chrome browser.  I really don't want to use the windows firewall and hope that there will be a fix between both programs very soon.

As per one post on the chrome forum... It was a file from comodo (SysWOW64\guard32.dll) that was crashing chrome. I've uninstalled comodo and installed my old firewall and now it's working.

Offline captainsticks

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Comodo Help
« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2015, 10:27:07 AM »
Hi lnjr,
Merged topics.

Kind regards.
Hello everybody,

We would like to inform  our users who had crash after they update their Chrome 44 to 45 ( related bug report is here https://forums.comodo.com/bug-reports-cis/guard32dll-kills-chrome-45-t112785.0.html;msg817958#msg817958); you will receive an update on Monday as we are now working on the fix and it will be released on Monday.

In the meantime, here is the temporary fix for you to apply:

https://help.comodo.com/topic-72-1-623-7731-HIPS-Settings.html#detect_shellcode_injections

Try adding Chrome to the Exclusions of Detect Shellcode Injections.Add the exclusion when chrome is not running, it will work after you add the exclusion and detect shellcode injections must be enabled for the exclusions to take affect.

For your kind attention please,

Best Regards
Buket

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2015, 11:29:04 AM »
Injr:
Add chrome.exe to Detect shellcode injections for the time being. That will do the trick. Eric [/color]

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: CIS conflicting with Google Chrome
« Reply #57 on: September 05, 2015, 12:16:10 PM »
the same is happening with me
Chrome Version: 45.0.2454.85
comodo is the latest version
Windows 7/64 bit / PT-BR / Genuine
Try adding chrome.exe to the Exclusion of Detect shellocde injections and restart Chrome.

Merging with an already existing topic.

Offline yro

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #58 on: September 05, 2015, 02:11:02 PM »
the problem is not fixed yet.

I dont use HIPS, so I cant use the workaround posted here. What is comodo doing to solve this problem?

more important: why comodo block chrome 45 exe ? is a bug on comodo side or is some kind of spyware on google chrome that comodo blocks?
Sorry about my english.. :P

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: Re: guard32.dll kills Chrome 45
« Reply #59 on: September 05, 2015, 04:50:10 PM »
the problem is not fixed yet.

I dont use HIPS, so I cant use the workaround posted here. What is comodo doing to solve this problem?

more important: why comodo block chrome 45 exe ? is a bug on comodo side or is some kind of spyware on google chrome that comodo blocks?
Consider yourself warned. Your question is answered in both the bug report topic, where you were instructed not to post unless pertinent for a bug report and in the linked help topic. Splitting tour post from bug report topic and merging with this topic.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 04:51:56 PM by EricJH »

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek