Author Topic: Comodo Firewall crashes Chrome 45 [merged]  (Read 9686 times)

Offline TheDukeUK

• Comodo Loves me
Chrome Version 45 Update clashes with CIS
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2015, 08:23:39 PM »
I had a problem with the Update to Chrome and Chrome not starting after the update. It turned out the new Chrome was clashing with Comodo Internet Security.  I fixed it like this

Add Chrome executables or whole Google Chrome -folder (e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome) into HIPS settings Detect shellcode injections exclusions. Steps to do this with current version goes

-> Open Advanced Settings
-> Security Settings
-> Defense+
-> HIPS
-> HIPS Settings: Detect shellcode injections [Exclusions] (lowest option)
-> Use 2nd mouse button to add: Files, File groups, Folders, Running processes

Which I got from this post from ngrpapu
https://forums.comodo.com/defense-sandbox-help-cis/you-may-need-it-remove-the-appinit-hook-guard32dllguard64dll-or-etc-t57562.0.html;msg530594#msg530594

Offline savit

• Star Group
  • Comodo's Hero
    • 4savit.blogspot.com
Re: guard32.dll kills Chrome 45
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2015, 03:19:59 AM »
Note: If you are on a 64-bit operating system, you can install Chrome 64-bit from https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/desktop/index.html?platform=win64 - I am able to run this successfully with Comodo 8.2.0.4674.

https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=527496

Offline SEGA2010

Issue re-appeared with Chrome 45.0.2454.85 and Comodo 8.2.0.4674 regarding guard32.dll/64.dll, same solution still working.

Add Chrome executables or whole Google -folder (e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Google) into HIPS settings exclusions. Steps to do this with current version goes

-> Open Advanced Settings
-> Security Settings
-> Defense+
-> HIPS
-> HIPS Settings: Detect shellcode injections [Exclusions] (lowest option)
-> Use 2nd mouse button to add: Files, File groups, Folders, Running processes

Thank you. Really. I am already have been upset about this whole thing with chrome, and finally found a solution. I even registered here to write a this message. Thanks!  :-TU

Offline The Fixer

Re: Re: guard32.dll kills Chrome 45
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2015, 06:44:19 AM »
A workaround of sorts is doing the rounds - ad an extra dot between filename and extension in chrome, i.e. chrome..exe not chrome.exe - yes, it works. I am logged in here via chrome45, and I did have the above issue until I added the extra dot to the filename. Try it and see. BTW, a definitive fix should be earlier than Monday if possible, I am getting many calls about this from my customers, it is not a good look.

Offline kRel

• Comodo Family Member
Google Chrome don't work due a dll CIS ! ! !
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2015, 10:42:21 AM »
Please, today Google Crome don't work due file: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\guard32.dll  MD5: DEE5C44F23534C8ABB5304687887C432

I have renamed guard32.dll on guard32.ABC and Chrome has Started working normally

Regards

Windows error:

Firma problema:
Nome evento problema: BEX
Nome applicazione: chrome.exe
Versione applicazione: 45.0.2454.85
Timestamp applicazione: 55df881b
Nome modulo con errori: guard32.dll
Versione modulo con errori: 8.2.0.4674
Timestamp modulo con errori: 55c148a3
Offset eccezione: 000269c9
Codice eccezione: c0000409
Dati eccezione: 00000000
Versione SO: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
ID impostazioni locali: 1040
Informazioni aggiuntive 1: ad28
Ulteriori informazioni 2: ad282fe17d46f8e44146c6952faadcaf
Ulteriori informazioni 3: 8291
Ulteriori informazioni 4: 8291e7fd1cca2e925b4c63bd13e4fdf1
Leggere l'informativa sulla privacy online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0410
Se l'informativa sulla privacy online non è disponibile, leggere quella offline:
C:\Windows\system32\it-IT\erofflps.txt
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 10:45:30 AM by kRel »

Offline Sanya IV Litvyak

• Comodo's Hero
  • Lurking
Re: Google Chrome don't work due a dll CIS ! ! !
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2015, 10:47:31 AM »
Renaming guard32.dll will compromise the security CIS can give you. You should rather go into advanced settings > Security Settings > Defense+ > HIPS > HIPS Settings > Enable "Detect shellcode injections" and click "Exclusions" next to it and in that window right-click in the list and click "Add > Files" then browser to the chrome executable and add it then click OK on all windows.
I support privacy and freedom online - eff.org

Offline Potager73

I'm going to be the dense one here but when I've 2nd clicked the mouse button to 'add' which one do I find Chrome.exe in... files/ file groups/ folders or running processes??!

Thank you

Offline Potager73

Adding on to the above....

2nd clicked mouse - add
Folders
Computer
C drive
Program files (x86)
Google
Chrome
45.0.2454.85 press ok
Press ok again and it's listed on the exclusions list

Tried to open Chrome again but still crashing.....

Help.....

Offline bluegrass

« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2015, 01:22:53 PM »
A workaround of sorts is doing the rounds - ad an extra dot between filename and extension in chrome, i.e. chrome..exe not chrome.exe - yes, it works. I am logged in here via chrome45, and I did have the above issue until I added the extra dot to the filename. Try it and see. BTW, a definitive fix should be earlier than Monday if possible, I am getting many calls about this from my customers, it is not a good look.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
thanks. this works. just an extra dot. but it seems pages open by chrome the character turn blur ,like lost charcter libs.  i met this when use chrome linux version.

Offline kRel

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2015, 02:28:23 PM »
Thanks for your tips.  :)

This option is not documented and is not accessible to the common user. For sure until yesterday everything worked properly. Including Chrome.

The change to this security setting is certainly useful, but I think it should automatically exclude known and common programs like Chrome

Hi  :)

Offline captainsticks

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Comodo Help
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2015, 05:56:17 PM »
Hi kRel,
The workaround generally isn't required, but the recent Chrome update unfortunately conflicted with CIS causing this bug to occur.
Please note: It has been acknowledged by Comodo.

Thanks.
Hello everybody,

We would like to inform  our users who had crash after they update their Chrome 44 to 45 ( related bug report is here https://forums.comodo.com/bug-reports-cis/guard32dll-kills-chrome-45-t112785.0.html;msg817958#msg817958); you will receive an update on Monday as we are now working on the fix and it will be released on Monday.

In the meantime, here is the temporary fix for you to apply:

https://help.comodo.com/topic-72-1-623-7731-HIPS-Settings.html#detect_shellcode_injections

Try adding Chrome to the Exclusions of Detect Shellcode Injections.Add the exclusion when chrome is not running, it will work after you add the exclusion and detect shellcode injections must be enabled for the exclusions to take affect.

For your kind attention please,

Best Regards
Buket
Hello Guys,

Please kindly note that we will be doing a hotfix release on Monday to fix this bug.

For your kind attention please.

Kind Regards
Buket

Offline captainsticks

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Comodo Help
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2015, 06:01:29 PM »
Hi and welcome The Fixer,
I am sure Comodo will make the fix available as soon as it is ready.
Note: Bug fixes need to be tested to be sure fixing one issue doesn't create another. :)

Thanks.

Offline pete.goss

« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2015, 07:08:39 PM »
Firewall 8.2.0.4674 database 183 also kills chome on Windows7 & Vista, but the problem disappears when the Google folder in Program Files (x86) is excluded via:

Tasks>Advanced Tasks>Open Advanced Settings>Security Settings>Defense +>Hips>Hips Settings>Detect shellcode injections Exclusions

Offline captainsticks

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Comodo Help
Re: Comodo Firewall crashes Chrome 45 [merged]
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2015, 08:48:59 PM »
Hi and welcome Potager73,
Be sure to enable 'detect shellcode injections' found under Defense+ for the exclusions to take affect.

Kind regards.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 08:51:03 PM by captainsticks »

Offline TheDukeUK

• Comodo Loves me
Adding on to the above....

2nd clicked mouse - add
Folders
Computer
C drive
Program files (x86)
Google
Chrome
45.0.2454.85 press ok
Press ok again and it's listed on the exclusions list

Tried to open Chrome again but still crashing.....

Help.....

You are going too far down the tree ... add the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome to the exceptions

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek