Author Topic: cmdguard.sys 20% CPU usage across Windows 10 sleep/suspensions  (Read 221 times)

Offline postcd

• Comodo Member
Hello,

in Windows 10 64bit i have CIS 10 Premium 10.2.0.6526

There is svchost.exe/ntoskrnl.exe process that in its details (Process Viewer) has cmdguard.sys as the TOP "thread that is using ~20 of the CPU. The svchost/System process is using around 22% constantly (for numerous days, i am sleeping/suspending the computer)

The runtime of the cmdguard.sys seems to be more than 2 months.

I want to ask if anyone is willing to help debug why its CPU usage is so high so this possible bug can be fixed?

Or how do you suggest to fix this easiest and fastest way without logou/restart of the Windows? Already right clicked CIS icon and selected exit, then after a minute or so i started CIS again, but it is still there and using the CPU.

BTW, i see some controversy about the cmdguard:
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=%22cmdguard.sys%22+CPU&t=ffab&atb=v126-6__&ia=web
https://www.exedb.com/en/cmdguard.sys/126325
People mention Blue screen of dead and dangerous process.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 08:30:32 AM by postcd »
Thank You for a Comodo ModSecurity & CIS. Nice SW.

Offline PremJK

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Live and Let Live
Re: cmdguard.sys 20% CPU usage across Windows 10 sleep/suspensions
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2018, 09:38:50 AM »
Hi Postcd,

Can you please create 3 dump of the process which consumes more CPU with interval of 1 minutes and upload those dumps in any online storage and share the download link.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,
PremJK

Offline postcd

• Comodo Member
Re: cmdguard.sys 20% CPU usage across Windows 10 sleep/suspensions
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2018, 10:34:08 AM »
It apparently is not a process, but some kind of group called "Systém a komprimovaná paměť" (have non Engish Windows) translated it is: System and compressed memory.
In "Process Explorer" it is called "System".
I see dump can be made for processes, but not for this. Let me know step by step how to proceed please.
Thank You for a Comodo ModSecurity & CIS. Nice SW.

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek