Author Topic: Performance issue with HIPS enabled  (Read 1352 times)

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: Performance issue with HIPS enabled
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2019, 11:17:08 AM »
The size may be the problem here. Try deleting it. May be you need to enter Windows in Safe Mode to be able to delete it. Does that make a difference?

Offline ReeceN

• Comodo's Hero
  • Paranoid B#st#rd - CIA
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2019, 12:33:34 PM »
Thank you for the suggestion but unfortunately that didn't help.

The only way that I have tried which successfully solves the game stuttering issue is disabling HIPS all together.
Some Comodo wallpapers by me
Wonders what John McAfee will do next.

Offline User Name

• Comodo Member
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2019, 11:46:49 AM »
Hi there;
first of all forgive me if I am in the wrong topic.
I have updated to win10 1903 and now I have this problem (see attached image). I had over 65 000 Hips blocked actions. I have de- and reinstalled Comodo CIS and Msi gamingapp/ Iobit advanced care program, but the issue still remains I have try to make own rules for both but if I keep hips activated my gaming performance goes down(from 60 fps to 13 fps). how can I allow those programs the access they want?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 04:48:59 PM by futuretech »
Try to change your attitude and not the sky above you.- Ceneca

Offline User Name

• Comodo Member
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2019, 04:18:57 PM »
https://forums.comodo.com/beta-corner-cis/comodo-internet-security-2019-rc-v12006850-is-now-available-for-download-t124537.0.html
???thats not really an answer?!
I dont want to install an unstable version I did that some time ago.... but that caused even more problems! i.e comodo icon did not start/show up in taskbar after reboot etc...

Offline User Name

• Comodo Member
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2019, 04:22:08 PM »
hello any Comodo staff member here which are able to give some advice for fixing my problem?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 04:29:04 PM by User Name »

Offline futuretech

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2019, 04:53:33 PM »
It is better to create a topic asking for help instead of using the release topic. Hence I have split your posts and moved it to the appropriate help section.

As for your issue you can add the blocked applications to the protection exclusion for the Comodo Internet Security file group HIPS rule. You can follow the instructions from here which explains how to add applications to protection exclusions.

Offline User Name

• Comodo Member
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2019, 07:49:10 PM »
It is better to create a topic asking for help instead of using the release topic. Hence I have split your posts and moved it to the appropriate help section.

As for your issue you can add the blocked applications to the protection exclusion for the Comodo Internet Security file group HIPS rule. You can follow the instructions from here which explains how to add applications to protection exclusions.
TY now it seems to be good.. but the cpu usage display jumps from 12% to 25% to 59% to 12%to 25% to 59% without showing what/which causing it.. but maybe it will be all good after a reboot.

Ps:It would be nice for others (non- english speaking) customers, if you would post a video(i.e Youtube) to show how its done. also it would avoid novice to do wrong settings .
I apologize for my bad english but it isn't my mother-tongue
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 07:56:13 PM by User Name »

Offline Mathi R

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo Loves me
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2019, 07:33:37 AM »
Hi username,

This is known similar issue,our developers are already working on it.Could you please upload the samples that was blocked by CIS in your system to Comodo Valkyrie or VirusTotal and post a link to the results
Comodo Valkyrie https://valkyrie.comodo.com/#_ga=2.251132293.203439520.1561557912-1644775053.1561557912
VirusTotal https://www.virustotal.com/gui/home/upload
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 08:49:22 AM by Mathi R »

Offline User Name

• Comodo Member
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 09:35:14 AM by User Name »

Offline Mathi R

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo Loves me
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2019, 09:32:40 AM »
Hi username,

Thanks for sharing the sample details,our developers are investigating it.

Offline futuretech

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2019, 09:42:50 AM »
It is a known issue you need to either add every application to CIS protection exclusions or turn off logging in comodo format under general settings > logging.
https://forums.comodo.com/defense-sandbox-help-cis/blocked-applications-showing-cis-blocking-programs-by-hips-and-cannot-unblock-t124451.0.html

Offline User Name

• Comodo Member
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2019, 05:09:29 AM »
It is a known issue you need to either add every application to CIS protection exclusions or turn off logging in comodo format under general settings > logging.
https://forums.comodo.com/defense-sandbox-help-cis/blocked-applications-showing-cis-blocking-programs-by-hips-and-cannot-unblock-t124451.0.html
Turned off logging, but this does not prevent the program(s) trying get the access to the CIS data/files.... Now I have made exclusions for those programs and deactivated logging but the cpu usage still jumps without showing what is causing it( ok the usage is now much smaller but anyway something still is not working correctly) 

Hope you release soon a fix(ed) update.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 05:15:01 AM by User Name »

Offline User Name

• Comodo Member
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2019, 02:33:48 AM »
Updated(new Install) to CIS 12.0.0.6870 issue remains the same....

Offline futuretech

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2019, 09:24:17 PM »
Can you try turning HIPS back on and adding the steam folder to detect shellcode injections exclusions? Does it still cause high disk usage and game stuttering?

Offline futuretech

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2019, 09:27:01 PM »
Can you try adding the steam folder to detect shellcode injection exclusions and also the installation folder for the other applications that were blocked by HIPS for inter-process memory access.  Does this reduce CPU usage? I'm assuming cmdagent process is the one using high amounts of CPU.

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek