Author Topic: Blocks its own Secure Shopping csssrv64.exe  (Read 1271 times)

Offline Bucic

• Comodo's Hero
Re: Blocks its own Secure Shopping csssrv64.exe
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2019, 03:27:09 PM »
Could you elaborate on what you mean with "let's expose every single module to the user, separately, and force him to play a tag game"?
It all boils down to lack of "app X needs to do its thing" option. Or "it's like you had 4 secuirity software suits and COMOD is a provider of a common GUI".
In a popup scenario:
Each CIS module may issue its own questionaire in the form of a set of popups.
In a "I need to make sure CIS knows not to block app X" scenario:
The user often has to go over several CIS modules creating rules in each and every one of them, then go on a testing venture.

Again, I'm not being grumpy here. I use Comod products since it was solely a firewall-only solution (2007?). While I welcome CIS no longer issues an avalanche of popup questions no sane non-professional computer user would be able to answer, I think CIS usability still suffer from the "each CIS module is a separate entity" philosophy.

Offline futuretech

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2019, 04:48:39 PM »
The firewall blocking is already submitted as a bug which happens at system startup the firewall blocks outgoing connections even of trusted applications. As for the HIPS blocking, those are normal as CIS does not allow other applications except a few selected applications to access its memory. If you want to give access to other applications so you don't get the constant blocking in the log then you need to edit the HIPS rule for the Comodo Internet Security file group as described in this post.

The user often has to go over several CIS modules creating rules in each and every one of them, then go on a testing venture.
Or just edit the file rating in the file list by changing it to trusted, all modules depend on the file rating, if it is trusted it won't be blocked under normal circumstances, the only other time special rules are need is when that application wants to access a CIS process in memory.

Offline Bucic

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2019, 05:14:22 PM »
The firewall blocking is already submitted as a bug which happens at system startup the firewall blocks outgoing connections even of trusted applications. As for the HIPS blocking, those are normal as CIS does not allow other applications except a few selected applications to access its memory. If you want to give access to other applications so you don't get the constant blocking in the log then you need to edit the HIPS rule for the Comodo Internet Security file group as described in this post.
I see. It's good I can just ignore those. I'm fine with that. No need for rules fiddling. It's just that I though CIS is actually impairing operation of its own components.
Or just edit the file rating in the file list by changing it to trusted, all modules depend on the file rating, if it is trusted it won't be blocked under normal circumstances, the only other time special rules are need is when that application wants to access a CIS process in memory.
A rating of a file? Do you mean a rating of an application executable, e.g. Steam.exe?

Offline Bucic

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2019, 11:57:35 AM »
I changed my mind... CIS changed my mind. I am sick and tired of the false blocked applications counters every #% time I run any selfupdating program. I'd like to supress those but the post you linked is not helpful at all. Even if we assume it's in English, I don't think it contains the information on how to get rid of {the inrerprocess memory acces to comodo} alerts altogether i.e. for any application. Without it the "Blocked applications" section is useless and it's dearly needed given how triggerhappy CIS is.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 11:59:45 AM by Bucic »

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2019, 01:27:52 PM »
to get rid of {the inrerprocess memory acces to comodo} alerts altogether i.e. for any application. Without it the "Blocked applications" section is useless and it's dearly needed given how triggerhappy CIS is.
You don't want to get rid off the interprocess memory access alerts to Comodo. You're witnessing the self protection of CIS at work. We don't advice to allow memory access by application to CIS unless a program does not function without it (it would be a case of a badly coded application though). The Blocked Applications dialogue as has been stated multiple times before is poorly thought through and is not something to rely upon.

Offline Bucic

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2019, 01:32:41 PM »
You don't want to get rid off the interprocess memory access alerts to Comodo. You're witnessing the self protection of CIS at work. We don't advice to allow memory access by application to CIS unless a program does not function without it (it would be a case of a badly coded application though). The Blocked Applications dialogue as has been stated multiple times before is poorly thought through and is not something to rely upon.
Isn't there a way to disable just the alerts in the "Blocked applications" dialogue without affecting the functionality? Is there any ETA on an updated interface?

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2019, 02:10:45 PM »
Isn't there a way to disable just the alerts in the "Blocked applications" dialogue without affecting the functionality?
There is no way to disable the alerts.
Is there any ETA on an updated interface?
We haven't been heard from Comodo about this. Comodo has not been communicating much over the past six months but my best guess is not any time soon.

Offline Bucic

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2019, 02:16:56 PM »
There is no way to disable the alerts. We haven't been heard from Comodo about this. Comodo has not been communicating much over the past six months but my best guess is not any time soon.
I see. Any signs about bad circumstances for the company itself?

Offline Dharshu

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2019, 09:29:25 AM »
Hi Bucic,

One of our developer (Haibo) mentioned in the ticket that he already asked you to join in the remote session for further investigations.
Kindly tell us are you willing to attend the session now?

Thanks,
PD

Offline Bucic

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2019, 04:43:40 PM »
Hi Bucic,

One of our developer (Haibo) mentioned in the ticket that he already asked you to join in the remote session for further investigations.
Kindly tell us are you willing to attend the session now?

Thanks,
PD
I got a PM request from herbzhang. I replied that I'm busy. I've changed my mind and I've just replied to his message with Team Viewer details etc. Let's do it.

Offline Dharshu

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2019, 10:03:39 AM »
Hello Bucic,

Could you please re-check it,it should be fixed now.

Best Regards,
PD

Offline futuretech

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2019, 11:35:01 AM »
Hello Bucic,

Could you please re-check it,it should be fixed now.

Best Regards,
PD
No any application that attempts outgoing network connection requests before CIS tray is loaded, it will be blocked by the firewall and it will be logged in the firewall events shortly after CIS tray has finished loading. It is recorded in the tracker as bug 2400 and CIST-19645, in this case the comodo secure shopping service starts and makes connection attempts before CIS UI is fully loaded, and will be logged in the firewall logs moments after the blocked actually happened.

Offline Dharshu

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2019, 10:36:14 AM »
Hi futuretech,

Thank you for your response.We will check this.

Best Regards,
PD

Offline prodex

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2020, 08:29:38 AM »
As for the HIPS blocking, those are normal as CIS does not allow other applications except a few selected applications to access its memory.

Malware e.g. can nest in the memory

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek