Author Topic: Blocks its own Secure Shopping csssrv64.exe  (Read 606 times)

Offline Bucic

• Comodo's Hero
Re: Blocks its own Secure Shopping csssrv64.exe
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2019, 03:27:09 PM »
Could you elaborate on what you mean with "let's expose every single module to the user, separately, and force him to play a tag game"?
It all boils down to lack of "app X needs to do its thing" option. Or "it's like you had 4 secuirity software suits and COMOD is a provider of a common GUI".
In a popup scenario:
Each CIS module may issue its own questionaire in the form of a set of popups.
In a "I need to make sure CIS knows not to block app X" scenario:
The user often has to go over several CIS modules creating rules in each and every one of them, then go on a testing venture.

Again, I'm not being grumpy here. I use Comod products since it was solely a firewall-only solution (2007?). While I welcome CIS no longer issues an avalanche of popup questions no sane non-professional computer user would be able to answer, I think CIS usability still suffer from the "each CIS module is a separate entity" philosophy.

Offline futuretech

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2019, 04:48:39 PM »
The firewall blocking is already submitted as a bug which happens at system startup the firewall blocks outgoing connections even of trusted applications. As for the HIPS blocking, those are normal as CIS does not allow other applications except a few selected applications to access its memory. If you want to give access to other applications so you don't get the constant blocking in the log then you need to edit the HIPS rule for the Comodo Internet Security file group as described in this post.

The user often has to go over several CIS modules creating rules in each and every one of them, then go on a testing venture.
Or just edit the file rating in the file list by changing it to trusted, all modules depend on the file rating, if it is trusted it won't be blocked under normal circumstances, the only other time special rules are need is when that application wants to access a CIS process in memory.

Offline Bucic

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2019, 05:14:22 PM »
The firewall blocking is already submitted as a bug which happens at system startup the firewall blocks outgoing connections even of trusted applications. As for the HIPS blocking, those are normal as CIS does not allow other applications except a few selected applications to access its memory. If you want to give access to other applications so you don't get the constant blocking in the log then you need to edit the HIPS rule for the Comodo Internet Security file group as described in this post.
I see. It's good I can just ignore those. I'm fine with that. No need for rules fiddling. It's just that I though CIS is actually impairing operation of its own components.
Or just edit the file rating in the file list by changing it to trusted, all modules depend on the file rating, if it is trusted it won't be blocked under normal circumstances, the only other time special rules are need is when that application wants to access a CIS process in memory.
A rating of a file? Do you mean a rating of an application executable, e.g. Steam.exe?

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek