Author Topic: CVA improvement suggestions & Wish-List  (Read 54734 times)

Offline LaserWraith

• pillow fighting fool
  • Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
  • I'm going to go out with a bang
Re: CVA improvement suggestions & Wish-List
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2008, 03:51:29 PM »
I have an idea:

(maybe this should be an idea for another product, not sure)
Well, let this program be able to install on a USB stick, so if we have to go fix someone's computer we could run this off of the USB stick.

And also look at bad Windows settings, bad browser settings, programs that have too much power, etc.

Offline Graham1

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2008, 04:32:47 PM »
I would like to be able to update CVA under a limited account (XP). Maybe prompted for the "admin" account password after selecting "Check for Update" under update.

:)

DarkButterfly

« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2008, 04:51:08 PM »
I would like to see it check for vulnerabilities on the complete system, such as bad security measures, etc, and to advice on how to make it more secure. I mean, we're talking about a vulnerability analyzer, right? Otherwise it should just be called something like Comodo Application Latest Version Checker ;)

Offline LaserWraith

• pillow fighting fool
  • Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
  • I'm going to go out with a bang
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2008, 07:14:50 PM »
I would like to see it check for vulnerabilities on the complete system, such as bad security measures, etc, and to advice on how to make it more secure. I mean, we're talking about a vulnerability analyzer, right? Otherwise it should just be called something like Comodo Application Latest Version Checker ;)
:-TU :-TU :-TU :-TU :-TU

Offline Philee

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2008, 07:03:17 PM »
 :-TU to the last one

Offline Graham1

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2008, 03:25:10 PM »
I would like to see a portable version of CVA (like CRC).

Offline Graham1

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2009, 10:43:40 AM »
I think it would be great to include CLT (and BO Tester) into CVA. A tool that not only tests installed applications but also the weaknesses of the OS's security (inc. other security products). Maybe call CSA (COMODO Security Analyzer). Of course, make portable so it can be easily run (without being installed) of other users computers.

Offline LeoniAquila

• Retired moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2009, 11:04:56 AM »
I think it would be great to include CLT (and BO Tester) into CVA. A tool that not only tests installed applications but also the weaknesses of the OS's security (inc. other security products). Maybe call CSA (COMODO Security Analyzer). Of course, make portable so it can be easily run (without being installed) of other users computers.

+1, I like this idea :-TU

Offline UncleDoug

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2009, 01:43:05 PM »
There are several driver programs that require you to pay to auto find new or missing drivers, many will not show you any information, and several will show versions that when I go to the software site that version is not listed.

Since CVA searches for updated programs wondered if a new section could search for missing or updated drivers and dll files etc.   The difficult part is coordinating with what version of software that is on the user's HD.

Thanks
UncleDoug
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 11:23:18 PM by UncleDoug »

Offline Graham1

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2009, 07:52:19 PM »
Hi

It would be usefull for CVA to show a list of currently installed (detected) applications showing vulnerable applications in red, applications with updates in orange and currently "ok" applications in green.

Edit: Rather that use seperate tabs for "updates", "vulnerable", etc, maybe put into groups in the main window. For example:-

[ Vulnerable ] <red bar
<vulnerable applications listed below>

[ Updates ] < orange bar
<updates for applications listed below>

[ End of Life ] < yellow bar
<end of life applications listed below>

[ Applications ] < green bar
<installed (detected) applications listed below>
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 03:17:04 AM by Graham1 »

Offline Toxteth O'Grady

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2009, 04:25:00 AM »
Comodo should create a database (part of its database) that is generated by the users of CVA. That would make the program far more effective in detecting available updates: faster update info available and "knowledge of" many more obscure programs as well. The more users CVA has, the better the system works.

This could be done the way SUMo works; by automatically reading the version info that is integrated in many program (exe) files. In other words, file versions have to be checked anyway, for CVA to work at all. Why not add the capability to CVA to use this information to automatically update the DB?
http://www.kcsoftwares.com/index.php?sumo

A very simple, effective and reliable method. The users won't have to do anything for this to work, all they'll notice is a better program.

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com | Smf Destek