Author Topic: WebInspector free web version  (Read 130864 times)

Offline SiberLynx

• Comodo's Hero
Re: WebInspector free web version
« Reply #120 on: July 04, 2011, 04:16:37 AM »
During this scan SI didn't get web-content, because of redirect loop. So, it can't say what this URL is a "High Risk".

But this URL are in the black list, so it's probably was unsafe in the recent past and can be unsafe again in a future. In such cases SI sets a "Medium Risk" status.

Currently, SI sets  a "High Risk" only in the cases of malicious activity found or direct links to malware files.
Hi vadim ,

After all that was posted here, your input was just confusing ... "more than ever" as they use to say here
I am sure that some advanced users will get  some sense out of it

,... but it would be highly appreciated if you would clarify what that suppose to mean to the "ordinary user"

I hope that Comodo will not deploy this kinda blurry answers ... getting to be a pattern here lately... unfortunately

Cheers!     
Main OS - Ubuntu
XP Pro, SP3 (32bit), Admin; Comodo Firewall 3.14.130099.587; Proactive with Defense+; Emsisoft Anti-Malware v9; Sandboxie
Win 7 x64, Admin (UAC off); Win7 advanced FW +TinyWall; Emsisoft Anti-Malware v9; Sandboxie
Win 7 Ultimate 32bit (UAC off); Emsisoft Internet Security v9 beta

Offline vadim

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #121 on: July 05, 2011, 03:35:32 AM »
Hi vadim ,

After all that was posted here, your input was just confusing ... "more than ever" as they use to say here
I am sure that some advanced users will get  some sense out of it

,... but it would be highly appreciated if you would clarify what that suppose to mean to the "ordinary user"

I hope that Comodo will not deploy this kinda blurry answers ... getting to be a pattern here lately... unfortunately

Cheers!     

Hi SiberLynx

I've posted a comment to a question about one of report.  I am sorry if it's not an understandable.
So, I try to explain this question in other words.

SI uses a different mechanisms and sources for detection of malicious web-pages. In some cases SI can identify malicious activity exactly ("High Risk" reports), but in the other cases not exactly ("Medium Risk" reports).

For example, some web-page returns dangerous code, but not for each user requests, only for some of them (e.g. selected by geo-zone). When SI scans such page it can get redirect to other page ("Inconclusive" report) or get safe web-content ("Safe" report). But SI also uses different black lists and if this web-page was found in there SI generate "Medium Risk" report.

SI in the current version, detection mechanisms can detect the several URL statuses, based on the different results:

- Inaccessible - URL is inaccessible.
- Inconclusive:
  • Redirected - URL is redirected to another domain.
  • Unavailable - requested page is not available.
- Safe - no malicious code, files or activity detected.
- Medium risk:
  • Suspicious - the page performs actions that are unusual.
  • Hosts Malware - the page hosts malware files.
  • Blacklisted - the page has been blacklisted.
  • Suspicious IP match - the page are hosted on the unsafe IP.
- High risk:
  • Malicious - the page contains an active exploit which tries to infect the users computer or dangerous scripts that may attack a browser.
  • Malware file - direct link to malware file.

--
Vadim Lvovskiy
Development Manager
COMODO Group Inc.

Offline wasgij6

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #122 on: July 06, 2011, 02:31:19 AM »
thanks for the explanation. keep up the great work. SI is amazing
| Win 10 Pro (x64) | UAC Disabled | CCAV | Intel i7 4770k | Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo | Asus GeForce GTX 780 | G.Skill TridentX 32gb RAM | Samsung 850 Pro SSD |

Offline Arkangyal

• "There is nothing impossible to him who will try." - Alexander The Great, ancient Greek King of Macedon, 356 BC-323 BC.
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • [ Visit Hungary ] www.hungary.hu
    • My blog
« Reply #123 on: July 14, 2011, 12:59:34 PM »
kkk... out with it, where is your LIKE button?! ^^

Offline SiberLynx

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #124 on: July 15, 2011, 03:46:38 AM »
kkk... out with it, where is your LIKE button?! ^^
kkk... who's "LIKE button?!"

What we are suppose to LIKE ^^ , Arkangyal   :D  Cheers!
Main OS - Ubuntu
XP Pro, SP3 (32bit), Admin; Comodo Firewall 3.14.130099.587; Proactive with Defense+; Emsisoft Anti-Malware v9; Sandboxie
Win 7 x64, Admin (UAC off); Win7 advanced FW +TinyWall; Emsisoft Anti-Malware v9; Sandboxie
Win 7 Ultimate 32bit (UAC off); Emsisoft Internet Security v9 beta

Offline trscsaeg

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #125 on: July 26, 2011, 04:54:07 PM »
add site inspectore to virus total by following the link

http://www.virustotal.com/faq.html

you will see this at the bottom of the page

"I would like to include my antivirus engine/URL analysis engine in VirusTotal, what should I do?
The process could not be easier, just contact us at info[at]virustotal.com. We will tell you what we need.

In exchange for providing an antivirus engine you will receive all files submitted to VirusTotal that are not detected by your product and are detected by at least one other antivirus, along with their corresponding VirusTotal reports.

In exchange for allowing us to use a URL analysis engine you will receive the whole feed of URLs submitted to VirusTotal, along with their corresponding VirusTotal reports."

Offline GOA

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #126 on: August 14, 2011, 08:23:05 AM »
Can SI detect only malware but no spam or phishing-links ?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 08:30:46 AM by GOA »
CF 10
Windows 10

Offline morphiusz

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Suspicious file?
« Reply #127 on: August 14, 2011, 12:03:11 PM »
It can, it uses few black lists.

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek